News Round Up 2020

would it be safe to assume with this renovation and the monorail deck being renovated at the poly that Ohana will not be opening until summer 2021 also? We are going in February and i have pretty much decided that is what happening based on the renovation accouncments. Ohana was one of my planned dinings but i have a plan b now. lol
THat is a safe assumption with the resort being closed until summer.
I'm not sure that's the case as Kona Cafe is currently open even though the resort only has DVC rooms open. If they can open Kona Cafe then I'm holding out that they can possibly open 'Ohana too. Since it's a restaurant that pulls in a lot of guests and reservations are hard to get, I don't think they would have trouble filling reservations even with most of the resort closed.

I'm not sure that's the case as Kona Cafe is currently open even though the resort only has DVC rooms open. If they can open Kona Cafe then I'm holding out that they can possibly open 'Ohana too. Since it's a restaurant that pulls in a lot of guests and reservations are hard to get, I don't think they would have trouble filling reservations even with most of the resort closed.
But with the reduced entrances to the GCH I doubt they’re going to want a bunch of people traveling to Poly to go to Ohana. I wouldn’t expect it to reopen until the Summer when the hotel side opens. They opened Kona so there is at least 1 TS open (although the Poly DVC contract is the only one that doesn’t specifically state that a TS has to be open when the DVC is open).

Pretty nice news. But I agree with the article that I doubt the single rider line will open with the ride if the ride opens during the season of social distancing.

Yes, I don't think you could do more than one "family" per vehicle. I'll be curious to see how it works here. Was great and quick in paris but I think most that used it were actually single riders and we know lots at wdw use it for quicker access. I can see it not being very useful at first.

All the DVC resorts are keeping one TS restaurant open and only one. Boardwalk only has Trattoria Al Forno. Beach Club has Beaches and Cream. Animal Kingdom (Jambo and Kidani combined) only have Sanaa. So yes Kona Cafe is open but they have 300 DVC rooms that they want to provide restaurant access. I still say O'Hana won't likely be open before next summer.

Wow! I would have paid to see Soul, not Mulan though. I'll be sure to buy it on bluray when it's released too. Trying to do my part to support the economy without needing to give monetary support to the hospital.

Same. I'm waiting for Mulan to be free. But Soul I would have paid for immediately. My only though on why this one is free is they want everyone to see this movie and it will make them more in the longrun by being a classic. So maybe it's just really good and they want people talking about it.

Same. I'm waiting for Mulan to be free. But Soul I would have paid for immediately. My only though on why this one is free is they want everyone to see this movie and it will make them more in the longrun by being a classic. So maybe it's just really good and they want people talking about it.
Going one step further- maybe they didn't make as much as they expected on Mulan (which already has a following from the original movie). So rather than having a similar outcome where the entire merchandising machine would fail without that base already established, they are offering it for "free."

Going one step further- maybe they didn't make as much as they expected on Mulan (which already has a following from the original movie). So rather than having a similar outcome where the entire merchandising machine would fail without that base already established, they are offering it for "free."
OMG!! With that post I'm not earning my ears anymore!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter