News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
New menu items at Restaurantosaurus
Restaurantosaurus is our favorite Restaurant at AK. And, we go against the flow and we LOVE Dinoland. We love the cheesiness of the place and we rank Primeval Whirl among the best in the park. Take some time and look at the detail: It looks like a carnival in a parking lot. There's even lines in the "asphalt" to look like parking spots.

Yea I pretty much looked through all those pics before I even noticed anything.

Not sure "dominates" is accurate, at least not yet anyway.

I'm not sure any of these will be as big as Soarin anyway-much less S&D.
Guardians is definitely more noticeable than soarin. As long as they theme the show building then it should be fine

https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disneysea-expansion-announced-2022/

Not sure if I missed this posted...
New expansion for Tokyo Disney sea.

A new port featuring Frozen, Tangled and Peter pan with four new rides.
Well shoot. We were planning for a trip to TDR in 2021 to catch the new Tokyo Disneyland expansion but it looks like we should wait one more year and see the new DisneySea areas, too.

ETA: And honestly it's probably smarter to wait until 2023 in case of delays.

https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disneysea-expansion-announced-2022/

Not sure if I missed this posted...
New expansion for Tokyo Disney sea.

A new port featuring Frozen, Tangled and Peter pan with four new rides.

Normally I don't get excited for announcements at foreign parks, but we just recently decided we needed to save for a trip to Tokyo Disneyland in the next 5 years after watching the Tim Tracker videos of their trip over there recently. I wonder if all 4 rides will be themed to those 3 IPs. Also, they already have the Peter Pan ride in TDL, so it seems weird to have a Peter Pan themed land in the other park.

Normally I don't get excited for announcements at foreign parks, but we just recently decided we needed to save for a trip to Tokyo Disneyland in the next 5 years after watching the Tim Tracker videos of their trip over there recently. I wonder if all 4 rides will be themed to those 3 IPs. Also, they already have the Peter Pan ride in TDL, so it seems weird to have a Peter Pan themed land in the other park.

I've been trying to plan a trip over there (with a two day layover in Hong Kong) for a few years now but other expensive like moving keep getting in the way.

The article says there will a Frozen boat ride, so that may be an Epcot copy.

A Tangled gondola ride in the forest.

And two Peter pans, one pixie hollow and one that doesn't sound like the existing Peter pan ride.

I've been trying to plan a trip over there (with a two day layover in Hong Kong) for a few years now but other expensive like moving keep getting in the way.

And two Peter pans, one pixie hollow and one that doesn't sound like the existing Peter pan ride.

If you can fit in a stop in Hong Kong I totally recommend visiting Hong Kong Disneyland (though, it is the only international park I have been to) - I really loved the park, though hard to justify a trip over there just to go to it, but as part of a larger trip I think it makes a ton of sense

It's states the rides are made just for this area so won't be direct ports but some of the descriptions do sound similar ... so I think something like FAE but not a direct copy and the non-Tinker Bell Peter Pan ride sounds like it will be an updated version of the classic Peter Pan ride with new technology (mentions you will start in the water and then via pixie dust your ride vehicle will rise out and "fly". Probably not the best comparison but sort of see it like how Pooh's Honey Hut is a technological upgrade over the Pooh ride we have, though similar concept /storyline

Just saw this - the Peter Pan area sounds really cool

So is this being done instead of that rumor of the 3rd gate?

Yes, or so the article written believes. Think this is taking the parking lot space the third gate would have occupied. Don't forget the new hotel that will be in the theme park too.

If you can fit in a stop in Hong Kong I totally recommend visiting Hong Kong Disneyland (though, it is the only international park I have been to) - I really loved the park, though hard to justify a trip over there just to go to it, but as part of a larger trip I think it makes a ton of sense

I read your trip report back when we were sure we were going. We definitely will be stopping here and we had plans to do one day in the park and one day in the city.

I usually find the live action remakes entertaining and harmless - I really think Disney just uses them as high-budget advertisements for the animated films, since those are the ones that have stuck around. You don't see Lily James' Cinderella or Emma Watson's Belle around anymore, but the animated characters are still everywhere. This trailer, however, I saw and just thought "Okay, that's enough, no more please," which is odd because I don't have any big connection to the original Dumbo. Everyone's been talking about Star Wars Fatigue or Marvel Fatigue, and I think that concept can very much be applied to these remakes too.

You don't see the live action Belle and Cinderella stuff as much because they have to pay the actors rights to use their likeness. Part of the contracts probably mention using their likeness for a limited time and after that Disney might have to pay the actor more money. This is why you saw the animated version of Enchanted's Giselle on most stuff and very little of the Amy Adams version. Animated characters are property of Disney so they can do pretty much whatever they want as long as legal and all signs off on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter