News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to know what issues you see reported? Just that people don't have an assigned time yet? I mean, it's not like they NEED to know now. Perhaps it's a slow roll-out of reserved times?

There are lots of people reporting they are getting assigned on their check in or check out day (which can be extremely problematic if you are arriving late or leaving early) or have been assigned a date that is the day BEFORE their actual check-in.

Curious to know what issues you see reported? Just that people don't have an assigned time yet? I mean, it's not like they NEED to know now. Perhaps it's a slow roll-out of reserved times?
No the wrong dates were given out. Numerous people got times before they actually check in. There is a thread about it on the Disneyland board.

No the wrong dates were given out. Numerous people got times before they actually check in. There is a thread about it on the Disneyland board.

Ah - that makes sense! I read the valid reservation comment as more of not getting one yet.

It will be interesting to see how that pans out! The arrival or departure date timing issue will be tough to parse out I'm sure.

Edit: I misread the articles, 8 am PT for details, 10 am PT is when the booking opens.

Just wanted to inform everyone that this article states specific details on how to make reservations will be available on May 2nd at 8am PT but the D23 article states May 2nd at 10 am PT. For those of you who don't have a Disneyland resort reservation, keep an eye out for which time is right. I don't want anyone missing out on a SWGE reservation because of this.

Just wanted to inform everyone that this article states specific details on how to make reservations will be available on May 2nd at 8am PT but the D23 article states May 2nd at 10 am PT. For those of you who don't have a Disneyland resort reservation, keep an eye out for which time is right. I don't want anyone missing out on a SWGE reservation because of this.
8am for details, 10am is when booking will open.

I believe the info is released at 8AM and then the reservations go live for booking at 10AM.

Im all for them doing a early nightime Parade, in the Summer months and then a late night parade at the end of EMH if they do keep it going, like it used to be and have a hour between first parade and fireworks. In saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Disney restricts night parades for Paid Parties and paid after hour events. Disneys way of using a parade as part of the perks of buying a hard ticketed event.
That's a good point . .that is definitely the "hidden" reason that I doubt they will ever have a nighttime parade again.

It makes the hard ticket night events "more special" for sure.

I would say we will see a spring "party" at MK (with new parade) before we'll see a free nighttime parade.

MK already closes early about 4 times a week from September through December .. why not have some "Spring Fling" party with a night parade for March, April and May? LOL.

Parades are probably REALLY REALLY expensive (think of all the paid actors/dancers and design/upkeep of the floats) .. as well as all the cast members you are paying to crowd control.

News

Song of the South and Crow scene from Dumbo will not be on Disney+

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/song-south-dumbos-jim-crow-scene-will-not-be-disney-1203624

The crow scene is really strange to not have. Thats like when Dumbo learns to fly....

Is this confirmed? They are just referencing that one Boardwalk Times article that indicated it but I haven't seen anyone else reporting on it

I think when you start editing movies like the crow scene in Dumbo it opens you up to having to change other scenes. Wasn't there a story not to long ago about some celebrities that don't let their kids watch Snow White or Sleeping Beauty because there are scenes of physical contact without direct consent? should we cut those scenes too?

I am not saying I don't think how the crows were depicted in Dumbo is wrong - under today's lens and we now know it was wrong at the time - but you can't just wipe away history. Why not have an introductory scene with Leonard Maltin explaining about the scene and why we know now the issues of what is depicted or something like that rather than pretending it didn't exist?

News

Song of the South and Crow scene from Dumbo will not be on Disney+

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/song-south-dumbos-jim-crow-scene-will-not-be-disney-1203624

The crow scene is really strange to not have. Thats like when Dumbo learns to fly....
Dumbo is my favorite Disney animated movie and Song of the South is one of my all-time favorite live-action / animated movies. I saw them when I was probably five or six years old for the first time.

Yes, looking back through the lens of today's acceptable behaviors, there are things on that would not be put in a movie today. It's sad from many perspectives.

I still love both movies as a whole however, and accept that those scenes are in them, and our not the way the should have been portrayed.

Is this confirmed? They are just referencing that one Boardwalk Times article that indicated it but I haven't seen anyone else reporting on it

I think when you start editing movies like the crow scene in Dumbo it opens you up to having to change other scenes. Wasn't there a story not to long ago about some celebrities that don't let their kids watch Snow White or Sleeping Beauty because there are scenes of physical contact without direct consent? should we cut those scenes too?

I am not saying I don't think how the crows were depicted in Dumbo is wrong - under today's lens and we now know it was wrong at the time - but you can't just wipe away history. Why not have an introductory scene with Leonard Maltin explaining about the scene and why we know now the issues of what is depicted or something like that rather than pretending it didn't exist?
I figure if the Reporter is saying it they have more than boardwalk times backing it up. I could be wrong tho.

I completely agree otherwise. Have a Leonard Maltin or a celeb day these things don’t represent today or something. Explanation is better than completely removing.

I figure if the Reporter is saying it they have more than boardwalk times backing it up. I could be wrong tho.

I completely agree otherwise. Have a Leonard Maltin or a celeb day these things don’t represent today or something. Explanation is better than completely removing.

Whoopi Goldberg already volunteered to do one for Song of the South if Disney would release it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter