• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

just saw that and perhaps I have just been totally distorted by Disney pricing but that seems really not that bad. $2,775 for a family of 4 at Coronado for 5 nights, 4 day park hoppers with all the extras including special EMH to Pandora? That's not really that bad considering that is peak time to go with schools being out

Yeah, this is a suspiciously good deal. 4 day park hoppers and a Christmas party is right at 2 grand for 4 people. That puts the 5 night stay at Coronado at only $140 a night. I guess the kicker is that it only works for these specific dates and anyone wanting to arrive/depart a few days earlier or later couldn't do it. We are planning a Christmas trip next year, but we'll be leaving the 22nd or the 23rd. If they dates are flexible I think we'd definitely do this. Especially if those EMHs are really only for guests who have this package. Pandora would be empty!

Is it possible this doesn't include admission?

Last edited:

I really want a lot of this merchandise (that features my home state :D ). I also thought the American Adventure shirt looks really cool. Any idea if these will be available in the shop app?

"Assorted items related to 20 states are available now at Heritage Manor Gifts, but all of the items from all 50 states will be available through the Shop Disney Parks mobile app starting in November 2017."

Yeah, this is a suspiciously good deal. 4 day park hoppers and a Christmas party is right at 2 grand for 4 people. That puts the 5 night stay at Coronado at only $140 a night. I guess the kicker is that it only works for these specific dates and anyone wanting to arrive/depart a few days earlier or later couldn't do it. We are planning a Christmas trip next year, but we'll be leaving the 22nd or the 23rd. If they dates are flexible I think we'd definitely do this. Especially if those EMHs are really only for guests who have this package. Pandora would be empty!

Is it possible this doesn't include admission?

It claims to include 4 days admission on a hopper. And I agree it does seem like a remarkably good deal. (Kind of stunning we have to say that about a $2700 4 night package for a family of 4. ) My guess is possibly they are having a hard time filling rooms leading up to the holiday on Monday? The fact that it's a package specific to that weekend really makes it feel like they are concerned about filling rooms at that time - but not just AFTER Christmas.

It claims to include 4 days admission on a hopper. And I agree it does seem like a remarkably good deal. (Kind of stunning we have to say that about a $2700 4 night package for a family of 4. ) My guess is possibly they are having a hard time filling rooms leading up to the holiday on Monday? The fact that it's a package specific to that weekend really makes it feel like they are concerned about filling rooms at that time - but not just AFTER Christmas.
Maybe school schedules are contributing to it? I know our schools are going through Dec 22 (Friday) before Christmas break.

Honestly it's not bad for a last minute deal. I priced out a RCCL cruise sailing on the 18th and it's a little more total, but of course that includes most of your food. Depending on excursions and drink package it would probably be pretty similar. It'll be busy but it's a good looking package, would be very tempting if I was looking to go in December and hadn't been in a while.

It's so interesting that not too long ago Disney went to this "One Disney" concept where they really limited the unique items that you could buy, and everything was very generic. This was clearly a total disaster for them, because in the years since they've started releasing individual resort merch again, and individual ride merch, and now individual STATE merch. They definitely learned a lesson it seems, wondering when they will get on the "matching shirts for the family" bandwagon where you could order a personalized set of shirts for your whole family. (Or maybe they already do this and I just don't care enough to know.)

I wouldn't think they would be intentionally deceiving because that would just cause lots of angry guests and hours on the phone for customer service. But the fact that it specifically states that theme park admission is required for the offers included in the package that are in the park made me curious. And the wording is it includes 5 nights in a resort with the park hopper OPTION. I think that's just what they call any ticket with a park hopper, but again the word option threw me off. I agree it's probably just a hard time filling those rooms for some reason. I just thought that week was supposed to be much busier than the 2 weeks leading up to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter