News Round Up 2020

I did see one blogger (not sure if it is one we trust) post that he had sources saying Disney will double their construction efforts during the shut down ... I mean, maybe this just means things that are in progress (Tron, Guardians, etc.) get some extra effort and accelerated a bit but I would think other larger projects get pushed back. Even like Spaceship Earth, maybe that gets delayed, and things like Mary Poppins get cancelled

I doubt it. Disney isn’t going to want to pay overtime in a time like this. Don’t see them hiring any more construction workers either. Anything is possible only time will tell.

I doubt it. Disney isn’t going to want to pay overtime in a time like this. Don’t see them hiring any more construction workers either. Anything is possible only time will tell.

But it also depends on when some of this work is being done. If there's stuff being done overnight to avoid guests and they can move it to regular working hours they may save money due to non regular working hour fees. I don't know if there's any construction work going on overnight or not though.

However I would expect the regular maintenance type stuff that gets some on some type of schedule due to having to be done over night actually all gets sped up and done. Like touch up painting of handrails etc. To me there's no reason that type of thing can't be done because you've got the staff and a lot of it is things you are doing solo or can work far enough away from someone. Or depending may have PPE on anyway due to fumes etc.

I hope Disney offers new contracts to these Epcot groups once the parks reopen. The World Showcase will be incomplete without them. What of the rest of them? There are two groups in Mexico, the acrobats in China, and the balancing act in France...those have been at Epcot for many years as well. The rest of the pavilions have rotating entertainment I think, not long-term contracts.

But it also depends on when some of this work is being done. If there's stuff being done overnight to avoid guests and they can move it to regular working hours they may save money due to non regular working hour fees. I don't know if there's any construction work going on overnight or not though.

However I would expect the regular maintenance type stuff that gets some on some type of schedule due to having to be done over night actually all gets sped up and done. Like touch up painting of handrails etc. To me there's no reason that type of thing can't be done because you've got the staff and a lot of it is things you are doing solo or can work far enough away from someone. Or depending may have PPE on anyway due to fumes etc.

Shift differential pay is maybe only a dollar a hour extra. Disney might be like we are losing how many millions a day let them work some overtime what’s a extra 25k a day when you are losing 25 million a day or whatever it is. I don’t think Disney would but who knows.

DCP chant just broke out waiting for Happily Ever After. One of them told me they are keeping the park open until 1am for them tonight.

I saw a post that the plaza garden view area was reserved for CP tonight and CP folks were the "family of the day". I know it is hard times for a lot of people but I hope they realize they are truly appreciated

I did see one blogger (not sure if it is one we trust) post that he had sources saying Disney will double their construction efforts during the shut down ... I mean, maybe this just means things that are in progress (Tron, Guardians, etc.) get some extra effort and accelerated a bit but I would think other larger projects get pushed back. Even like Spaceship Earth, maybe that gets delayed, and things like Mary Poppins get cancelled
I could see the current work accelerating because without the normal restrictions it would likely just naturally be more efficient. I really doubt they'll accelerate anything new or anything they haven't already fronted material dollars on.

Any idea if Disney CMs are the ones working SSE or do they normally hire contractors? They've probably already put out the major POs on that, but those can probably be deferred.

I was at a major conglomerate during the 2008 crash and one thing we was taking our average payment to vendors from 30 days to 90 days, I'm sure many businesses are going to be doing this on net 90 contracts.

Right now cash is king. No company is designed to survive zero revenue.

MK doing a big send off at the Main Street station with characters and WDW president Josh D'Amaro.
Missed this somehow. We left after the first kiss goodnight at 10:15. Main Street was still packed. Never seen it like that at closing when fireworks are earlier in the night.

Makes sense but moving guest to one resort if there both under half full. I have a priceline express deal booked for April. I contacted priceline to see if I could get a refund even though its a non cancellation one. That news has to help me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter