• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Niagra Falls Help

Corbin3

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone, We are headed to Niagra falls for a quick one day trip on a saturday and then on to Detroit the next day for a football game. Trying to decide if its worth it to stay in Niagra Falls Saturday night or drive a distance away to find a good hotel. Doesn't have to be a fancy hotel just clean. Has anyone stayed in Niagra Falls on the Canadian side recently? The hotel reviews are not that great and make it sound like all the hotels are dirty and old. For everyone one good review there are two negative reviews! Plus they are all super expensive and you have to pay additional for parking. Any advice?

Hamilton and London are two nice cities and will have plenty of decent hotels for good prices, and are closer to Detroit.

The smaller BnBs near Niagara seem to have way better reviews and decent prices, but I don't have any personal recommendations.

I live in the area. There are some older run down properties for sure but they would generally be the cheaper properties. There’s also some very nice Marriott , Sheraton, Hilton etc properties that will cost you as it’s a major tourist destination.

Niagara on the Lake is absolutely lovely and has some beautiful properties but will be even more. My daughter was just married there at one of the Vintage Hotels properties and there was nothing under $500 a night. If you choose Niagara on the Lake you could do better with Bed and Breakfast properties but they book up very fast.

There are some mid range newer properties that are a 12 minute drive to either downtown Niagara on the Lake or Niagara Falls that are just off the highway and they tend be more affordable. That’s where we directed any of the wedding guests who didn’t want to spend $$$$ on the wedding hotel.

They are the Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Inn and Suites on York Road. Again they are just off the highway but just a short drive to any of the sights you would want to see for the day.

If there’s any specific properties you find a better rate at feel free to ask me about them.

I live in the area. There are some older run down properties for sure but they would generally be the cheaper properties. There’s also some very nice Marriott , Sheraton, Hilton etc properties that will cost you as it’s a major tourist destination.

Niagara on the Lake is absolutely lovely and has some beautiful properties but will be even more. My daughter was just married there at one of the Vintage Hotels properties and there was nothing under $500 a night. If you choose Niagara on the Lake you could do better with Bed and Breakfast properties but they book up very fast.

There are some mid range newer properties that are a 12 minute drive to either downtown Niagara on the Lake or Niagara Falls that are just off the highway and they tend be more affordable. That’s where we directed any of the wedding guests who didn’t want to spend $$$$ on the wedding hotel.

They are the Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Inn and Suites on York Road. Again they are just off the highway but just a short drive to any of the sights you would want to see for the day.

If there’s any specific properties you find a better rate at feel free to ask me about them.
Thank you! I will check those out. Do you know anything about the Vittoria Hotel and Suites or the Falls Hotel and Inn? I was debating the convenience of being in a hotel that is close enough to everything that we could walk, vs having to find finding parking for the day and just having our car be the home base. Is parking difficult to find?

Thank you! I will check those out. Do you know anything about the Vittoria Hotel and Suites or the Falls Hotel and Inn? I was debating the convenience of being in a hotel that is close enough to everything that we could walk, vs having to find finding parking for the day and just having our car be the home base. Is parking difficult to find?
I’m not familiar with the Vittoria hotel and suites but the area is good and the Trip Advisor reviews are pretty good. I would avoid the Falls Hotel and Inn. Sketchy area and run down from what I remember.

Parking can be expensive and some of the sites on the Niagara parkway have a limited amount of it.

There is a very convenient transit system that will take you to all the major attractions and even in to Niagara on the Lake if you wanted to do that too.
You can read about that here
https://www.niagarafallstourism.com/plan/getting-around/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter