NFL Quarterback at AKL

cmkallen

BWV Since 2006
We just got back from our 2nd trip to SSR in 3 months. Again SSR is amazing. We actually own at BWV and have never stayed there. But anyway we decided to go check out AKL last weekend and there was retired quarterback Doug Flutie. It seems like he loved the place. I might just have to add-on there now!

Craig K

I agree about SSR. Did you get a chance to see how the Grandstand area was progessing, the pool??

NO way! Where did you run into him? Lobby? Pool?

I agree SSR is great :)

We live in Natick where Doug lives...he is a nice guy and a tremendous philantropist with alot of his work going to autism because his son Doug Jr has autism....glad to see he is a WDW fan.
Connears

I ran into him in the lobby as we were walking in. I asked my wife if that was Doug and of course she said "who?" But then I noticed he was taking pictures and signing autographs. He was probally at the bar cheering on his former team.

SSR grand stand area looked great. Landscaping was being done around some buildings . The outsides on the buildings looked almost complete but the insides looked like they were at drywall. I was told they would be ready in the fall? Being in the building business it looked like they could be done sooner.

David Robinson the NBA Hall of Famer who played at San Antonio was staying at BWV during this past Thanksgiving while we were there.

When I was at AKL, in early December, I passed Emmett Smith in the hallway outside the royal suite. He was staying there with his family. My son was extremely jealous of me. :rolleyes:

We saw Doug Flutie Cinderella's Castle on the 17th. Our server said he comes to Disney 3-4 times a year, and that he's a very friendly, down to earth guy. I agree, since he was kind enough to take a picture with me and my son after he was done with dinner! :teeth:

But anyway we decided to go check out AKL last weekend and there was retired quarterback Doug Flutie.

Craig K

Sweet, beautiful man. Saw him at a Raptor's game this month. The crowd of course still loves our CFL quarterback. He threw a pass into the upper bowl.

You guys impress easy. We out to have a get together at Dumbo71's house. I have 3 Dallas Cowboys as my neighbors. One right next door, one behind me and one that I can see his house. All are starters and very good players. I also have a former NFL quarterback on the next street over. He's rumored to be maybe coming back, he's only 35.

I've heard Flutie is a nice guy. One thing he is is a short guy, I'll tell you that.:lmao:

You guys impress easy. We out to have a get together at Dumbo71's house. I have 3 Dallas Cowboys as my neighbors. One right next door, one behind me and one that I can see his house. All are starters and very good players. I also have a former NFL quarterback on the next street over. He's rumored to be maybe coming back, he's only 35.

I've heard Flutie is a nice guy. One thing he is is a short guy, I'll tell you that.:lmao:

Short men rule the world Dumbo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter