No longer allowed to change/modify existing dining reservations

Andrea17119

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Disney website support because the link to "change reservations" for all of my February dinner reservations is no longer there online. The CM stated that they have taken away the feature to allow guests to modify a dinner reservation via the app or online and that now you must call. Anyone else run into this or have more info.?

This is my first time posting a question so please excuse if already discussed. I am still learning my way around these great forums and appreciate all the information.

Last edited:
That sounds fishy. Sounds more like their website continues to suck

Thanks for the heads up, anyone else see it available in 2017? 2018?

My app hasn’t been working to modify dining for a few weeks but I’ve been able to do it on the website with no issues. I haven’t tried in the last couple of days though.

ETA I just tried via the website and the ‘change reservation’ link is still there. It allowed me to search for different times but I didn’t actually confirm because I don’t want to modify anything.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will be calling Disney again since it appears to just be me.

Hi. So it seems that I can't modify my dining reservation (only cancel it) in the app or on the website because it is for the Tusker House ROL dining package. I was confused because the app still has the modify option but when I click it, it just says "please try again- we're having trouble loading this screen". The website only has the cancel link (not the change link).

I also have the Start Wars dessert party reservation which also only has the cancel option on the website. I don't have any regular ADRs and didn't realize that those two types of reservations were treated differently. I figured this out by adding a dummy regular dinner ADR and then the change link came up as an option as well as the cancel link but only for that ADR (I canceled that dummy ADR).

Hope everyone had a magical Christmas.

I have the "change reservation" option on all of my reservations except for Hoop De Doo and CRT. Those only have "cancel reservation"

I was just tweaking our ADRs for March. It appears that "specialty" bookings such as RoL package, Fantasmic! package, and anything that requires prepayment only had the option to Cancel. Regular ADRs had both Cancel and Change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter