News Round Up 2016

I am surprised that Tokyo's prices are so low. Maybe it's because of their economy right now. I always thought that things in Japan were relatively expensive.

They sure are getting the raw end of the view deal compared to WDW. Luckily, DHS still doesn't look so terrible, just walls. Plus, you can't really see the demolition/construction much from anywhere inside or outside the park, except maybe TOT. Can you even see anything from TOT?

Japan's park prices have always been like that as far as I know. They are also as busy is not more busy than MK on most days.

People have posed that idea before about seeing things from ToT but I feel like I think to look that way when I'm about to be dropped.

This puts D23 the week before 2017 San Diego Comic Con. Will probably keep a lot of the ABC/Marvel/Pixar/Disney/Star Wars away from SDCC.

That's really interesting.

It is interesting indeed. In August they can attract more guests for the mid-late August ''low'' season, but who knows.

I am surprised that Tokyo's prices are so low. Maybe it's because of their economy right now. I always thought that things in Japan were relatively expensive.

Less disposable income, I suppose. It is surprising that Tokyo is so cheap, anyways, especially considering that their parks are so crowded that you have to wait two hours just to see Mickey Mouse.

Less disposable income, I suppose. It is surprising that Tokyo is so cheap, anyways, especially considering that their parks are so crowded that you have to wait two hours just to see Mickey Mouse.

Well the other thing to keep in mind is the Tokyo park isn't run by Disney...

Well the other thing to keep in mind is the Tokyo park isn't run by Disney...

For sure. But then again, if you can get away with raising prices while maintaining the quality of your product, go for it. I guess they can compensate having over-crowded parks and getting to experience fewer attractions by charging less... Who knows. It has worked for them so far.

1) I do hope Marriot wins out. I was hoping to do my first Swan/Dolphin visit on Marriot points.

2) I don't know if there is a non-signature seafood restaurant on property that I really appreciate. There are some that have one fish item on the menu that are quite good (The Whole Roasted Fish at Trattoria al Forno is exceptional), but not even Cape May which has it's fans is going to be my personal cup of tea. First, I'm from Boston originally, so I already have a very substantial baseline against which I judge. Second, Coral Reef had a "Signature" style menu probably before the designation existed.

Someone who is not as discerning as I am may indeed love Tony's as it's passable (not good, but passable). The same could be said at Coral Reef. It's pretty. The food isn't horrible. It's just not up to my expectations and it's a severe disappointment having known it's former incarnation.

Probably the worst thing that can happen to any restaurant is to become a shadow of it's former self. Even if people who never experienced it before are perfectly happy with what it's become.

There are too many dining choices on property for me to waste the credits, dollars, or calories at that particular one.

Hearing mixed things about Shanghai's opening day actually being sold out. Some are saying it allows you to still buy tickets for the 16th others say you can't.

Hearing mixed things about Shanghai's opening day actually being sold out. Some are saying it allows you to still buy tickets for the 16th others say you can't.

I never went to check out, but it let me select/add tickets for the 16th about 10 minutes ago.

When they do this report they just do a straight currency conversion. Which is useful if you're in the US and thinking of making a trip. But it doesn't reflect the relative cost to people living in that country. That would depend on what sort of disposable income they have to play with.
Simply put, the U.S. - based properties are subsidizing the overseas properties in more ways than one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter