No Evening Shows?

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
We are WDW vets planning our first trip to DL. We are flying in on Saturday Apr 13, staying at the GC. Our plan is not to go into the parks that day since we will be arriving mid-afternoon and after the long flight from the east coast so we want to relax, explore our hotel, and have dinner at Steakhouse 55. We will hit the parks on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with park hoppers and Maxpass. I am aware that it is Dapper Days so I am worried about crowds in DL on Sunday but we can hop over to DCA.

From what I can tell, there are no evening shows right now with WOC and F! on hiatus? Is this correct? Are the parks closing earlier because of this? I am really disappointed to miss WOC and F!

Hours and entertainment are not officially posted until 6 weeks out so you won't know for sure until much closer to your actual dates. As of now I don't think there is a return date published by Disney for Fantasmic or WOC and I believe they might not even have firm dates established. Park hours are not reduced though due to this - park hours are still showing as up until midnight many dates in the next 6 weeks on the calendar.

Mickey's Mix Magic should start by then, and it will be the new nighttime show. It is designed to run with and without fireworks (projections only), so it should run most nights.

WOC may or may not be back. That was an unplanned outage.

Which park will Mickey's Mix Magic be in? Will it be where WOC was?

It is the new Disneyland "Fireworks" show that incorporates projections and lasers and such. It is designed so that it can run in Projection only mode for when fireworks get cancelled sue to high wind or when they are off to abide by the noise regulations. It can be viewed form Main Street/The Hub (keeping in mind that the castle is behind a construction wall at the moment, projections also on Main Street buildings), the Rivers of America (Fantasmic!) area (projections on water screens), or the It's a Small World area (projections on IASW). It should be similar to the Pixar Together Forever show and Disneyland Forever, but with more light-show.

It's looking cool and I can't wait to check it out when I am there in March. It is a consolation to having the other closures.

Do you think there will be dining packages to view the show? Although not sure how that will work since there seems to be so many viewing locations.

Do you think there will be dining packages to view the show? Although not sure how that will work since there seems to be so many viewing locations.

The show begins in two days - I'd think if there was a dining package it'd be available for reservation already considering reservations for dining open up 60 days in advance. Just my guess though.

If this is going to be anything like the Pixar show over the past summer (and we'll know in a few days when the reviews come in), then there won't be a need for dining packages and the various viewing locations will actually work to spread out the crowds so that packages won't really be needed. Good viewing should be ample, as it was over the summer with TF!: viewing at ROA, IASW, Castle/Hub, and Main Street (our favorite). Often there was no need to camp out at all; really good viewing on Main Street or IASW with only about 5-10 minutes wait. With any luck, F! and/or WOC will be back by your trip dates (fingers crossed!) -- I would spend any dining package money on those shows where the investment will be worth it.

We are WDW vets planning our first trip to DL. We are flying in on Saturday Apr 13, staying at the GC. Our plan is not to go into the parks that day since we will be arriving mid-afternoon and after the long flight from the east coast so we want to relax, explore our hotel, and have dinner at Steakhouse 55. We will hit the parks on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with park hoppers and Maxpass. I am aware that it is Dapper Days so I am worried about crowds in DL on Sunday but we can hop over to DCA.

From what I can tell, there are no evening shows right now with WOC and F! on hiatus? Is this correct? Are the parks closing earlier because of this? I am really disappointed to miss WOC and F!

I wouldn't worry about the crowds during Dapper Days. I would, infact, make it a point to be in the parks to check out all the great styles and the beautiful people! The clothes, hair, makeup etc is awesome. The people participating in Dapper Days, in my humble opinion, have the best manners and dispositions in the parks. You will see Dappers in both parks, so, plan to just enjoy the day.

I wouldn't worry about the crowds during Dapper Days. I would, infact, make it a point to be in the parks to check out all the great styles and the beautiful people! The clothes, hair, makeup etc is awesome. The people participating in Dapper Days, in my humble opinion, have the best manners and dispositions in the parks. You will see Dappers in both parks, so, plan to just enjoy the day.

I am looking forward to seeing those that are dressed up and I'm happy to hear that they will be in both parks. I thought about dressing up too but DH and DD don't want to so I'm not going to bother. It will be fun to see others dressed up!

If this is going to be anything like the Pixar show over the past summer (and we'll know in a few days when the reviews come in), then there won't be a need for dining packages and the various viewing locations will actually work to spread out the crowds so that packages won't really be needed. Good viewing should be ample, as it was over the summer with TF!: viewing at ROA, IASW, Castle/Hub, and Main Street (our favorite). Often there was no need to camp out at all; really good viewing on Main Street or IASW with only about 5-10 minutes wait. With any luck, F! and/or WOC will be back by your trip dates (fingers crossed!) -- I would spend any dining package money on those shows where the investment will be worth it.

Great suggestion.

Which park will Mickey's Mix Magic be in? Will it be where WOC was?

As a clarification, WoC was not a planned hiatus. A major portion of the show mechanical and electrical was inadvertently damaged to the point that they have now been working on repairing it for almost 8 months. No one knows when it will return though with the missing revenue from dining packages, dessert party etc. (and F! down for a scheduled refurb) I am sure Disney is trying get it back up and running as soon as they can. Hopefully that will be before your trip!

My kiddos don't know WoC is down and its been a family favorite our past 3 trips. Last time F! was down, so I had hoped to work it in as a replacement, but it looks like F! will be down while we are there in March too. Fingers are crossed that Mix Magic works out! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

While there are no return dates yet, I suspect F! will be back by April 13th, particularly since they mention on the website that the Rivers of America will be available for Mickey's Mix Magic viewing once F! is back, which to me makes it seem like the refurb won't last long.

I agree. I would never dress up (not my thing) but my wife and always always appreciate the amount of work people put into it when we r there the same weekends. Especially when it’s hot and the guys are wearing a suit the whole time.

wdw vet too. wondering about my nov. trip. is there a daytime or night time parade in either park? I assume fantasmic and maybe woc will be up by then? will there be anything at night in star wars edge area too like a show type?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter