News Round Up 2020

rteetz - Is this a family member?
She worked for Disney in many facets at Poly for many years (essentially since it opened) and helped create the luau there and at Disneyland. Initially she was a very famous hula dancer from Hawaii before being convinced by Disney to move to Florida (after many unsuccessful attempts). So I think the post is farewell from Disney and particular her family at the Poly.

Is there a website (even Disney's own) to find where each resort is located on each bus load zone? I've never been able to find it.

I was just going to ask the same thing... this would be very helpful to have ahead of time and not depend on the signs...

However, I do know that when things get crowded, or otherwise a bit frenzied, they like to be able to change loading spots when extra buses are needed....

I was just going to ask the same thing... this would be very helpful to have ahead of time and not depend on the signs...

However, I do know that when things get crowded, or otherwise a bit frenzied, they like to be able to change loading spots when extra buses are needed....
Also, late at night they consolidate buses sometimes. I know Disney Springs does this. You should have seen my happy dance when our Pop DS bus was moved to something like pick-up 2 late at night. That walk always seems so long to me when I'm pooped!!

Also, late at night they consolidate buses sometimes. I know Disney Springs does this. You should have seen my happy dance when our Pop DS bus was moved to something like pick-up 2 late at night. That walk always seems so long to me when I'm pooped!!
As soon as I asked I realized it probably changes enough that they can't have a permanent map. And that POP bus stop walk is hard at DS and the parks!!!

rteetz - Is this a family member?
She worked for Disney in many facets at Poly for many years (essentially since it opened) and helped create the luau there and at Disneyland. Initially she was a very famous hula dancer from Hawaii before being convinced by Disney to move to Florida (after many unsuccessful attempts). So I think the post is farewell from Disney and particular her family at the Poly.

Here is link to DIS story on this - gives a bit more background:

We’ve learned that longtime Disney Cast Member Kau’ihealani Mahikoa Brandt, known to fans as Auntie Kau’i, has passed away.
Brandt was performing in Waikiki back in the 1960s when Disneyland officials took notice of her. Soon, she moved to California and began performing the hula three times a day at the Tahitian Terrace in Adventureland.
When Disney’s Polynesian Resort Villiage Resort opened at Walt Disney World in 1971, Brandt moved to Florida to help them launch the luau there. Later, “Auntie Kau’i” became the cultural representative at the resort.

According to a post by her family on social media and a note on a Facebook fan, Brandt passed away on Thursday.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie..._LJ4aesdLgVkZd1HGp-YGKNvwzZXntd6MRJ4svg468Ld8

Re: Muppets refurb closure...
Such last minute closures are really frustrating! Hopefully it will reopen on 9th so we get chance see the muppets on our upcoming trip.

Re: Muppets refurb closure...
Such last minute closures are really frustrating! Hopefully it will reopen on 9th so we get chance see the muppets on our upcoming trip.
It was definitely planned in advance because when I went to make my FP for the first week in Feb at 60 days out none were available. Don’t know why they waited so long to announce.

Just got back from WDW last night!
Amazing trip but VERY crowded. I will be looking at other time frames in the future.
ROTR was amazing and that's all I will say on that.

A quick note to say that Hollywood Studios was definitely the right choice for New Years Eve. Also United barely let us bring our boxed lightsaber as a carry on so just go ahead and check it (or don't and then have it checked for free at the gate since we got thru security with it?). Also Beaches and Cream's new space is wonderful and the food still delicious. Gran Destino was also great. There seemed to be issues with keeping the bus schedule posted but times weren't too bad.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

want to hear more about Gran Destino!

Did NYE 2014, never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter