No exemption to mask policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@keishashadow Yes, at the resorts masks are required except when dining or swimming. Also each park has at least 2 mask-free “Relaxation Zones.” It is in the Re-Opening thread.

RELAXATION STATION LOCATIONS
These are areas where guests may remove their face coverings within the parks. Social distancing is still required within these locations. Possible limit of 30 minutes, but that doesn't seem to be officially posted. Hand sanitizer is available at the entrances.

MK has 3 locations:
  • Adventureland - between Adventureland and Frontierland, next to A Pirates Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas and near the (closed) Golden Oak Outpost dining - allowing some tables to be used for the relaxation station
  • Tomorrowland - at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant, which is currently closed for dining; this location is open air but also has A/C vents
  • Fantasyland - at Pete's Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus since there are no character greets; this is a completely indoors, air-conditioned with some tables/seating and other circles designating areas for groups to stand
AK has 2 locations:
  • Discovery Island - at the (closed) Pizzafari, allowing use of some tables and chairs; this location has A/C
  • Asia - near the entrance to Up! A Great Bird Adventure named Upcountry Landing, with tables and chairs, overlooking the waterway; bonus is ability to see some character cavalcades from here
DHS has 2 locations:
  • Star Wars Launch Bay (This is an inside air-conditioned location that served as a character meet and greet located in the Animation Courtyard)
  • Near Rise of the Resistance (This is an open air location that will be located near the Rise of the Resistance ride)
EPCOT has 2 locations:
  • Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (This is an inside air-conditioned location that served as a character dining location in Norway in the World Showcase)
  • Yorkshire County Fish Shop (This is an open air outside location located in the UK Pavilion in World Showcase)
  • Between Mission Space and Test Track (This is an open air outside location located in Future World East)
DISNEY SPRINGS has 1 location:
  • near part of the M&F tram loading area
These locations are marked on the park maps, which are available on the app (if you like hard-copy maps, like I do, you may want to print and bring with you because I think I read they do not have hard-copies available).

When I visit WDW in hot weather, I normally go the the parks early, go back the my hotel, and return later in the evening. I rarely have a sit down lunch in the parks. I am going in two weeks, and with the shorter park hours, and the mask situation, I have planned sit down lunches in three parks, to give me a break from the mask and to cool off. I also intend to use the relaxation station as well as bring 2-3 different types of masks each day, so I can change it out for a fresher mask or change the pressure of the ear loops.

Rick Ross might have a case. Just saw a boy with no mask and the cast member ask the parents to put a mask on the child and they told them he has a disability and they said ok and let the family go on their way.
Meanwhile we just had some lady go psycho on us because I told her if my autistic child could wear her mask her teenage son really should have his on! (They got on the conservation train, tried to take them off, were told by a cast member to leave them on, and then immediately he took it off when the train started moving and OF COURSE we were downwind) I dunno guys, being autistic we are SUPER about rules and today was waaaay rough with so many people flouncing safety. (Every single line we were in people didn’t bother wearing them, guy had it on his chin the entire Safari ride. Etc...I can handle some but with everywhere we went seeing noses and mouths the just edge of meltdown anxiety was running high with me) 😥

Meanwhile we just had some lady go psycho on us because I told her if my autistic child could wear her mask her teenage son really should have his on! (They got on the conservation train, tried to take them off, were told by a cast member to leave them on, and then immediately he took it off when the train started moving and OF COURSE we were downwind) I dunno guys, being autistic we are SUPER about rules and today was waaaay rough with so many people flouncing safety. (Every single line we were in people didn’t bother wearing them, guy had it on his chin the entire Safari ride. Etc...I can handle some but with everywhere we went seeing noses and mouths the just edge of meltdown anxiety was running high with me) 😥
My heart and soul are with and your beautiful child. I despise people that because of their political beliefs refuse to follow simple rules. What do they really think they are proving? Would they also like to jump into Bay Lake and pet the alligators? There are signs stating and fencing preventing it, but " No one will be infringing on their rights".

For minimum wage. The higher up the food chain, the more they throw enforcement of rules to the lower paid person.
Actually pretty much all cast members are either at or on their way to $15/hour. It was part of the most recent union contract.

My experience has been the opposite in hte parks - I have seen plenty of management level people asking guests to fix or put on their masks.

What changes would that be? I haven’t seen anything about a change in guidance related to masks, but perhaps I missed it ...
It's not a change in guidance about mask wearing, it's a change in guidance in testing. They now say that even if you are known to be exposed to you only need to get tested if you show symptoms. So, asymptomatic carriers no longer need to be tested and pose no danger to others....potentially.

The other change is how many of the deaths attributed to COVID are now directly caused by it (9%). The rest have other underlying issues and the majority is due to advanced age.

I still say Disney's stance on mask wearing is excessive and overburdened.

Since my 3 year old asymptomatic grand daughter gave it to her parents and her 1 year old sister - I’m not buying the argument above nor do i think Disney is going overboard...either wear a mask and social distance or don’t go...why is that so difficult

The other change is how many of the deaths attributed to COVID are now directly caused by it (9%). The rest have other underlying issues and the majority is due to advanced age.

I’m very interested in reading about this, but couldn’t find it on the CDC website... do you happen to have a link to the section of the website where this info is located? Thanks!

It's not a change in guidance about mask wearing, it's a change in guidance in testing. They now say that even if you are known to be exposed to you only need to get tested if you show symptoms. So, asymptomatic carriers no longer need to be tested and pose no danger to others....potentially.

Oh, you mean the change that CDC officials admit was pushed by politicians and not supported by experts in infectious diseases. The change that occurred during a meeting when Dr Fauci wasn't present because he was undergoing surgery. The change that doctors say makes no sense and will make it harder to control the spread of COVID. The change that Florida and several other states have said they won't follow. That change? No, Disney will not be changing their policies on mask wearing because of that.

I've haven't seen anything that indicates experts in infectious disease have suddenly decided that asymptomatic people don't pose a risk. And the PPs experience with her asymptomatic granddaughter giving it to her parents and sister attests to the risk.

Nice try - link please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter