News Round Up 2020

NEWS

Permit Filed for Fabrication and Set Installation at Star Wars Hotel

Well I'll be darned. I would have guessed that of anything this would have been shelved indefinitely (just due to its high price point and limited audience)), but I guess this is at least still on track with a big delay. This is a true money maker (once completed) compared to something like a "Moana water walk-through attraction" at Epcot.

Heck .. this may be the perfect hotel to have "social distancing" at due to its small size and no pool. :)

Well I'll be darned. I would have guessed that of anything this would have been shelved indefinitely (just due to its high price point and limited audience)), but I guess this is at least still on track with a big delay. This is a true money maker (once completed) compared to something like a "Moana water walk-through attraction" at Epcot.

Heck .. this may be the perfect hotel to have "social distancing" at due to its small size and no pool. :)

plus if everyone has a lightsaber, easy to tell if you are too close to other people "if your lightsabers can touch you are too close!"

My thinking was anything that was even decently far along AND directly brings in money (so this hotel, Space 220, etc.) will get done ... while a lot of people are impacted to the job I think a lot of the people that could afford to stay at the Star Wars hotel anyway are probably still ok (or at least enough of them to be able to fill a small hotel)

My expectation is that the hotel won’t be cut, but the experience within will be cut significantly.

Over the past few weeks, Disney has announced on Wednesdays that it cancelled one additional week of resort reservations. Thus, last Wednesday, it was announced that resort reservations up to May 30 were cancelled.

So far, today, there is no such announcement. If there is no announcement today, it would support Pete's hypothesis that June 1st is the current target date for some sort of reopening.

My expectation is that the hotel won’t be cut, but the experience within will be cut significantly.
Agree. I could see them just making it a normal, but "highly themed" boutique resort with some special shops and experiences inside and exclusive (morning/evening) access to SWGE. I could see them ditching the whole "role playing" thing. I mean . .I'd stay there. I don't need the total story immersion (even though I think that would be neat). Honestly that just may be hard to experience as a family if someone isn't totally into it.

Or the price will be raised significantly for its initial bookings.

Chapek:
tenor.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter