New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The proper comparison is to compare a ticket you could have bought yesterday to that same ticket today PLUS the Flexible Date option. That's apples to apples, that's the same product.

Anyway, based on that I saved $185 dollars by buying next year's tickets yesterday.

So that's good I guess? Sigh
The nice thing about the flexible date option is that it extends the date till the "old" expiration date type of tickets. Most thought it was only going to be for making them last 2 weeks. Makes that option much more palatable for those that need that option

Last edited:
The proper comparison is to compare a ticket you could have bought yesterday to that same ticket today PLUS the Flexible Date option. That's apples to apples, that's the same product.

Anyway, based on that I saved $185 dollars by buying next year's tickets yesterday.

So that's good I guess? Sigh

Bingo - did anyone's actually go DOWN in this case? If not, it's a price increase for everyone across the board...just like when they split off no expiration and then charged for it awhile back...

The bold is not surprising

You can make changes to your tickets, including your ticket dates, prior to midnight ET of the day before your ticket’s first valid use date. There’s no change fee to modify, but an additional cost applies for dates with higher ticket prices. No refund or credit is given for changes from dates with higher prices to dates with lower prices.

Last edited:

Bingo - did anyone's actually go DOWN in this case? If not, it's a price increase for everyone across the board...just like when they split off no expiration and then charged for it awhile back...
You can't assume that matters to everyone.
If the person buying never needed them to last till 12/19 then having the cost of it removed from their tickets would still be a saving to that person. In the case of this guest, the changes today are an improvement.
If that makes sense.

Unless you think you might change your tickets from a low time of the year to a high time, I don't think the flex option is worth it at all. Especially since your can use the value if they expire or maybe changes up until you use them.

$50 is a lot per person. Has anyone checked the price difference between the highest cost dates and the lowest?

Serving myself a big ole piece of humble pie for breakfast! What I thought could never happen, did! Prices for some 1 day tickets went down rather than up!

Yesterday's prices:
View attachment 358774

Today's prices for basic tickets on the lowest priced day I can find:
View attachment 358778

This is one time I'm happy to be eating humble pie!!! :D
Technical point here: Those aren't 1-day tickets. They are 1-park-per-day, multi-day tickets. There's no price point listed for 1-day tickets in the "before" part of your example.

However, it does look as if for some dates (and you can bet they aren't most dates) prices for multi-day passes will go down. But don't get too excited. Disney did this same thing when they rolled out MYW tickets. The price actually went down on some passes...for a year. And then the following year, a price hike brought those tickets well above their pre-MYW prices.

If the person buying never needed them to last till 12/19 then having the cost of it removed from their tickets would still be a saving to that person. In the case of this guest, the changes today are an improvement.
If that makes sense.

It doesn't matter if it "matters" - it's a loss of value (the ability to use the ticket anytime in 2019), whether it's used or not. Just like if someone goes to a character dinner buffet and finds out a character they hated anyway and weren't planning on greeting isn't showing as planned. They still lost the "value" of it, even if they personally weren't using it.

It doesn't matter if it "matters" - it's a loss of value (the ability to use the ticket anytime in 2019), whether it's used or not. Just like if someone goes to a character dinner buffet and finds out a character they hated anyway and weren't planning on greeting isn't showing as planned. They still lost the "value" of it, even if they personally weren't using it.
It matters when the bottom line is, the person buying the ticket that would never use it till 2019 is now paying less. You can't say that person has to include the Flex option to say they would have paid less yesterday. All the person buying cares about is, they are paying less today, to get the same exact use. Paying less for what you need is paying less. That's what matters.
That character meal analogy is lost on me, but I am blonde at the root of my hair, ;)

Parking at the parks, resorts, or both went up? I thought parking was already comically high! For MBs, you mean to buy them from the disney store or shop disney parks app, specialty ones, or what? This is the first mention I've heard of other increases overnight. I guess they had to keep up with the food increases from just a couple of weeks ago :sad2:!
Parking at the parks is now $25 and all the magicbands have gone up in price.

Where are you seeing the increase in parking fees? Disney website still shows this, I think that's the same as before?

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
Parking at the parks is now $25. As far as I know resort parking has not increased.

It matters when the bottom line is, the person buying the ticket that would never use it till 2019 is now paying less. You can't say that person has to include the Flex option to say they would have paid less yesterday. All the person buying cares about is, they are paying less today, to get the same exact use. Paying less for what you need is paying less. That's what matters.
That character meal analogy is lost on me, but I am blonde at the root of my hair, ;)
Yes you are paying less for less value, but you are not paying enough less to make up for that lost value, so technically you are paying more. They Disney steamroller is still coming for you and will get more of your total $ and will now catch you unaware.

The bottom line is you are now paying a substantial amount for something you got for free yesterday. There is no other way to twist it, or try to use Disney math.

If that makes sense.
That's not exactly accurate.

Remember before your tickets used to be able to be used anytime within a 14 day period. You no longer get that.

For example if you select a 5-day park hopper for 10/17/18 you only have until 10/24/18 to use them. That will narrow down the amount of folks not impacted even more.

Now...consider that in order to get the 14 day time period back for a 5-day park hopper you have to pay $47.42+ tax (which equals $50.50 with tax) MORE than you did previously.

It's basically a double whammy for the Flexible Option--adds back on 14-day usage and you don't have to choose specific dates.

So not only do people need to consider this in their comparisons between before and after they need to consider the amount of days they are purchasing and the amount of days they have to use those tickets and then compare that with the Flexible Option to remove those restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter