So, what is a ronto wrap? Thanks!!!

It's piggy heaven.

It is a spicy, grilled natural casing pork sausage (tastes like a cross between a hot dog and hot link sausage to me), roasted, thin sliced pork tenderloin, tangy cabbage and carrot slaw, and a peppercorn aioli on a grilled naan bread. It looks like a taco. It's amazing. It's pretty big too. Definitely a full meal for me.

It's piggy heaven.

It is a spicy, grilled natural casing pork sausage (tastes like a cross between a hot dog and hot link sausage to me), roasted, thin sliced pork tenderloin, tangy cabbage and carrot slaw, and a peppercorn aioli on a grilled naan bread. It looks like a taco. It's amazing. It's pretty big too. Definitely a full meal for me.
It’s soooooooo good!!!!

Anyone heard about Florida? Is the new ride up and going? How are reviews?
The land opened on 8/29. Similar to DL's, DHS's SWGE opened with MFSR but not RotR. RotR is expected to open 12/5 at DHS and 1/17 at DL.

Anyone heard about Florida? Is the new ride up and going? How are reviews?
I've been following several threads on the WDW side of DIS, and I've also been watching the WDW app. Honestly, it's unfolding exactly like DL did, except in Florida. The first day there were tons of people and the boarding groups were activated--for a few hours. By 3:30, the boarding groups were taken off line and haven't been used since. By 5:30 pm on opening day, MFSR was down to a 95 minute wait. It hovered between 75-95 minutes all day yesterday, but seems to be a bit longer today.

Reviews are mixed. A lot of people LOVE it. A lot of people like it. And a lot of people think Disney made a grave error by not following the original trilogy and hate it. The blue and green milk, the ride, the food and merch... pretty much all the reactions are the same. The prevailing theory on the WDW side is that attendance is down because of Hurricane Dorian's approach. The prevailing theory on the DL side was that attendance was down because APs were blocked. But now APs are unblocked and crowds are still low. So it'll be interesting to see what happens once Dorian's threat passes. I am just so fascinated by the whole thing.

Last edited:
Throw our votes into the "Who loves the Ronto Wrap?" ring! And also throw our votes into the "SWGE needs more/better snacks" ring -- migraine inducing popcorn and weird-bar-snacks-that-can-only-be-had-with-a-reservation just aren't enough to sustain a hungry land of visitors. Trader Joe's has more interesting popcorn flavors!

Going to DL Dec 30-Jan3. I know it’s the busiest time of year, but my husband,@ hard core SW fan, really wanted to take my boys, 24,21,18 to see the falcon. I know ride 2 opens January 17....anyone think there may be soft openings? Also, we are doing 5 days in the parks, no,hoppers, and thinking Dec.31 and January 1 going to DCA as it is likely to be less crowded than DL? Any thoughts?

Going to DL Dec 30-Jan3. I know it’s the busiest time of year, but my husband,@ hard core SW fan, really wanted to take my boys, 24,21,18 to see the falcon. I know ride 2 opens January 17....anyone think there may be soft openings? Also, we are doing 5 days in the parks, no,hoppers, and thinking Dec.31 and January 1 going to DCA as it is likely to be less crowded than DL? Any thoughts?

Busy time like Christmas and New Years, I would do hopper with maxpass so you can get your fastpasses easily. They probably won’t do soft opening on the 2nd ride until a few a day before opening.

PSA: I’m literally standing in the Smuggler’s Run single rider line as I type this. As I’m waiting here THREE different groups have made their way back down the stairs because they were not allowed to ride together. Three!

I have no idea what people think Single Rider means or why they assume they’ll be allowed to ride together. But, please spread the word: if you want to ride in the same cockpit as someone else, then single rider is not for you!

(I know I’m preaching to the choir here since the folks on this board know what to do, but it’s just surprising to see so many people surprised that they can’t ride together after getting in the single rider line. I guess, ultimately, the CMs at the entrance need to be more vigilant. Especially when they see a group enter the single rider line together.)

Edit: Although, good on the attraction CMs for not letting it slide, and sending the guests back to the standby line!

Last edited:
PSA: I’m literally standing in the Smuggler’s Run single rider line as I type this. As I’m waiting here THREE different groups have made their way back down the stairs because they were not allowed to ride together. Three!

I have no idea what people think Single Rider means or why they assume they’ll be allowed to ride together. But, please spread the word: if you want to ride in the same cockpit as someone else, then single rider is not for you!

(I know I’m preaching to the choir here since the folks on this board know what to do, but it’s just surprising to see so many people surprised that they can’t ride together after getting in the single rider line. I guess, ultimately, the CMs at the entrance need to be more vigilant. Especially when they see a group enter the single rider line together.)

Edit: Although, good on the attraction CMs for not letting it slide, and sending the guests back to the standby line!

I rode single rider a few times on Friday and noticed something similar. They were making near-constant announcements that parties would be separated, but twice I saw groups protest when they were going to be spit up.

Regarding the AP blockouts being lifted and the parks still being slow... do you think that is because many AP holders did not renew? I mean, it doesn't make sense that building SWGE would actually drive people away from the park who otherwise would want to be there. They could just go to the other lands and avoid Galaxy's Edge. And it's not exactly a secret that the land is not swamped with rabid Star Wars fans. So it's curious. What is keeping the APs away now?

For us, the value isn't there. The way the raised the prices on everything, cut the portion sizes, streamlined menus, cut back on staffing, etc, the value for our family isn't there.

Reactions: EmJ
I am clearly behind and lost... Oga's reservations. Were they opened at the 60 day mark (and are therefore really all gone for the second week in October) or are they only opening 14 days out or so? I can't keep up!

I am clearly behind and lost... Oga's reservations. Were they opened at the 60 day mark (and are therefore really all gone for the second week in October) or are they only opening 14 days out or so? I can't keep up!

It looks like they were open for 60 days because of a glitch or something. The Cantina reservations are back to 14 days out.

It looks like there are interactions around GE at Disneyworld with the play app. Is that the same for D Land?

It looks like there are interactions around GE at Disneyworld with the play app. Is that the same for D Land?

Yes, some. One of our friends was messing around on the app making subtle things light up or make noise. Maybe with more time, it would have been more impressive, but what we did was a little lame.

DS is turning 11 next weekend so we thought for his bday we’d take him to DL to build a lightsaber. Likely fly down on 9/20 so he can build on 9/21. I just looked into booking a reservation and everything is all booked 9/16-10/19. Anyone have an idea if spots readily open up? Should I obsessively be checking the site for a spot or is it going to be next to impossible?

Thanks for any insight you might have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter