New room concept: 'Family Studios' at Poly2 (speculation)

Is there a possibility of club level rooms?

That is a very interesting question.

What are the possibilities of part of the tower, maybe the entire top floor, being designated as a Concierge Club Level?

And how might that allow DVC to load up the points for this new expansion, whether or not it is a new association.

Can you imagine how many points it would take for a Theme Park View, Top Floor, Concierge Club room?

Wow! That would be something!

That is a very interesting question.

What are the possibilities of part of the tower, maybe the entire top floor, being designated as a Concierge Club Level?

And how might that allow DVC to load up the points for this new expansion, whether or not it is a new association.

Can you imagine how many points it would take for a Theme Park View, Top Floor, Concierge Club room?

Wow! That would be something!
They could call it the 1,000 point club. :rolleyes1

THis photo seems to be taken from the Seven Seas Lagoon. AS you can see the monorail track to the right of the chapel, the Grand Floridian would be to the right of the photo, the mmajprity of the Poly is to the left of the photo
Thank you. So shouldn't the chapel be behind the tower or is it an optical illusion?

Thank you. So shouldn't the chapel be behind the tower or is it an optical illusion?
No…you walk by the chapel on the way to the Poly.…so we see the chapel first as this is being taken from VGF building looking toward the chapel/Poly.

No…you walk by the chapel on the way to the Poly.…so we see the chapel first as this is being taken from VGF building looking toward the chapel/Poly.
THANK YOU! Chapel on my left and Tower on my right!
I cannot tell you how much time at work was spent looking at this lol
I thought it was taken on Poly side.
So easy but yet I couldnt figure it out.

Thank you!

If that MB has a king size bed, I absolutely love this theory.... We are a family of 4 who often travels with a grandma and a couple of additional kids. This would be great for us bc we like to be able to close up the beds for the day for more "living space." and I hate cooking on vacation but like the idea of a full size fridge and w/d! Could be interesting concept.
I agree this is us too.... I love all of this how do we wish it into existence. Grandma loves being with the kids in the one bedroom but having a real bed for her would be amazing. We don't use the stove but love the fridge. Honestly we book the 1 bedroom for 2 reasons... having a seperate space for my less Disney enthusiast husband to sleep in on vacation and the laundry. I've done laundry when staying at poly and a studio at boardwalk and it ate into my vacation. I like to throw everything in, go to dinner/park, throw it in the dryer before bed and voila. Please let this be a thing.

Last edited:
Latest photos from Blog Mickey highlight the disproportionate amount of 2-bay rooms on the lagoon-side: https://blogmickey.com/2023/07/vert...c-tower-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/.

This is probably the best summary photo from their article:
polynesian-village-dvc-tower-south-wing-vertical-07222023-20.jpg

While there are some rooms that are adjacent, many have disconnected balconies or balconies with permanent concrete dividers and I'm very skeptical those would be used for lock-offs. I've marked up what visible. There's some other potentially novel configurations here, too!

Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 12.11.06 PM.png

A breakdown:
  • Green
    • 2-bay configurations, divided from other bays by solid concrete dividers
    • 45 of them!
    • Could be divided into two 1-bay rooms with non-concrete dividers in the future. Artist rendering has some of this.
    • If they remain as 2-bay rooms, that's traditionally 1BR, or the speculated Ohana Villas
  • Blue
    • 4-bay configurations with no internal divisions
    • 4 of them
    • Artist renderings had these as 3-bay + 1-bay, something like a dedicated/lock-off 2BR plus a studio
    • Potential that two blue blocks = 1GV as some Grand Villas are two-floors, but most are 6 bays total. VDH uses a 2-floor, 4-bay-per-floor configuration, however.
  • Pink
    • 4-bay configurations with internal concrete dividers that have passthroughs, like a doorway
    • 1+2+1-bay internal layout
    • 6 of them
    • Artist renderings originally divided the middle 2-bays into two 1-bays, creating four 1-bays per pink block
    • I think this is unlikely, but a 1+2+1 double-lock-off could be fairly interesting? Sleeping capacity of a Grand Villa, but without the grandness
  • Reddish-salmon
    • 6-bay configurations with no internal divisions
    • 2 of them
    • Grand Villa candidates as GVs are typically 6-bays, and these are high floors suitable for a GV
    • However, artist renderings have these divided into three 2-bays with less permanent dividers
  • Purple-ish maroon
    • 3-bay configurations with no internal dividers
    • 2 of them
    • Traditional dedicated 2BR configuration
  • Yellow
    • 1-bay configuration
    • 7 of them
    • Traditional dedicated deluxe/resort/duo studio configuration (can't tell depth from these images)
  • Orange
    • I have no idea what's going on at the top of this building lol
    • Two Grand Villas? Ultra Grand Villa? Restaurant? Who knows!

Anyway, I think it's increasingly evident there's an overabundance of 2-bay configurations considering the relative lack of popularity of 1BR Villas that normally occupy 2-bay rooms. While some 2-bays will be split into two 1-bays for some type of studios, I maintain my lean toward DVC doing something novel with many of the 2-bays rather than provide 'too many' 1BR rooms that will end up available at 7m.

And I say this despite wanting these to be 1BR for my own booking.

Latest photos from Blog Mickey highlight the disproportionate amount of 2-bay rooms on the lagoon-side: https://blogmickey.com/2023/07/vert...c-tower-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/.

This is probably the best summary photo from their article:

While there are some rooms that are adjacent, many have disconnected balconies or balconies with permanent concrete dividers and I'm very skeptical those would be used for lock-offs. I've marked up what visible. There's some other potentially novel configurations here, too!

View attachment 779651

A breakdown:
  • Green
    • 45 of them!
    • Could be divided into two 1-bay rooms with non-concrete dividers in the future. Artist rendering has some of this.
    • If they remain as 2-bay rooms, that's traditionally 1BR, or the speculated Ohana Villas

Please note that the two green units on the bottom left of the photo do not have full openings or balconies.
It appears that they will only have high windows there for some natural light to get in.
My guess is that area will be for offices or meeting spaces.

Any way we look at it, this tower is going to be something new and different!
I can't wait!
8-)

Reactions: ehh
.,… provide 'too many' 1BR rooms that will end up available at 7m.

And I say this despite wanting these to be 1BR for my own booking.
Oh please provide enough 1 BR so they are available at 7 mos! I want to try one and I own at BCV. That way, someone else can try BCV while I try yours. 😁 I LOVE 1 BRs!!

Please note that the two green units on the bottom left of the photo do not have full openings or balconies.
It appears that they will only have high windows there for some natural light to get in.
My guess is that area will be for offices or meeting spaces.

Any way we look at it, this tower is going to be something new and different!
I can't wait!
8-)
I think they have full openings that are covered by some sort of temporary structure (plywood?) for safety until a balcony is constructed. They could definitely remain as windows, though, as they have the thick floor/ceiling layer above them.

Oh please provide enough 1 BR so they are available at 7 mos! I want to try one and I own at BCV. That way, someone else can try BCV while I try yours. 😁 I LOVE 1 BRs!!
I think it will offer all room categories. There are no barriers on those balconies. There might be more one bedroom lock offs due to the size of the building.

Also I think some of you are seeing things that do not exist. There are no concrete barriers dividing those balconies. You are seeing the support between the two openings, not a barrier. you are no seeing the depth of the balcony.

362932987_7188490094501469_6638640688513373093_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think they have full openings that are covered by some sort of temporary structure (plywood?) for safety until a balcony is constructed. They could definitely remain as windows, though, as they have the thick floor/ceiling layer above them.

At first glance, I thought so, too.
So I took a close look at it when I was there last month.
Those are permanent concrete structures.
It looks strange at this point in the construction, but I think that they might end up being covered by the protective cover for the outdoor seating areas shown in the concept art.

Reactions: ehh
Also I think some of you are seeing things that do not exist. There are no concrete barriers dividing those balconies. You are seeing the support between the two openings, not a barrier. you are no seeing the depth of the balcony.
View attachment 779678

View attachment 779671
If this is referring to me, I have the top two floors highlighted in blue and describe the blue blocks as "4-bay configurations with no internal divisions", effectively saying the same as what you're saying.

And I specifically mention the 3+1 in the artist rendering you're showing, describing that as "something like a dedicated/lock-off 2BR plus a studio". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do throw out the idea of 8-bay Grand Villas, because I dig what VDH did, but realistically it's a 2BR+studio on each floor.

If this is referring to me, I have the top two floors highlighted in blue and describe the blue blocks as "4-bay configurations with no internal divisions", effectively saying the same as what you're saying.

And I specifically mention the 3+1 in the artist rendering you're showing, describing that as "something like a dedicated/lock-off 2BR plus a studio". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do throw out the idea of 8-bay Grand Villas, because I dig what VDH did, but realistically it's a 2BR+studio on each floor.
Those are not solid concrete balcony dividers though, that is the wall of the building dividing the two sliders. It is not on the balcony. Yes I think they are lock offs.

Those are not solid concrete balcony dividers though, that is the wall of the building dividing the two sliders. It is not on the balcony. Yes I think they are lock offs.
I'm not clear where we're in disagreement? I'm not even sure what floor we're talking about lol.

Broken out by floor:

Top floor:
2nd-from-top:
3rd-from-top:
  • One 2-bay configuration, with an impassible concrete divider that separates the balcony from a large open space where no rooms are
4th-from-top:
  • One 2-bay configuration, with an impassible concrete divider that separates the balcony from a large open space where no rooms are
5th-from-top:
  • Two 2-bay configurations, with the same concrete divider from the floors above. This divider completely separates the left 2-bay from the right 2-bay.
    • In the artist renderings, the right 2-bay is split into two 1-bays, which could be a less permanent divider coming later.
    • In the artist renderings, it looks like a 1BR, Studio, Studio from left to right. The 1BR and adjacent Studio could be combined in a lock-off internally, but the balcony is permanently divided.
6th-from-top:
  • Two 2-bay configurations, with the same concrete divider from the floors above. This divider completely separates the left 2-bay from the right 2-bay.
    • In the artist renderings, the right 2-bay is split into two 1-bays, which could be a less permanent divider coming later.
    • In the artist renderings, it looks like a 1BR, Studio, Studio from left to right. The 1BR and adjacent Studio could be combined in a lock-off internally, but the balcony is permanently divided.
7th-from-top:
  • Two 2-bay configurations that have concrete coverings over the bottom portion of the openings, possibly to be windows in the future.
    • I originally asserted plywood coverings, but looking at other photos I agree with @aka Charles that is concrete, likely permanent.

You are talking about this, right? That front beam is just that a beam...if we were standing on the balcony we could go from one of the windows to the other, behind the beam?

1690070143042.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter