News Round Up 2017

Good point, I wonder if we will see the increased number of hours continued at Animal Kingdom because of the rumors that Pandora is not drawing the crowds that they were hoping... yesterday afternoon I saw that Flight of Passage only had a 75 minute wait.

That's surprising. I didn't think we'd see an afternoon with a wait time below 100 until next year, frankly.

Has there been any discussion or chatter about the performance of Pandora, attendance wise?

For calibration purposes, you place a night at YC at $343/night and WL at $311 as good?

$311.00 which is 303.00 all in after tax with orbitz 15% off discount a week before leaving for the Wilderness Lodge at the end of June is "good" for on site given how prices have been on property..

$330.00 for the Yacht Club as well with the discount.

Do you disagree that these are good rates for on site deluxe hotels? They don't seem too bad to me compared to last year. If you've found much better rates other than through a certain travel agency then please let me know because I haven't and I check regularly.

EDIT : I still think they are quite expensive, was just trying to compare to other recent summer seasons.

Last edited:
$311.00 which is 303.00 all in after tax with orbitz 15% off discount a week before leaving for the Wilderness Lodge at the end of June is good for on site given how prices have been on property..

Do you disagree that these are good rates for on site deluxe hotels? They don't seem too bad to me compared to last year. If you've found much better rates other than through a certain travel agency then please let me know because I haven't and I check regularly.

Not the other person, but I'll agree. The way they've been priced lately, around 300 is nice for the lodge during peak/summer season. I think now that construction there is coming to an end, so is the 25% general and 30-35% pin and AP discounts as well. Fewer rooms and new/fully open amenities makes it easier to book up. Now, the room alone isn't worth that, they could use an update, but just about anyone can appreciate the value there for the Lodge as a whole. Just my 2c.

$311.00 which is 303.00 all in after tax with orbitz 15% off discount a week before leaving for the Wilderness Lodge at the end of June is "good" for on site given how prices have been on property..

EDIT : I still think they are quite expensive, was just trying to compare to other recent summer seasons.

I think anything out of the 200's for those resorts is not a good deal.

Perhaps if the current June crowd reports are true, next year should see better rates?

That's surprising. I didn't think we'd see an afternoon with a wait time below 100 until next year, frankly.

Has there been any discussion or chatter about the performance of Pandora, attendance wise?

I'm telling ya, it's boring. Once you've done the 2 rides, there is absolutely no reason to stay on that side of the park

I think anything out of the 200's for those resorts is not a good deal.

Perhaps if the current June crowd reports are true, next year should see better rates?

I agree. I just checked Orbit and it was $278/night for SSR for July 1.

Agreed, from what I can tell, June crowds certainly lower in general. Today really picked up quite a bit for some reason.

Would suspect it will change.

Agreed, from what I can tell, June crowds certainly lower in general. Today really picked up quite a bit for some reason.

I was looking at wait times and was surprised to see Space Mountain at over 150 minutes! That's crazy

I don't know if I'd base any conclusions on the hours of a park that is dead last in attendance, or the one that was closed at 5PM everyday......

I'd look at the leader, which it is by about double, I believe, attendance wise.

Yep, kinda why I put "agreed" in general. I think it gave mgmt some wiggle room though.

News

New Happily Ever After merchandise is now on sale - including the show poster that's displayed as you enter the park

heamerch1.jpg

Some schools out west finally finished last week or early this week. I'm sure thats not all but not all schools got out in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter