Newbie from NC

RNlovesWDW

If it doesn't have hot sauce on it, I don't want i
Hello everyone,

I have lurked around the DIS for over a year now. Since I am taking two trips to the "World" this year, I decided it was time to join all the fun. I am planning a Sept trip with my BFF, who loves to eat as much as I do. We are, of course, hoping for Free Dining like everyone else. My second trip will be the week after Thanksgiving with DH, DD, and DMIL. DH and I will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary. This will be the first trip for DD (4) and DMIL. Can't wait to be back in my favorite vacation spot of all time. Look forward to chatting with you all!!

Welcome to the site! I have lurked for 2+ years and now that we have annual passes, I find myself logging on each morning! I'm also from NC and we are spending our 10th anniversary at the World this March! Fun stuff!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome.

One question for my fellow tarheels...Do you usually drive or fly down to WDW?

Welcome, fellow N Carolinian! I live just south of Lumberton, NC. We drive from NC to Disney. We looked at plane tickets, but the least expensive tickets are not out of RDU, but out of Charlotte, which is a 3 hour drive anyway. We figures if we had to drive 3 hours, we might as well drive the whole way ;)

When we went in 2002 we flew out of Wilmington (where we used to live) and then rented a car. This year we are driving. It'll be a little cheaper and we'll have room for strollers, a cooler, and all of the junk I always think I need! :lmao:

Thanks everyone.

I have only flown to WDW once. I can't believe how expensive the flights have gotten. The trip I am taking with my friend, we will fly, but the family trip is definately going to be a drive down.

Hey there and Welcome!! It's nice to have a fellow NC RN on board!!:worship:

Looks like you are gonna have a busy Disney year.
I've only flown from NC once. All the other times (10) I have driven. The drive is long, but it gives you more time to build up all of the excitement. Plus, if you fly you miss all of the wonderful South of the Border signs. :banana:

My BFF and I are going in Sept., too. Maybe we can meet up.

Welcome Home!!!:hug:

Hi there - welcome to the DIS. NC is well represented on these boards. You'll find a wealth of information here and you'll "meet" some really nice people. This site is better than Disney's official site. IMHO. :thumbsup2

PamNC

:welcome:

I'm from the RTP area as well! We always drive our own vehicle down. It's about 9-10 hours depending on stops/traffic. It goes by so fast though. Savannah is the half-way point. Great city to stop for a lunch break or to spend the night (River St.).

Welcome! I am in NC too! Triad Area and we are planning on Driving. Flights from Greensboro were rather pricey so driving just seems like the way to go. We are thinking 9-10 hour Drive, bad but could be worse right? Well Welcome. You are gonna love this place.

-Becca-

Welcome...this site really is addicting. Good thing real estate is a bit slow here in Maine. Have fun planning your vacations, and congratulations on your anniversary! This year we're married 31 yrs.:flower3:

Becca...Did you check the low cost carriers out of PTI? We've thought about flying using the newest airline that flies out of there (sorry can't remember the name). I have heard you need to watch out for hidden fees with these flights.

Becca...Did you check the low cost carriers out of PTI? We've thought about flying using the newest airline that flies out of there (sorry can't remember the name). I have heard you need to watch out for hidden fees with these flights.

I did its called Sky bus the closest it would get would be Jacksonville which means Renting a Car which costs almost as much as it would to Drive so DH said no. He did however say yes to DxDDP so I really can't complain too much.

-Becca-

I am so excited to meet so many fellow tarheels that love WDW as much as I do. I am so addicted to this site. I spend my lunch hour at work just strolling through all the posts. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter