News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were at the MK on Saturday, the Dumbo ride was testing a new loading process on the Dumbo that flies counter clockwise. Rather than entering the 'next to load' queue and then choosing a Dumbo once loading the ride, guests were assigned a number (similar to Aladdin's Flying Carpets Ride) and then rode the Dumbo with the corresponding number.

We stood on this number in the 'box'

upload_2018-12-20_14-10-34.png

And then boarded the Dumbo with the corresponding number.

upload_2018-12-20_14-10-58.png

Wonder if it will be what they showed during Destination D last month.

That didn't feel like more than anything we had already seen, except for more details on the names. I might have to skip over that. I don't care what it looks like, what the attractions are, what stores there are, or the food. I am willing to go without any information, except an opening date. I feel that way about a lot of the Disney/Marvel/Star Wars movies too. I don't need previews; I'm going no matter what.

I went to my first party in 4 years last week. It was on a weeknight and IMO these are now a waste of time unless you go all the time and want to experience something different.

It's obviously a popular event as they continue to sell out and it's hard to fault Disney for capitalizing on it, but I just can't imagine many people come away from it feeling like they good their moneys worth. It's more crowded than an average day at the MK, and the lines for the treats just make the whole the chaotic. Moving around quickly from ride to ride is impossible, especially with the 2 parades. It seems like you are basically paying $100+ for a parade and fireworks. A few short years ago the cost was significantly less than a single day ticket and you could hit up pretty much every ride that was open during the party while still checking out the fireworks and parade from a less vantage point.

I'm not a fan of the hard ticket events in general, but it's even worse when they sell so many tickets that it makes the event not feel special at all.

I went to my first party in 4 years last week. It was on a weeknight and IMO these are now a waste of time unless you go all the time and want to experience something different.

It's obviously a popular event as they continue to sell out and it's hard to fault Disney for capitalizing on it, but I just can't imagine many people come away from it feeling like they good their moneys worth. It's more crowded than an average day at the MK, and the lines for the treats just make the whole the chaotic. Moving around quickly from ride to ride is impossible, especially with the 2 parades. It seems like you are basically paying $100+ for a parade and fireworks. A few short years ago the cost was significantly less than a single day ticket and you could hit up pretty much every ride that was open during the party while still checking out the fireworks and parade from a less vantage point.

I'm not a fan of the hard ticket events in general, but it's even worse when they sell so many tickets that it makes the event not feel special at all.

I did a couple Christmas parties and Halloween parties this year. I thought they were all worth the price I paid. I was able to do pretty much every ride in the park with little wait and see the parade, fireworks, special shows, and get snacks easily. However they were certainly more crowded this year. Granted I liked the after hours event way more since the big rides were walk on, even though it's shorter, it was a way better value.

When we were at the MK on Saturday, the Dumbo ride was testing a new loading process on the Dumbo that flies counter clockwise. Rather than entering the 'next to load' queue and then choosing a Dumbo once loading the ride, guests were assigned a number (similar to Aladdin's Flying Carpets Ride) and then rode the Dumbo with the corresponding number.

We stood on this number in the 'box'

View attachment 370896

And then boarded the Dumbo with the corresponding number.

View attachment 370897

This is the same way they currently operate Dumbo now in Disneyland after there refurb.

This +10.

Hmmm...is this going to be a permanent store, or is it just a pop up?

Wonder if they will ever be allowed to have any Disney shirts-kinda like that Lion (King) one. Or if Disney would make some in their stores is fine as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter