News Round Up 2020

Disney has released a short video about what to expect during your resort stay

And a checklist of "enhanced cleaning" items

Nice video and post. Makes it pretty clear. Does make you wonder how much cleaning was NOT done to rooms between stays previously :). If this (enhanced cleaning) is one of those things that sticks around, this isn't a bad thing. Just seems like a huge increase to their housekeeping cost and increased time to turnover rooms once the hotels start filling back up to "normal" (whenever that would be).

I wonder if that gift card to waive the daily cleaning will even be offered during this time? I wonder if they would just stop all daily housekeeping (to minimize contact with guest rooms) and no longer offer that nice perk? Or would they just continue to use that perk to encourage waiving of daily housekeeping more?

Nice video and post. Makes it pretty clear. Does make you wonder how much cleaning was NOT done to rooms between stays previously :). If this (enhanced cleaning) is one of those things that sticks around, this isn't a bad thing. Just seems like a huge increase to their housekeeping cost and increased time to turnover rooms once the hotels start filling back up to "normal" (whenever that would be).

I wonder if that gift card to waive the daily cleaning will even be offered during this time? I wonder if they would just stop all daily housekeeping (to minimize contact with guest rooms) and no longer offer that nice perk? Or would they just continue to use that perk to encourage waiving of daily housekeeping more?

I've wondered that when getting all sorts of e-mails during this, especially from restaurants. I am sure they just mean "we were doing this, just now more so" but my first thought when reading them is "wait, you haven't been doing that all along?"

Well, one thing the website did say previously is that housekeeping will only be on every other day during stays now (and will only be trash and towels), so they are definitely cutting down on the daily interactions.

I've wondered that when getting all sorts of e-mails during this, especially from restaurants. I am sure they just mean "we were doing this, just now more so" but my first thought when reading them is "wait, you haven't been doing that all along?"
I got an email from Avis a few months ago about all their enhanced cleaning. Rented a van from them last week that had trash in the cup holders and glovebox.

The marketing departments can say anything, but at the end of the day it comes down to the front line actually doing it and I'd never bet on that at nearly any business.

I got an email from Avis a few months ago about all their enhanced cleaning. Rented a van from them last week that had trash in the cup holders and glovebox.

The marketing departments can say anything, but at the end of the day it comes down to the front line actually doing it and I'd never bet on that at nearly any business.

My parents clean a business in a small community as a side job. This is something like a franchise-type business. The corporate headquarters have sent out all kinds of messages about the enhanced cleaning procedures supposedly taking place, yet they've given my parents no guidance about what exactly they want them to clean better. I completely agree with you, the marketing and PR departments can say whatever they want, that doesn't mean any actual "enhanced cleaning procedures" are taking place in the real world.

FWIW a poster on the Disneylannd forum on WDWMagic who often has inside DL info has the exact same info as this tweet did - watch DPB for DLR news at 3 ET/Noon PT. 🤷‍♂️
Would really like to be able to book our trip for next May.....hotel at least....soon.

Would really like to be able to book our trip for next May.....hotel at least....soon.
Disneyland is still taking bookings. Like Disney world for booking before packages release drops you have to call or have a travel agent book your room only reservation. If it’s for off site hotels some are already booking that far out, it varies hotel to hotel what their rolling calendar looks like.

Disneyland is still taking bookings. Like Disney world for booking before packages release drops you have to call or have a travel agent book your room only reservation. If it’s for off site hotels some are already booking that far out, it varies hotel to hotel what their rolling calendar looks like.
Wanting to stay at Grand Californian and I have been calling but right now they are not booking room only for next May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter