News Round Up 2016

Which is why I compared it to the Jungle book - which was almost entirely CGI/animated yet still got great reviews (and quite honestly was pretty damn good). It had a single human in it - but though they called it "Live Action" it really wasn't. I think unless proven otherwise that Favreau will use the same template.
I was hearing on the radio that it was actually being compared directly with Jungle Book in that live-action/CGI sense.

So just wondering here it is a cost-saving measure here? I'm not necessarily thinking budget cuts but are they looking at how many people typically go to Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon via bus and think it's not worth separating them out? Realistically I know there are only so many buses WDW would want to use.

I could see where using a bus to get to either Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach which requries taking a bus to a place then another to your final destination would be unfavorable which is a bummer for any family choosing not to have a rental car (and don't want to have to pay for a taxi or uber).

So just wondering here it is a cost-saving measure here? I'm not necessarily thinking budget cuts but are they looking at how many people typically go to Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon via bus and think it's not worth separating them out? Realistically I know there are only so many buses WDW would want to use.

I could see where using a bus to get to either Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach which requries taking a bus to a place then another to your final destination would be unfavorable which is a bummer for any family choosing not to have a rental car (and don't want to have to pay for a taxi or uber).
The way they do busing to water parks is strange. Why can't they have one bus that let's say picks up every hour or whatever and does drop offs at each water park instead of having it combined with other places.

The way they do busing to water parks is strange. Why can't they have one bus that let's say picks up every hour or whatever and does drop offs at each water park instead of having it combined with other places.

I get there are probably less people each day going to a water park than a theme park but why can't they do it like you propose and have less frequent busses or do like ME and have one bus go to multiple resorts per trip to/from the water park. Even if it takes a bit of time at least you are on a bus in your bathing suit with all the other people going to a water park as well

I don't like being down on too many changes - but this really, really blows. (They already did away with the BB direct bus.) As @saskdw said - who wants to be waiting at a bus stop for 20 minutes in their bathing suits. This is after waiting at the TL or BB bus stops as well. That and all the money it costs to go to a water park for a day? I do not like this at all.

Agreed. When we were on a bus leaving TL a few weeks ago...since there is only one bus - to Disney Springs - it was (not surprisingly) crowded. We were the last to squeeze on, so we were standing up front by the driver and I was talking to him (I know, I know) and complained about the new water park service. FWIW (again...I know), he said his understanding was that it was a collective cost-cutting decision specifically by the resorts since the cost for the buses comes out of their budgets (and not the parks, I guess - some of you may know this for certain if that's true). It's real hard to come up with any other reason behind these changes besides cost-cutting because it's an incredible inconvenience. The only way it goes back I guess is if water park attendance crashes as a result.

In AK right now and they are installing the rope que lines for ROL theater "just to make sure it's ready" for the show, but they have "no idea" when it will be running.
There is definitely an idea but it's still too early to announce. They are going to wait until the last minute to announce a date.

We for sure will be taking Uber to TL when we go. I'm not doing bus transfers ain't nobody got time for that.

There is definitely an idea but it's still too early to announce. They are going to wait until the last minute to announce a date.

For sure! I just got a kick out of the fact that they were rehearsing setting up the line! I'm highly suspicious that they are doing something very soon. Lots of managers and people dressed in all black walking around the ROL area. Can't say for sure if that is an everyday occurrence but it seems odd to me.

o_O:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sorry it's just the first time I've heard someone say that.
It never interested me as a kid. Some of the songs are alright, and I saw the Broadway show about a decade ago and enjoyed that, but I've just never been much of a fan of the animated movie.

Sorry for the barrage of posts. They are testing the water for the screens, the lotus floats are currently out AND an EE CM just said to his coworker "I'm working rivers tonight. I get to see the show though." So I think the show is very close.

ETA: Take this with a hefty helping of salt, but my DH says 3 CMs told him they've been told ROL hard deadline is Saturday.

Last edited:
Sorry for the barrage of posts. They are testing the water for the screens, the lotus floats are currently out AND an EE CM just said to his coworker "I'm working rivers tonight. I get to see the show though." So I think the show is very close.

ETA: Take this with a hefty helping of salt, but my DH says 3 CMs told him they've been told ROL hard deadline is Saturday.
I believe it.

I have friends doing overnights this week that support this theory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter