News Round Up 2020

We saw it as a family when my kids were young teens. We thought Dustin Hoffman really stole the show....we loved it - except for the skateboards stuff, we all agreed that was very weak, and now if hubby and I watch it, we speed through it. We still do quote many of the lines - "Don't try and stop me,Smee.... STOP ME, SMEE!!!"
I was very young when Hook came out, our family loves it too. We always do the "I want, I want, I want, I want! Me, me, me, now, now, now!" Dustin Hoffman was great in that role. :D

I'm just hoping that I can get to Captain Cook's for some pork nachos by September but some creme brulee at Cali Grill is pretty high on my list too!!!

Not to be the bad guy but pretty sure the removed the pork nachos from the menu (at least for now)

Not to be the bad guy but pretty sure the removed the pork nachos from the menu (at least for now)
Ugh - I'll hold onto to my dream for now but I kind of figured this might be the trip to try some new things instead of counting on my old favorites...now I will try not to sulk like a petulant child

I got an email from the Waldorf Orlando that my stay in September was cancelled. A group has bought out the whole hotel from now until Oct 15, so people are being moved to the Hilton. I moved my stay to November instead. I assume it's NBA related.

What is the general consensus of the possibility Disney allowing APs to book availability remaining from the resort guest and ticket holders spots? I have a few comp tickets I’d be willing to convert, but I really don’t want to if I’m going to be able to pick up availability day of.

Even if I did decide to do that this Saturday, would I even be allowed to? I seem to remember reading all your reservations have to come from the same pot. it’s just crazy to me that mere ticket holders have wide open access and loyal APs are seeming SOL. I have a feeling they will let us pick them up day of but no conformation 2 days out is getting concerning.

Just saw on Disney Parks Blog that 2020 tickets and hotel reservations will start up again tomorrow!
Yes I saw that too. I was kind of expecting to see more on the topic here, surprising as I thought it was pretty big news.

What is the general consensus of the possibility Disney allowing APs to book availability remaining from the resort guest and ticket holders spots? I have a few comp tickets I’d be willing to convert, but I really don’t want to if I’m going to be able to pick up availability day of.

Even if I did decide to do that this Saturday, would I even be allowed to? I seem to remember reading all your reservations have to come from the same pot. it’s just crazy to me that mere ticket holders have wide open access and loyal APs are seeming SOL. I have a feeling they will let us pick them up day of but no conformation 2 days out is getting concerning.
I’d like to hope it’ll happen, but it really seems like they’re holding firm with the 3 days only for APs and keeping their pot quite small.

I'm a little surprised that 2 days out they haven't reallocated some of the park tickets to open up spots for APs.

I cancelled our son from our reservation over a week ago and his park reservations never fell off. I finally went in and cancelled them today (those days still had availability for resort guests so I wasn't preventing anyone from getting anything). I would be curious to know if he would have been able to enter the park even though he didn't have a resort reservation anymore. Seems like a loophole for APs (if it is, I'm sure it won't last long until they realize it and fix it).

I just noticed an AP resort discount being offered for dates July 9 - sept 30Th....was that just added or did I miss it ...

Not a single hiccup this morning. Our october 2020 vacation, My wife, son and I have AP and reserved park passes earlier when that opened up. However my father is also coming and at the time didn't have his ticket yet, so we couldn't reserve a park pass for him. He's sort of the focus of the trip, so I was a bit nervous.
They opened tickets this morning. I got on a few minutes ago, with no wait, no hiccups. Bought his ticket and reserved his park days. Easy peasy. Pleasantly surprised.
Now to just get Florida Covid free and it will be miraculously magical.

I was attempting to buy tickets this morning and noticed that the policy said the tickets are “nonrefundable and nontransferrable”. There was further language that indicated that if you had purchased tickets prior to June 6 and couldn’t travel by September 26, 2021, you could apply the value of your tickets to a further ticket.

Now, I was under the impression that was always the case - that if you couldn’t use your date-based tickets you could apply the value to a future purchase. Has that now changed? We do hope to go in December but don’t want to buy tickets if we’re locked into and wouldn’t be able to cancel and apply the value of tickets to a different trip.

I was attempting to buy tickets this morning and noticed that the policy said the tickets are “nonrefundable and nontransferrable”. There was further language that indicated that if you had purchased tickets prior to June 6 and couldn’t travel by September 26, 2021, you could apply the value of your tickets to a further ticket.

Now, I was under the impression that was always the case - that if you couldn’t use your date-based tickets you could apply the value to a future purchase. Has that now changed? We do hope to go in December but don’t want to buy tickets if we’re locked into and wouldn’t be able to cancel and apply the value of tickets to a different trip.
As far as I know nothing has changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter