New THREAD: Your voucher experience..do tell?

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
I read the thread on the Budget board. It seems to contain more info regarding where to buy the vouchers and what the cost is. I'm looking for recent accounts of folks using them. I ordered mine already for our upcoming trip.

What would your original bill have been vs what your vouchers cost? Where did you eat and felt you got a good value? If you remember what was ordered....post that too. I used these vouchers about 3 years ago. I only have one recollection of Beaches and Cream. I know our bill was around $110 for 6 of us and we used 4 vouchers (one was a childs!) so the savings was TREMENDOUS. Don't get me wrong, I know we saved money on all the vouchers but its been so long, I don't remember what we got.

Any recent experiences? Let's get a thread started so we can do our homework!!

Esmerelda :)

The vouchers that can be used at Beaches and Cream are called Quick & Casual. I have never seen a children's voucher of this type. Only the more expensive vouchers- the Vacation Kingdom Lunch vouchers, and the breakfast vouchers have a children's version. We used the Q&C's last year. I didn't keep the receipts, but I can tell you we used them at the AS food court, Yakitori House, and Pepper Market. We saved money at all three places, the most savings being at Pepper Market. An entree with a side at the food court will cost about 8.50. A bottled drink, 2., and about 5. for a Mickey Sundae. This adds up to more than a 5. savings once you include tax. Your best bet is to take a look at the menus on Deb Will's site- www.allearsnet.com to determine if what you would probably order would cost more than the 11.50 you will spend on each Q&C voucher from Hotwire.

ooops sorry Frann...you're right...they were just Q&C vouchers. I was thinking of the breakfast ones that are kids and adult separate. Thanks... I know all about Deb's website... I would just like to hear first hand where folks ate...what they were allowed to order/or not order so to speak. Beaches and Cream was a definite savings for our group! Some places will tell you "no, you can't order that..." other places would tell you just the opposite. I am curious to know particulars.

I just thought it would be fun to start a thread on this topic since the other thread mostly deals with where to buy them and how much they cost...where to use them..etc. I want to know food particulars....LOL!

anybody.....?

Esmerelda....<loves to eat....:hyper:

We used ONE AKL at RFC and it fed me, DH and DS (5).
We got a Smoothie ($6), Shrimp Cocktail (DS meal $9.99), a Dinner Platter with Shrimp, Chicken and Ribs, fries and a veggie ($26.99), Bananas Foster ($6.99) and a margarita paid seperate for. Our bill was over $60.00 and again, we had ONE voucher to use. It was well worth it.

I used one once at- UK fish and chip place- barely broke even.
-China- awesome value-DD got about $16 worth of food
-almost all counter service places in MK- these you saved a buck or 2
- both water parks- minimal savings
- beaches and cream-love this place. Had the kitchen sink one time and 2 sundaes another time. Great food and great savings.
-pepper market- DH always gets the steak and me and DD's share fahitas or a pasta dish. If you have vouchers you have to go here. I can't believe they have not banned this place yet.
-ASM food court- not as good value as Pepper Market but better than theme parks. Saved about $5 or $6 at these places.

For me it isn't just about the savings it is also the fact that another portion of the trip is paid for.

Originally posted by hockey mom
-pepper market- DH always gets the steak and me and DD's share fahitas or a pasta dish. If you have vouchers you have to go here. I can't believe they have not banned this place yet.

They probably will on October 31...we're planning on using our Q & C Vouchers here on November 1 & 3! :p

gee..I hope not Dopey Sharon...LoL.. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

I'm going to have to get to the Pepper Market...haven't been there yet.

Esmerelda :hyper:

We used 2 Q & C Vouchers 3 weeks ago at Tangierine Grill(Morrocco) that fed 2 adults and 3 kids for dinner! We got:
1 rotisserie platter- half a chicken with yellow rice and lentil salad
1 mediterranean wrap platter- 1 wrap, yellow rice and lentil salad
2 side orders of cous cous
2 extra large cokes
2 chocolate cakes
The bill would have been $38.75...so we thought we did pretty good!
Keep in mind that we weren't super hungry because we had a huge lunch at Coral Reef!

Wow AspiringCindy...sounds like you guys did great...so glad to hear it. This is the first post I've read regarding the Morocco grill.

Thanks for posting!
Esmerelda :)

I agree the Pepper Market is a great savings. We used them last week, 2 times. We went for dinner one night and my husband got the Prime Rib special, an iced tea and carrot cake - I think his total was about $25. I got the fahita's which came with rice and beans, and they let me get a small salad (which is good size), an iced tea and the german chocolate cake - which is awesome. I think my total was about $20. It's a great place to use them, the employees are very nice and the food is good.

We also used them at ABC Comm in MGM - probably about broke even. We got burgers with fries, iced teas and ice cream bars. Used them at Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bills in MK and saved a couple of dollars. I know last year at Pecos, they let us get the burger with the fries plus a side, this time I could not get an extra side. The best value I think was getting the double burger and paying for an extra roll, the kids split the extra burger and it only cost .79 or so for the roll.

Hey Sharon looks like we will be in Disney with Vouchers same time as you -- Don't jinx us !! LOL .. Kidding.. I will be at CS on Nov 4 & 5 .. maybe we will see you there .. Michelle

Welll alrighty then...I expect reports from both DopeySharon...and bigsis1970 after the November 5th time frame.....;)

I'm looking forward to hearing how you two faired on the vouchers....hope you both have a SUPER trip!

Esmerelda:teeth:

Esmerelda, I LOVE your idea! I think this will be very valuable to those going with vouchers in the future.

Esmerelda - I promise to report back ! its the least I can do when these boards are soo helpful in my planning of a trip .. I am going to use some of then at Pepper Market - Beaches and Cream - Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bills, either the Liberty Inn or Sunshine Food Fare in Epcot , Flame tree or Tusker House in AK . I hope to keep pretty detailed notes so i can break it down for each place but we will have to see about that it is after all vacation.. LOL.. Michelle

I know several meals are already paid for!
We only bought 12 vouchers for our trip(family of 5), I don't want to feel too pressured to use them and get a great deal. We plan to use them at B&C our last day in Orlando that will really be a travel day, but I figured it would be a good last WDW hurrah! We have a late afternoon flight, so we can go to lunch there.
Also will probably use them at Yakitori(sp?) as DH loves Sushi and want to try to make it to Pepper Market. Youngest DD will be kids menu all the way(maybe me too), but the two teenagers will use them I'm sure.

DH & I (no kids) used one voucher to split one meal, side, drink, dessert, etc. at Tangerine Cafe, Beaches & Cream, and Peco Bill's. Plenty of food, good savings. I can't recall specifics right now.

We used one voucher each on another trip to Peco Bill's and at the POFQ Food Court - while we saved money, it was way too much food. I think they are most efficient if you use them to split meals.

We also had one VKL we used at RFC at AK. We easily had a $65 meal for $31. These people bend over backwards to give you your money's worth we had: Order of Wings (8.99); Primal Steak (19.99); TWO add-on orders of coconut shrimp (6.99 x 2) - we asked for ONE, they brought out TWO; the 6.99 Souvenior Cup Drink; AND Key Lime Pie (5.99) We were so stuffed we got dessert to go. The food was awesome too. We figured after tax + tip this was at least $65-70 meal. I think we may have thrown in an extra $5 for our waitress b/c she was so accomodating.

Wow LglBlonde...sounds like you did quite well at the RFC!! I hadn't thought about it...but now I will! I remembered that we tipped our waitress well at B/C also...they were super when we used our two years ago.

I agree Tinkerbell13....I liked the fact that something besides airfare is paid for ahead. It just gives you more of an idea of what you have to 'yet' purchase once you're there. I like that...lord knows you can surely spend 'more' once you get there!

thanks for posting,
Esmerelda:teeth:

I never even thought about going to pepper marker until now. If we drive to the resort will they let us in to eat. This year we are staying off site. Also, I would like to visit CS. Doesthe roast beef dinner or the steak have big portions? We used them at beaches and cream in the past and was more than satisfied.

1 adult VKL voucher at Alfredos (August 2004)
Pizza appetizer ($9.95)
Trio Pasta ($18.95)
Coke ($1.99)
Coppa Fragola (Mascaponi cheese and berries dessert) ($6.00)
Total = $36.89 + tax and tip

1 childs VKL voucher at Alfredos (August 2004)
Pizza appetizer ($9.95) - from adult menu
Kids Spaghetti ($5.99)
Kids Cappucino (hot chocolate) ($2.75)
Spuma di Cioccolata (chocolate mousse) ($6.50) - from adult menu
Total = $25.19 + tax and tip

4 of us ate this meal. The pizza appetizers were a full dinner plate size and more than enough for my meal and my older DD ate the other pizza appetizer for her meal.

1 adult VKL voucher at Rainforest Cafe in AK (August 2004)
Caribe chicken appetizer
steak and coconut shrimp meal
1 huge icee drink mug with coke
1 volcano (combined with a kid voucher to get this)

1 child VKL voucher at Rainforest Cafe in AK (August 2004)
bruschetta appetizer
1 filet mignon meal (she offered the stuffed lobster with this but DH said no thanks)
1 huge icee drink mug with sprite
1 volcano (combined with an adult voucher to get this)

We didn't try to get the "best deal" here. We just ordered what we wanted. We still made out extremely well. We were able to order totally off the adult menu with the kid voucher.

1 Q&C voucher at Lotus Blossom Cafe (August 2004)
TwiceCooked Beef meal ($6.59)
Fried rice as side item ($3.99)
Fruit cup for dessert ($2.99)
Large coke ($2.29)
Total = $15.86 + $1.04 tax = $16.90

They really know how to use these here. As soon as I showed the voucher she pulled out the menu and told me what I could have. The fried rice side was very large and this is what my DH had for his meal. We could have ordered a specialty drink (like the ones with tapioca balls???) but opted for a plain old coke.

1 Q&C voucher at Pepper Market (August 2004)
1 ribeye steak with baked potato and grilled veggies ($17.95)
1 coke ($1.99)
1 chocolate croissant (~$2.50)
Total = at least $22.44 + tax and tip

1 Q&C voucher at Pepper Market (August 2004)
1 bourbon chicken with rice ($12.50)
1 diet coke ($1.99)
1 cinnamon roll (~$2.50)
Total = at least $16.99 + tax and tip

DH didn't try to get the "best deal" with his voucher. He just got what he wanted and still came out ahead. We did by a kids pizza and kids pasta for the girls. There was enough food with just the two vouchers, but the girls didn't want what we had. They wanted pizza and pasta.

We were at WDW for 8 days. I ordered 2 adult and 2 kid VKL vouchers. I ordered 5 Q&C vouchers. With the VKL vouchers, we were able to feed our family of 4 with 1 adult and 1 kid voucher.

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter