News Round Up 2017

I think you're going to see prices rise about a $1.00 across the board, food and drinks and yes, I think we're going to see some more lower cost options introduced.

I also think we're going to see the inclusion of surcharges.

"Yes, you can order that wine with the DDP, but it's $1.50 more."

I'd actually like if they introduced more surcharges to things. I know they have it at Yachtsman for the Wagu beef but I don't know of much else. I think if they did that you could see more variety and some better options at restaurants if they knew they could add a surcharge for a couple of items

I'd actually like if they introduced more surcharges to things. I know they have it at Yachtsman for the Wagu beef but I don't know of much else. I think if they did that you could see more variety and some better options at restaurants if they knew they could add a surcharge for a couple of items

Yachtsman actually has a lot of surcharges on their menu. It surprised me, to be honest.

I feel somewhat hypocritical for criticizing this because I am very much a "do Disney your way" kind of person, but WHY, WHY would someone want to do a sit down dinner DURING the party hours and WHY do you want to do a dessert party DURING the party when basically the whole thing is a dessert party.
I'm with you but some people want that late night dinner with the party I guess.

Wow...so many different opinions on everything. Please folks, can we all just chill out a bit, and let folks who prefer one way over another to enjoy THEIR Disney time? Not everyone has the same criteria for selecting one thing over another - for example, for me, "value" is not my first criteria - for others, it may be that the only way they can do something.

If you want to voice your opinion by all means go ahead, but can we all agree to be respectful of those who may have alternate views?

Just sayin'...

Wow...so many different opinions on everything. Please folks, can we all just chill out a bit, and let folks who prefer one way over another to enjoy THEIR Disney time? Not everyone has the same criteria for selecting one thing over another - for example, for me, "value" is not my first criteria - for others, it may be that the only way they can do something.

If you want to voice your opinion by all means go ahead, but can we all agree to be respectful of those who may have alternate views?

Just sayin'...
I haven't seen anyone here be rude to anyone over varying opinions.

Just went to book BoG for the 7th September Halloween party and doesn't show anything after 6pm
You might take a look at this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/word-of-warning-to-mvmcp-bog-adrs-during-party-hours.3612808/

While the topic is more about the disclaimer for it being a hard-ticket event and the original post is about MVMCP it does touch on your issue.

From one of the first few posts:

Poster 1):

upload_2017-6-21_11-33-50.png

Poster 2):

upload_2017-6-21_11-34-29.png

So maybe try to book your reservation via the Special Events webpage?? Maybe that will work.

You might take a look at this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/word-of-warning-to-mvmcp-bog-adrs-during-party-hours.3612808/

While the topic is more about the disclaimer for it being a hard-ticket event and the original post is about MVMCP it does touch on your issue.

From one of the first few posts:

Poster 1):

View attachment 246257

Poster 2):

View attachment 246258

So maybe try to book your reservation via the Special Events webpage?? Maybe that will work.

Thanks for replying. Worked no problem on the special site and got 6:30pm so I'm very happy as I've never been able to get a dinner reseveration before

On the off chance one of the people discussing this doesn't already know, it's not a dolphin (porpoise, Flipper) on top, it's a dolphin fish which is something completely different.

http://www.freshislandfish.com/products/Mahimahi-Dolphin-Fish

It's still dumb to call it a dolphin and then put a fish on the top of it when most people associate a dolphin with this:

th

ESPECIALLY in Florida where those are wild

It's still dumb to call it a dolphin and then put a fish on the top of it when most people associate a dolphin with this:

th

ESPECIALLY in Florida where those are wild

Agreed. The architect/designer lived about 10 minutes from me but he passed away in 2015. I always wanted to ask him this question as to "why" but never got a chance. The best explanation I have been able to find is this:

Graves chose a swan and a dolphin on purpose, creating two characters not yet used by Disney. The dolphin was inspired by the work of Italian sculptor Gian Lorenzo Bernini. An example of these dolphins can be seen at the King Neptune fountain at the Italian pavilion in Epcot. The major difference, however, is the dolphins in Bernini's work all have their mouths curving down as if they are frowning. Michael Eisner, CEO of the Walt Disney Company, insisted the dolphins were not to be displayed this way on Walt Disney property, and so Graves' dolphins have their mouths curving upward to give the impression that they are smiling.
His basic concept for the Dolphin was that it was an island formed by a sudden cataclysmic event—an upheaval by an underwater volcano or earthquake. When the island emerged from under the sea, it lifted dolphins out of the water, and these are the dolphins on the roof. The banana leaves on the side of the building are the tropical plants growing on the island. The mysterious “black box” was never intended for monorail usage; it was the heart of the island, which burst open from the sheer force of the events. Water went spilling down the outside of the building into that “dolphin fillet” [two-dimensional dolphin] pool, and then splashed over to the Swan. The railings and the curving landscape connecting the two hotels indicate waves moving from the Dolphin and splashing up along the side of the Swan. These are the waves that you see on the side of the Swan. Two swans were so entranced by this natural phenomenon that they alighted to watch it up close—and were turned to stone.

Edit: Sorry Rteetz...just saw your comment. Will stop.

I noticed that. I want to say I was surprised, but I'm not. I guess overpaying for food doesn't sting quite as badly when you have a buzz going.

However, a DDP increase only means that the OOP prices increase in order to give the DDP a better "value" and that's a lose/lose for all.

Sorry, but just for clarification, OOP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter