News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even want to ask this but the recent comment about HEA has me wondering, do we think the embellishments for the 50th will prevent HEA from happening until AFTER the 50th celebration is over? I know NOTHING about projections or anything of that matter but I just look at the castle now and I think "would the projections still show up the same as before?" What's your thought on that?!

I didn't even want to ask this but the recent comment about HEA has me wondering, do we think the embellishments for the 50th will prevent HEA from happening until AFTER the 50th celebration is over? I know NOTHING about projections or anything of that matter but I just look at the castle now and I think "would the projections still show up the same as before?" What's your thought on that?!

I think that it would effect the projections, especially the "ribbon" on the turrets and the 50th plate that's about to go up.

It depends. The bunting on the side doesn't look like it sticks out far enough to be noticeable when being projected onto. The ribbons might stick out but since there are multiple different angles of projectors being used, there might be a way to work with them.

There was also the rumor (at least I don't think it was confirmed yet) that there would be a new show for the 50th, so maybe it will be designed with these decorations in mind, and go away after the celebration is over.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...or-announces-changes-for-distancing-mandates/
From Disboards itself, so must be kosher...synopsis as requested...
Here are the facts only - no opinion (so we should be safe):

Phase 1 – Effective Immediately:
  • Reduce physical distance from 6 to 3 feet in all settings.
  • Fully vaccinated individuals should follow CDC guidelines for wearing facial coverings
Phase 2 – Effective when 50% of the population age 16+ has received their first dose of the vaccine:
  • Facial covering mandate for outdoors lifted for all individuals.
  • Physical distancing of at least 3 feet between groups is encouraged.
  • Facial coverings still required for indoors, except when eating or drinking.
Phase 3 – Effective when 70% of the population age 16 or older has received their first dose of the vaccine and/or Orange County’s 14-day rolling positivity rate is 5% or below.
  • All mandates lifted

If any changes are coming... I hope this means good things for entertainment...

Come on Indiana Jones... come on.... come on!!! :bored:Just bring it all back.. let's disperse some of the burden on these ride lines! Let's goooooooo!
Desperately need entertainment to eat crowds, I think. But once again, Disney has not called me for my opinion...

If any changes are coming... I hope this means good things for entertainment...

Come on Indiana Jones... come on.... come on!!! :bored:Just bring it all back.. let's disperse some of the burden on these ride lines! Let's goooooooo!

HS definitely needs those shows! I've seen Indiana Jones like a gajillion times and I often say they need to add something new in the space or at least refresh the show a little - on this upcoming trip though I feel like I will actually miss it! 😁

Phase 3 – Effective when 70% of the population age 16 or older has received their first dose of the vaccine and/or Orange County’s 14-day rolling positivity rate is 5% or below.
  • All mandates lifted

Sure it would be a big help if more people got vaccinated but you know what else would help? If all you negative people down there in Orange County got tested 👏 Thank you!

HS definitely needs those shows! I've seen Indiana Jones like a gajillion times and I often say they need to add something new in the space or at least refresh the show a little - on this upcoming trip though I feel like I will actually miss it! 😁
I agree, I think they should take that area and make a Marvel Campus in its place and move the show over to AK and ReTheme Dinosour to Indy.

I agree, I think they should take that area and make a Marvel Campus in its place and move the show over to AK and ReTheme Dinosour to Indy.

Well, Marvel is still a no-go in Florida. I kind of like the idea of Indy being next to Star Wars, but I'd like to see some new stuff added. I like the Dinosaur land too, but wouldn't mind seeing something new there too since Primeval Whirl is gone.

Well, Marvel is still a no-go in Florida. I kind of like the idea of Indy being next to Star Wars, but I'd like to see some new stuff added. I like the Dinosaur land too, but wouldn't mind seeing something new there too since Primeval Whirl is gone.

do we thinking they are fully removing this ride? Or will they change the ride vehicle to what the similar ride at DCA is like?

That was others have stated. The projections will ot work with "extra" items on the castle.

do we thinking they are fully removing this ride? Or will they change the ride vehicle to what the similar ride at DCA is like?

As far as I've heard I do not think it is coming back at all. I thought they had started taking it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter