News Round Up 2017

That's just the drink menu right? Or was there more?

side note, wish it was more than just 6 taps, but it's start:

And how about craft beers?
We’ll have six on draft, and we’re really focusing on local, as our guests are looking for that local experience. But we’ve got a small brewery out of Utah, one from North Carolina … we’re searching for cool beers that enhance our menu – everything from a light beer to a heavy porter.

That's just the drink menu right? Or was there more?

side note, wish it was more than just 6 taps, but it's start:

And how about craft beers?
We’ll have six on draft, and we’re really focusing on local, as our guests are looking for that local experience. But we’ve got a small brewery out of Utah, one from North Carolina … we’re searching for cool beers that enhance our menu – everything from a light beer to a heavy porter.
Yes just the drink menu but they had two images of what are probably appetizers.

With "Hall of Presidents" closing on the 17th for the changeover, I would advise anyone trying for a last chance at seeing Obama to be flexible and pack a LOT of patience. I had to wait for three cycles to get in to HoP today.

With "Hall of Presidents" closing on the 17th for the changeover, I would advise anyone trying for a last chance at seeing Obama to be flexible and pack a LOT of patience. I had to wait for three cycles to get in to HoP today.
Wow. That makes me wish I would've went in one last time before I left.

The only day I am able to go this weekend will be Monday. It will be an adventure to get in

News

Disney Springs apparently had an issue with some bubbles in the fountain...

http://www.chipandco.com/vandals-turn-disney-springs-fountain-bubble-bath-257239/

There's a fountain in the area that I drive by on the way to/from work, and this happened last year. I'm sure it's not so great for the fountain mechanics, but driving by a big pile of bubbles definitely brightens the day

Los Angeles will be home to George Lucas' $1-billion museum

Originally this was planned for Chicago but there were numerous protests from neighbors and businesses on Lake Shore Drive.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-la-wins-lucas-museum-20170110-htmlstory.html

It was actually The Friends of the Parks a self appointed activist group that did it in. The group isn't comprised of neighbors necessarily. They are at it again with golf course improvements close to where the Obama library is to be built.

DISNEY ANNUAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS: The Walt Disney Company’s Annual Meeting will be held Wednesday, March 8, 2017, in Denver, Colorado.

NEWS

Rogue One droid K-2SO design inspired by Star Tours ride mechanics (article says at Disneyland, but I presume the mechanics at DHS is similar).

From the article:
"One of the fun facts revealed in this video, alongside the alternate behind-the-scenes footage, is that K2's joints were inspired by the Star Tours ride at Disneyland, which give the attraction its feeling of weightlessness. There is nothing significant about this in terms of bringing the droid to life, though, beyond the fact that it pays an homage to Disney's Imagineers in an Easter egg you wouldn't probably ever discover without being told."

http://movieweb.com/rogue-one-video-cassian-k2so-alternate-death-footage/

Just a little Disney Parks Easter egg in Rogue One that I thought Star Wars fans might find interesting.
Warning: there are obviously Rogue One spoilers in the article!

Los Angeles will be home to George Lucas' $1-billion museum

Originally this was planned for Chicago but there were numerous protests from neighbors and businesses on Lake Shore Drive.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-la-wins-lucas-museum-20170110-htmlstory.html

I'm in Chicago and so irritated we didn't get this. I believe it was a very vocal minority who were against it, and Lucas decided it wasn't worth the trouble of fighting lawsuits, etc. It would have been such a cool attraction for the city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter