New to Contemporary

CarsFanatic

Earning My Ears
Hey there fellow DisDads. I need some assistance.

In light of a recent promotion at work (I was promoted to Fire Marshal), I told the family that I would book us a couple nights at a Deluxe Resort on our upcoming Disney trip. Now, everyone in our family has agreed to stay at the Contemporary, that's not the problem. The question is, should I spend the extra $$$ to stay at club level? We already have a Magic Kingdom view room booked, but I was thinking by spending that kind of $$$ already on a resort that we will probably take FULL advantage of the facilities there. Can anyone shed some light on this, or share some tips and tricks from staying there in the past? Any information now would be great since we have never stayed there before....

Thanks Dads!!

Hey there fellow DisDads. I need some assistance.

In light of a recent promotion at work (I was promoted to Fire Marshal), I told the family that I would book us a couple nights at a Deluxe Resort on our upcoming Disney trip. Now, everyone in our family has agreed to stay at the Contemporary, that's not the problem. The question is, should I spend the extra $$$ to stay at club level? We already have a Magic Kingdom view room booked, but I was thinking by spending that kind of $$$ already on a resort that we will probably take FULL advantage of the facilities there. Can anyone shed some light on this, or share some tips and tricks from staying there in the past? Any information now would be great since we have never stayed there before....

Thanks Dads!!

Someone who knows something more than me (not a big requirement) should be along to answer your question. Just wanted to say congratulations on the promotion!

I can't help with the question about the Contemporary but just wanted to say congratulations on the promotion! :firefight :thumbsup2

Congratulations on the promotion!

Last October my DW, DS7, and DD1 decided to stay for the first time at a Disney Resort. We chose the Contemporary since my DS is a huge fan of trains and always loved the monorail. We knew we wanted TPV, but we went back and forth on wether to stay club level. We eventually decided to do it since it was our first time.

The food selection and the space are not the greatest at CR. I believe you will hear this from everyone else that posts about the lounge at CR. As I mentioned before, we had never stayed at a Disney Resort so we did not know what to expect, nor did I have anything to compare it to other than what we read. I will say that we found it adequate to meet our needs. We used it for breakfast items for the kids, and snacks here and there. They do have milk and juice which worked out great with our kids. For this it was perfect. My DS loved the idea that he could run down to the lounge and grab a snack or drink whenever he wanted it. Our DD would be asleep on most nights before Wishes would start, so we would grab some snacks and drinks and head back to the room so my DS could sit on the balcony and watch the show.

What I liked most about concierge at CR is the location and staff. The lounge is located right when you get off the elevators. It was nice to have someone answering last minute questions before we headed out to the parks, and then to see them when we returned asking about our day. My DS would come back almost every time and tell the CM's what he had done at the parks, and they always acted as though it was the most exciting news they had ever heard. It just made the trip a bit more magical for everyone. They were also able to get us last-minute reservations at Chef Mickey's when we could not book one.

We leave again in 17 days for our third trip at a Disney Resort. We stayed at BLT in November in a studio with TPV, and after 3 reservation changes, we will be returning to CR Atrium Club Level with TPV. It made enough of an impression with us to go back.

Congratulations on the promotion.

We stayed at the Contemporary at Christmas of 2010 and we were satisfied with simply a theme park view. Being able to look out on the park anytime you wanted was a thrill. We rarely eat at our resorts, maybe grabbing a CS meal for lunch at some point and grabbing snacks or refilling mugs at others so that was no problem for us either. DS and DD loved being able to run down to the lobby and get drinks for themselves and everyone else and the shops were convenient for that as well.

What we loved the most about the Contemporary, other than the view of the park and Wishes, was being able to walk to the MK and avoid any type of traffic or delay.

If you want to make this a special trip and celebrate your promotion fully I'd say splurge, if you consider upgrading to a deluxe special enough then I'd say you could save the dollars from the upgrade and maybe upgrade to a special meal during the trip or buy something special while at the parks.

We did 10 days at CR Club level last May... It was great.. Cast members hooked me up with a few beer request... The snacks were great, and the kids loved having a chance to grab a couple cokes to toss in their packs on the way out each morning...

The CM there are AWESOME... they went out of their way for us all week...

Now for us it was not a big jump up last year in cost for the CL but it was worth it...

Most nights we would come watch fireworks from balcony with a desert tray we fixed... Then if it was a late night we would just walk back to MK and play...

Oh and go down and get a Dulce de Leche cupcake from contempo

Yakitori-Ohana-CRT-ViaNap-Illum-Booths-473-500x520.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter