New Year's Eve at Universal?

marr1638

Earning My Ears
It sounds like WDW is exceptionally crowded New Year's Eve. Are the Universal parks as crowded? Do they do anything special that night besides fireworks?

My husband and I will be in Orlando at Universal, IOA and Citywalk for the NYE weekend. We just purchased tickets for NYE party at Citywalk...I have read mixed reviews, however, but for the most part, it sounds like it will be fun! Of course there will be crowds, but what else can one expect for a holiday weekend! I figure there is only one way to find out if we will like it or not, and that is just to go!!!!!!!

We am looking forward to it!, Especially my husband, he is really excited about it!

:bounce:

I went last year and it was quite cold, but fun. The fireworks were excellent, they come from Universal, IOA, and Citywalk at the same time. Although yes it was crowded. On the way to the parking lot we stopped solid with the streets filled with people, then moved a little, then stopped. But the rides at IOA last year were less crowded than I expected. I remember Hulk and Dr. Doom being around 20 minutes around dusk. Go for it, it's fun!

The party at City Walk is excellent, only $99 per person, you get food all night, party favors, champagne at midnight...and the clubs are exclusive to the party ticket holders until after the fireworks. We loved it last year. The fireworks at midnight are wonderful.

It was a pretty chilly night, but it didn't seem to slow anyone down last year. There was still a lot of people...but we really didn't have to wait long for anything.

I know I'm planning to be at IOA for NYE...can't think of a better place to be to ring in the new year!!! (ok...well, if it were up to ME, I'd go to Citywalk....but those darn children keep me from doing THAT! :D :D :D )

Ah, but they're only young for a little while...:rolleyes:

Karen

Originally posted by MsDisney
I know I'm planning to be at IOA for NYE...can't think of a better place to be to ring in the new year!!! (ok...well, if it were up to ME, I'd go to Citywalk....but those darn children keep me from doing THAT! :D :D :D )

Ah, but they're only young for a little while...:rolleyes:

Karen

I'm in the same predicament, Karen!

I WAS coming down with my friend and her daughter but they dropped out. Now it's just me and Michael. Neither of us are "night" people but I'm dragging him to NYE anyway! :bounce: The ONLY time I've EVER seen Michael's eyes open at 11pm was in Orlando!

MIB999999 and his alien mistress will dine at mythos and greet the new year from the mythos patio area.

Those of you who have eaten at mythos more than once can you picture the MYTHOS staff at new years?????:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter