News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
First ‘Harmonious’ Fireworks Barges Installed at EPCOT

I was thinking "Wait, didn't they already do this?" but these are supporting barges - not the LED screen barges. They'll be 8 of these along with the LED barges and whatever else they put into the lagoon. It sure is going to look different the next time I get back down to WDW.

It's weird that the rumor is they are bringing Epcot Forever back first (whenever it happens) and then Harmonious.

I never saw EF, so I'm assuming all those barges won't be in the way? 🤔

I don’t contribute value to this thread but have been checking these almost daily for years. I am saddened at the possibility of these threads ending here. Seems like a couple are trying to keep this going with news updates. I wish them the best in their efforts.

I don’t contribute value to this thread but have been checking these almost daily for years. I am saddened at the possibility of these threads ending here. Seems like a couple are trying to keep this going with news updates. I wish them the best in their efforts.

I will post daily what I find! :) I can't spend a lot of time, but I read other sites that give some good info. I'll post on this thread and then I usually post in the forum that pertains to the topic. (Like a restaurant refurb I'll also put on the restaurant board)

I'm sad a lot have decided to leave, but I understand.
The board will be changed now, but hopefully people contribute what they find as far as news/rumors at least.

Last edited:

I don't mind posting what I come across as well. I'm online a lot and try following updates on Twitter and such. If we have a few people doing the same we can keep people up on news and rumours to give topics for on and off topic discussion.

Awesome. I'm not on Twitter so I'm pretty useless with those updates and those are usually the good ones! :D

Oh and I wanted to post this the other day, but forgot.

I read a post on wdwmagic . com that Food & Beverage costumes (aprons? uniforms?) are getting new designs based on IP.

Here is the list:
Boardwalk: Dumbo
Caribbean Beach: Dancing fish from The Little mermaid
Old Key West: Orange Bird
Saratoga: A horse
Contemporary: Monorails
Pop Century: Mickey Mouse Quotes
Art of Animation: water color character outlines

They also have a picture, but I think it's someone's personal picture and I didn't want to lift it, but I know how people feel about IPs but these look super cute! :D I'll see if I can find another picture.

Found pics on google!

2021-wdw-walt-disney-world-disneys-BoardWalk-Bakery-cast-member-costume-uniform-new-different-...jpgboardwalk-dumbo-costume-1-7083021-scaled.jpgdumbo.jpeg

Last edited:

I read a post on wdwmagic . com that Food & Beverage costumes (aprons? uniforms?) are getting new designs based on IP.

Here is the list:

They also have a picture, but I think it's someone's personal picture and I didn't want to lift it, but I know how people feel about IPs but these look super cute! :D I'll see if I can find another picture.

I know they already changed the BW Luna Park Pool slide to have a Mickey and Friends theme, but in keeping with the boardwalk/circus theme it just occurred to me that they really should have just changed the clown over to Dumbo. Then it would have matched the outfits.

Here is the list:

Found pics on google!

View attachment 554161View attachment 554162View attachment 554163
Saratoga...a horse LOL
no but these are super cute and I like how well the IPs match and I agree totally about Dumbo being a better fit for BW than Mickey + Co, and I am not a huge Dumbo fan but BW is my favorite so

Here is the list:

Found pics on google!

I actually really like that. I'm a sucker for Dumbo though.

I don't mind posting what I come across as well. I'm online a lot and try following updates on Twitter and such. If we have a few people doing the same we can keep people up on news and rumours to give topics for on and off topic discussion.
I too will post what I see on Twitter and elsewhere, since I'm on it all the time, so count me in with keeping this party train rolling.

Here is the list:

Found pics on google!

View attachment 554161View attachment 554162View attachment 554163

I have mixed feelings on this. It’s cute but I think I prefer costumes to be authentic to the theme of the resort and the specific location. A hotel in the Caribbean would not actually have Disney characters on their uniforms, etc etc. This type of design works well at All Stars/Art of Animation due to the type of theming.

I will post daily what I find! :) I can't spend a lot of time, but I read other sites that give some good info. I'll post on this thread and then I usually post in the forum that pertains to the topic. (Like a restaurant refurb I'll also put on the restaurant board)

I'm sad a lot have decided to leave, but I understand.
The board will be changed now, but hopefully people contribute what they find as far as news/rumors at least.

Trying another of Harmonious barges. I'm trying to help you out on some of the Twitter links, Farro!
I too will post what I see on Twitter and elsewhere, since I'm on it all the time, so count me in with keeping this party train rolling.

Thanks to everyone updating with news! I barely have time to read it, def don’t have time to find it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter