newspapers on-board

karynm

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if there are newspapers on board? If so, which ones are available and how current are they? Is it possible to request morning room delivery like in a hotel room?
Thanks!

No, no newspapers are available, they'd have a tough time getting them delivered daily. :)

The best way to get the news is via CNN and CNN Headline News, they do have this on the ship.

You could also consider checking the headlines using a computer in the Internet Cafe. Most newspapers have an online version of their print editions, as well as the CNN sites and others like it.

hope that helps

I obtained newspapers at a bookstore in Freeport. I would assume you can get them in the other ports of call as well. While it's not daily, at least it's better than nothing at all, if you're not accustomed to getting your news from the TV. Also, if you get the unlimited internet access, assuming it is still available, you can read many newspapers for free on the internet.

When I went on a Princess cruise(years ago) each morning we received a "Princess" Newspaper with synopsis of all the world's news. That was probably before the days of CNN though, but I still liked it. I never really did watch CNN on the Magic, but I would have glanced at a little paper for news from home. I assumed DCL would do a newspaper too. I was surprised.

I just always assumed the world's news stopped while I was on vacation, you mean it doesn't??!!! ;)

No, seriously, the CNN was a great way to catch up in the morning. I seem to remember them showing CNN in the ESPN Skybox (must have been a slow sports day) also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter