NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Is this because of my comment?

No, I think some of us are just preemptively cringing knowing the onslaught of threads decrying that DCL prices went up (imagine that!). It gets old after about...a minute.

I’m quite aware of the criers from the many Disney fb groups I’m in. If I had a dime for every time Walt supposedly rolled in his grave id be richer that bob iger. Also Walt would have tunneled into the center of the earth.

:rotfl: Exactly!

I CAN, but the reason I haven't is they start so innocently - one person wants to vent their very specific scenario and I don't want to be too heavy handed with stifling their very real need to vent/talk it out. Quickly though they do just turn into bashing threads. I'd hate to over moderate though... if I merge them all into one then the other people after them are less likely to be responded to. Tossing everyone into a bucket called "priced out" seems pretty insensitive. :guilty:

I see new threads on here regularly that are JUST about how DCL is expensive. I don't think it's insensitive, I think it is keeping the thread specific to the topic at hand. IMHO:thumbsup2

Well and you know, Ive been spending more time over in the ABD forum because we are going on one in May and they have a thread titled ""Is ABD worth the $$$?" Discussion thread". Maybe we should make one like that for cruises and make it more about what justifies or doesn't justify the price..?

I CAN, but the reason I haven't is they start so innocently - one person wants to vent their very specific scenario and I don't want to be too heavy handed with stifling their very real need to vent/talk it out. Quickly though they do just turn into bashing threads. I'd hate to over moderate though... if I merge them all into one then the other people after them are less likely to be responded to. Tossing everyone into a bucket called "priced out" seems pretty insensitive. :guilty:

Nooooo not at all! You will see what they mean when booking starts next week. You're fine! :)

Maybe you should just preemptively start a thread. Priced out of DCL?? Commiserate here! :rolleyes1

Well and you know, Ive been spending more time over in the ABD forum because we are going on one in May and they have a thread titled ""Is ABD worth the $$$?" Discussion thread". Maybe we should make one like that for cruises and make it more about what justifies or doesn't justify the price..?

That's a great idea, but then you and the other mods have to bear the responsibility of merging other threads, because, again, tons of people are going to think they have some super-special situation that merits its own thread.......

That's a great idea, but then you and the other mods have to bear the responsibility of merging other threads, because, again, tons of people are going to think they have some super-special situation that merits its own thread.......

Thats no big deal.... we aren't talking hundreds of them. I just don't want to come off as a jerk. I'll check with @CamColt before we do anything of course.

Maybe we should make one like that for cruises and make it more about what justifies or doesn't justify the price..?

Plus, justifications for price are ALWAYS subjective. Something that is worth the price to me, is not worth the price to someone else. That's the problem with those type of threads, there is no middle ground. Those who think Disney isn't worth the price, will never agree with those of us who think you get what you pay for with Disney and vice versa. It really is a thread of comiseration (is that a word?) LOL :chat:

Yes, talk about expensive! I looked at their prices thinking that might be a fun birthday trip. Um, WAY out of my price range. Unless I wanted to go nowhere between now and my 50th birthday (3.5 years away) - and even then I'd be looking at one of the less expensive options!! (Plus most of the ones I want to do don't have dates when I actually could go.)

I see a 2019 summer itinerary I'm interested in that only has one sail date.
Anyone know if those sailings are A) more expensive? and B) harder to book?
We are Silver level.

We are Silver level.

If it's a rare one, it may well get a lot of bites from Platinum and Gold cruisers - whether they end up going or not is questionable. But if they book cabins, they will sell out quicker and the rates will jump quicker.

The EBTA itinerary disappoints me, if only for the fact that it confirms my one single gripe with this year's cruise departing 05/13 (which I am booked on) - we have six days at sea straight up, and I always thought that was a HUGE amount of time to get from Miami to Ponta Delgada. Would have loved to have stopped at Castaway Cay for the day. For 2019 they've added Cartagena and shaved off one of the at sea days prior to Ponta Delgada, so they can obviously get there in only five days. And there's no ships due into CC that day (05/14). Oh well...

We are Silver level.

Not necessarily harder to book (ie. it should still have availability when booking opens to the general public), but depending on how many Plat/Gold get in first it will definitely push the price up. Disney tends to charge a bit of a premium for one-off itineraries. My advice would be to make sure you call them up on the day that Silver booking opens.

Yes, talk about expensive! I looked at their prices thinking that might be a fun birthday trip. Um, WAY out of my price range. Unless I wanted to go nowhere between now and my 50th birthday (3.5 years away) - and even then I'd be looking at one of the less expensive options!! (Plus most of the ones I want to do don't have dates when I actually could go.)

Its easier to justify paying for a cruise I think - simply because there is no way to independently do it. But land travel . . . there are so many ways to travel hack bringing the cost down substantially. I have a hard time justifying any tour where you're paying someone to do the leg work I kinda enjoy doing myself. There is a part of me that has always been curious and have wanted to try ABD. Maybe if I win the lottery! Gonna check out the thread @AquaDame mentioned.

Is the 9 night Alaska always a few thousand more than the 7 night?
I don’t know if I should even bother asking my TA for a quote on that... I already have 4 Alaska dates I want quotes on.

Personally I’ve done one abd the backstage magic and I’m hooked.
I can do the abd Alaska for the same price as the cruise and I’d rather do Abd same with Europe
Its easier to justify paying for a cruise I think - simply because there is no way to independently do it. But land travel . . . there are so many ways to travel hack bringing the cost down substantially. I have a hard time justifying any tour where you're paying someone to do the leg work I kinda enjoy doing myself. There is a part of me that has always been curious and have wanted to try ABD. Maybe if I win the lottery! Gonna check out the thread @AquaDame mentioned.
ve done

Anyone care to venture a per person cost for the 11 night Iceland/Norway cruise? We would be looking at booking a veranda and an inside cabin. I checked the price thread from last year but didn’t really see a comparable price quote- unless I missed it. Thanks for any wild guesses!:)

I’m quite aware of the criers from the many Disney fb groups I’m in. If I had a dime for every time Walt supposedly rolled in his grave id be richer that bob iger. Also Walt would have tunneled into the center of the earth.

I’m lucky I have a dummy cruise booked within our budget for spring break.
I'm sorry but you're single with no kids. Don't you think your being a little insensitive to the families that can't afford it. There are many DCL European cruises that I bet you couldn't afford either. I think you need to walk back that statement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter