New You First Program UPDATE

ladybugz11

Mouseketeer
I've been checking the website daily to see if they would explain the benefits more clearly. Just noticed you can go modify your profile and choose your preferences. This option also states your current status ie..blue, gold, or platinum. Also they have updated the welcome screen to include examples of the criterea to maintain status. :dance3:

I had been checking every morning but the system always seemed down for maintenance. I was getting concerned when people were referring to the email acknowledging them as platinum while mine didn't. It was very reassuring to see platinum under my preferences - now if only I can score one of those 1 year extensions.

I checked too. Mine says platinum. So I guess I will book Nashville in December and hope for a December 2009 farewell suite vacation!:lmao: I havent had vacation at christmas for 22 years, but those stuborn hangers-on ahead of me in seniority are finally throwing in the towel, so I should be able to get it.

It might be nice for my last platinum hurrah to be in a portofino suite.

i checked mine this morning
it shows platinum and my number.

i think in about 2 months from now, the kinks will be worked out.

good thing i checked my profile, i was listed as a Mr. born in 1900. :laughing:

i just checked my profile at the loews youfirst site and see they did correct my gender and birthdate.

i also noticed they stripped me of my platinum status when i did the update and list me with the same loews number i have had the last 7 years to a "Member" status....:confused3

i sent off an email but doubt i will hear anything soon.

this is crazy.....
and annoying to say the least.

i should have stayed as a 108 year old man.

has any one gone back and rechecked their profile for status after making an update?

OMG, it did it to me also! My platinum is gone and it says member!

Happened to me too.

Sounds like they weren't really ready for the roll-out of the new and "improved" (cough, cough) program.

Me too! I was gold prior to updating my date of birth and now I'm just a member. I sent them an email too. Thanks for catching that, Mac!

Mine did this too ! I was freaking out thinking I had messed something up !

I just emailed them asking about my status.

Same thing happened to me. Same age, listed as a Mr. and after fixing it I am now a member. Also, under reservations they are not listing my newly booked PBH stay. :confused3

i sent an email late last night when i posted on this thread.

it is very annoying but i have faith that it will be corrected.

i don't know if they man the phones on the weekend but i will call in a bit and check.

it has to be a computer glitch.
i don't know why damo wasn't effected by it.
maybe the members that corrected errors from mr to ms/mrs/miss and age were the ones this happened to.

i'll let you all know here what i find out.
if new people come on this thread, hopefully they will check the profile site and see how it is for them.

and, when i went back in last night to look at the profile site, i had to make a new password........again an annoyance.

and, when i went back in last night to look at the profile site, i had to make a new password........again an annoyance.

Same here, its a definite glitch. I had to redo my password, and when I put my credit card info in, they told me it was invalid. So I took the information out and saved it, and after the screen refreshed there was my credit card information. :confused3

Mine showed up as Platinum..

Everything else was right except for the fact that I was 108 years young..

Do any of us have a stay coming up so that we can try out the new benefits?

i called and it was a long phone call of 25 minutes.

i suggest you call if the same thing happened to you.
1-877-563-9714

that is the number for loews youfirst department that you need to go through.

they saw that i was a platinum member under Loews First but a member with Loews YouFirst. my loews number is the same for both accounts.
also, no ressie listed for me for my fall trip on either programs.

they can't change or fix my loews problem.
they had to send an email to customer resource manager for assistance.
i asked if others can send a direct email to that department and was told no.
only the staff at the above phone number can do so.

the gal i talked to said they don't understand what happened to have my status changed.
i explained i changed the birthdate and gender and clicked update.
the problem began then.

she tried to work on it and edit my profile but it wouldn't take it.
therefore she sent an email within their department for further help.
i was told that department would contact me by email.

i told her i sent an email last night and have not heard back yet from them.
she was under the impression there are staff available on the weekends to handle the emails they receive.

call the above number to get assistance if your status was lowered from platinum to member.

please post here if you have any suggestions for us in this issue.

tia

hey, if you go in and change your birthdate, betcha you will become a member

so stay as old as you want on your profile....

I just called and she said they have received alot of calls about this and that it must be a glitch. she is sending an email to customer service for me and I should receive an email response in a few days. If it's just a glitch than I should see it corrected on the web site when I log in in the next few days.

Imagine the perks you could get if you celebrate your 109th at the HRH - never too old to rock it out!

I corrected my profile and my Platinum status went *poof* and I became just a member. I called and she said that she couldn't correct it but that she would send an email to CS and that I should get an email back. I asked her if they had a bunch of complaints since the benefits have changed, and she said no. She has only heard complaints today because of everyone's status changing after they adjust something on their profile. But she thought everyone was liking the new benefits. Uhhhh...no? Maybe she's required to say that!

i called and it was a long phone call of 25 minutes.

i suggest you call if the same thing happened to you.
1-877-563-9714

that is the number for loews youfirst department that you need to go through.

they saw that i was a platinum member under Loews First but a member with Loews YouFirst. my loews number is the same for both accounts.
also, no ressie listed for me for my fall trip on either programs.

they can't change or fix my loews problem.
they had to send an email to customer resource manager for assistance.
i asked if others can send a direct email to that department and was told no.
only the staff at the above phone number can do so.

the gal i talked to said they don't understand what happened to have my status changed.
i explained i changed the birthdate and gender and clicked update.
the problem began then.

she tried to work on it and edit my profile but it wouldn't take it.
therefore she sent an email within their department for further help.
i was told that department would contact me by email.

i told her i sent an email last night and have not heard back yet from them.
she was under the impression there are staff available on the weekends to handle the emails they receive.

call the above number to get assistance if your status was lowered from platinum to member.

please post here if you have any suggestions for us in this issue.

tia

I also had a problem with status (my emails never included the mention of platinum status that most others received) and sent off an email and then when the site finally was "working" had platinum reset to member when I updated. Here is a copy of the second email that I sent off:
Hello, Although I understand that things may be overwhelming at this time, I am very concerned about the lack of response to my email of July 16th. Also, when the You First site finally allowed me to view my preferences, it did show my status as platinum, after I updated my preferences, it reset my status to member. Obviously, Loews was not prepared to roll out the new site and I find this particularly disappointing.

I do not understand why with such lead time that your IT department could not have done a better job in preparing the site. Also, I find it particularly upsetting that Loews attempted to instill a false sense of hope about the changes when advertising that the changes were "more of what you want" when even the least amount of market study would have indicated that most Loews First members would not welcome the change from nights to stays to maintain status.

Obviously, Loews no longer values the stays of the leisure member and I have to question whether continued membership within the You First program is a worthwhile choice. I hope that my status will be returned however given the many errors that is being made in the roll out of this new program I am not particularly confident.

Given all the issues their IT department is having, I am glad that I do not have any credit card info. associated with my profile as right now that information is possibly at risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter