No flight of passage fast passes

LoveDisney1

Earning My Ears
I booked my fast passes today 60 days in advance and there were no fop fast passes at 7am. I should've known better and checked each day of my vacation but I was trying to get into work and I only checked the days we are going to AK. I'm so disappointed. What's the likelihood that I can be there close to park opening and not have to wait forever. If park is scheduled to open at 8. Does it actually open at 8 or earlier?

Lately it's been opening a little earlier. Get there 60-90 min prior to park opening and you can ride it with little wait. Or get there around 8 and wait in line if you'd rather not wait prior to the park opening

Keep checking FP too. People do change plans all the times.
I agree. I have a 3 day trip planned the end of the month and just found FoP FP+ for that Sunday. If you are persistent I think there's a good chance especially as the trip gets closer.

I agree. I have a 3 day trip planned the end of the month and just found FoP FP+ for that Sunday. If you are persistent I think there's a good chance especially as the trip gets closer.

Between having to persistently check for ADR cancellations and FP cancellations, these issues are taking up too much real life time. We are forced to become obsessed "stalkers" and, say what you want, Disney vacations are becoming super tedious to plan. My SIL just pointed this out the other day. At the price we all pay for admission, how normal is it that we can't experience everything we want without waiting in line for hours and pre-planning our park visits down to the minute months in advance? And can you imagine how much busier things are going to get when Star Wars land is going to open? Talk about a planning nightmare!

Between having to persistently check for ADR cancellations and FP cancellations, these issues are taking up too much real life time. We are forced to become obsessed "stalkers" and, say what you want, Disney vacations are becoming super tedious to plan. My SIL just pointed this out the other day. At the price we all pay for admission, how normal is it that we can't experience everything we want without waiting in line for hours and pre-planning our park visits down to the minute months in advance? And can you imagine how much busier things are going to get when Star Wars land is going to open? Talk about a planning nightmare!
I think peope are actually blowing things out of proportion. Theme parks = wait in line. At my local six flags, on a summer day, I can't do every rollercoaster in one day.

You can still go to Disney and not plan anything and still do every rides you want. Only a handful of rides always have an hour wait, and are usually doable in the morning or late at night.

The only thing I ageee is ADR. But there is so much good QS options, you can also forgo table restaurant...

My daughter booked all of our FP, and got all we wanted that one morning at 7 AM. Our ADRs were easy to book too. Going in the middle of August. We were able to update all the ADRs but one without difficulty when we added one person to our trip. (The added person was on there before we booked FPs, so that was a nonissue) So I guess I don't understand why others are having problems? We aren't planned down to the minute either.

I've never been to WDW when we've "experienced everything we want" (That sounds a bit temperamental to me?) and have waited in hour long queues. But we've waited in long queues elsewhere as well. We book dining around home in advance, and I've had to plan to get into a certain restaurant in the city well in advance. Tickets to games, concerts, movies, etc, all take advanced planning.

I didn't have luck for my planned animal kingdom day either. We are going on 9/3. I should have known better since this is the Sunday of Labor Day weekend and those staying earlier would have already had the opportunity to book. Oh well, we will either get there super early or not ride it this trip. Is there a single rider line?

Yes indeed. Getting every FP or ADR you want, and trying to design the "perfect schedule", practically demands obsessive planning if there is any wrinkle at all. I was relieved to be able to FOP and pretty much whatever else we wanted at the 60 day mark for our trip later this week. It helped me to let it go.

My advice on FOP would be to get there early and wait in the queue. It's not like wait times will improve over the course of most days.

I feel your pain OP. I tried to make Fastpass selections this morning and was told no tickets were linked to my account. I tried to link my pass and was told it was already associated with another account. By the time the site decided I did in fact have a valid ticket it was 7:03am and FOP was already gone for every day of my trip. :worried:

I couldn't get one for our AK day on 8/29 either. I'm hoping if I keep checking one with pop up. If not, I guess we're getting there super early that day!

I just did our FP's this morning and went for FOP first on our 4th day 9/5 and had no problem. There were actually plenty of times to choose from that whole day. We were hoping for later in the day FP's anyway, so it worked out perfect. Keep checking.

Wow we had no problems for early August! Like, we had our choice of times.... AK was the first and last day of our trip and got it both with no problem 60 days out. Must be true that fall is actually going to be busier this year!

Part of the problem with September, and this is very real, is that the posted hours for AK are only to 9 o'clock each night. That is one less hour of FP availability each day than in August. You want real chaos, wait until the October FP window opens if Disney has not extended hours past the current 7 o'clock closing.

We had no issue getting ours for the last week in August. I also go back to front on my selections.

Interesting. I also did my FPs yesterday right at 7 and got FoP on two different days. I went for an evening later in our trip first, but then had no problem getting them for the second evening of our trip, which is a holiday weekend (Labor Day weekend). I'm curious why some can't seem to find any and some have no trouble. In my case, we are a party of two. We also park hop and I do our FP+ for our second park of the day, so usually looking for afternoon vs. morning. Both sets of my FoP FP+ are after about 3:00. Wonder if either of those factors has something to do with it.

I booked my fast passes today 60 days in advance and there were no fop fast passes at 7am. I should've known better and checked each day of my vacation but I was trying to get into work and I only checked the days we are going to AK. I'm so disappointed. What's the likelihood that I can be there close to park opening and not have to wait forever. If park is scheduled to open at 8. Does it actually open at 8 or earlier?

Length of vacation, 1, 3, 5, 7, 10 days? Number of people?

I feel your pain OP. I tried to make Fastpass selections this morning and was told no tickets were linked to my account. I tried to link my pass and was told it was already associated with another account. By the time the site decided I did in fact have a valid ticket it was 7:03am and FOP was already gone for every day of my trip. :worried:

It would be helpful to know, are you talking about 60 days out or 30 days out? Length of vacation, 1, 3, 5, 7, 10 days? Number of people?

I booked July 1st for my 60 day window with 3 people and I am still seeing times available while I will be there. Just curious what your parameters were/are. Could be helpful to others.

I have to pretty much agree. Not sure when we may go back to Disney. Usually can afford to go every 3 years (went last November). At this point have no plans for any Disney trip. I would like a relaxing vacation where the day is not planned around ADRS and FP+. I do like FP+ just thinking it would be nice to go to the beach and not plan our days. Thinking maybe Tampa with one day at Busch Gardens or a cruise out of Boston. We shall see, I do love WDW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter