• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New to idea of renting— logistics question

Sparkle51

Earning My Ears
as a family we would love to rent points and stay all together at the boardwalk grand villa which sleeps 12. Is this even remotely possible to get, I imagine its a hot commodity. Second- can a studio/1 BR and a 2BR at beach club be combined to make a larger complex?

Sorry like I said I’ve never rented points before so I’m a complete novice

There are only 7 BW GVs, so it's unlikely to get one renting UNLESS you arrange the rental before the 11 month point. BCV do NOT connect such that you can make a 1BR + a 2BR. Only connection is a 1 BR + a Studio, called a 2 BR lock-off. BWv GV run from 561 points in the lowest season to 950 in the holiday season for a week. At $16-18 a point it will be costly and difficult finding an owner with that many points for rent.

At that rate, you'd probably be better off renting offsite. Otherwise, even if you find an owner with that many points, you are looking at spending $15-25K for the week just on accommodations.

can a studio/1 BR and a 2BR at beach club be combined to make a larger complex?
You can not combine rooms but you can request that rooms be located close together so that you might get them on the same floor. I agree with PP finding a member with points for a grand villa is likely very slim and you would be better off cost wise looking for a large home offsite which would be 1/3 of the cost. Either that or you do look into every "family" in your party renting their own room. If looking at BC then you would want to book at 11 months out to ensure you all get rooms there. It can be noted on the reservations that you are "traveling with" so rooms can be close.

You can not combine rooms but you can request that rooms be located close together so that you might get them on the same floor. I agree with PP finding a member with points for a grand villa is likely very slim and you would be better off cost wise looking for a large home offsite which would be 1/3 of the cost. Either that or you do look into every "family" in your party renting their own room. If looking at BC then you would want to book at 11 months out to ensure you all get rooms there. It can be noted on the reservations that you are "traveling with" so rooms can be close.

When we did the family trip with my in-laws, we got a 2br for us and a separate studio for the in-laws. This gave each of us some space (and them their own coffee maker), but we let them use our washer/dryer. They ended up on the same floor but down the hall a little bit. (This was at Wilderness Lodge, FWIW.)

as a family we would love to rent points and stay all together at the boardwalk grand villa which sleeps 12. Is this even remotely possible to get, I imagine its a hot commodity. Second- can a studio/1 BR and a 2BR at beach club be combined to make a larger complex?

Sorry like I said I’ve never rented points before so I’m a complete novice
GVs require a hefty number of points. You would need to find one owner who has that many points that they wish to rent out. It took nearly 3 years' worth of my BWV points to book a week in a BWV GV last year during October, which is a time when point requirements are close to the lowest.

I agree with PPs who suggest getting a 2BR + a studio. The studio will not connect to the 2BR but it can serve as a gathering place for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter