No more FastPass CM's

OnWithTheShow

No Entangling Alliances
I have been meaning to post this for about two months now but have been extremely busy lately. The FastPass cast members will be reassigned in January and control of FastPass will be passed back to the individual attractions cast. This is a great move that is long overdue (nothing is worse than walking into the Hollywood Tower Hotel and being greeted by a guy in a polo shirt and khakis instead of a bellhop).

Hey thanks SHOW, I hope everything is going well for you.

OK this can be a really good thing, because the fastpass only cm's often don't know as much about the attraction and they are often out of character and costume.

ON the flip side though, this can be a really bad thing if the attraction doesn't devote staff to manning the fast pass stations. I've seen some real bad messes for guests - especially guests who don't really get the system - when no one is working fast pass distribution. I've actually seen it sort of ugly once, and bad and confused a few times.

One other thing - I've also seen it when there aren't enough fast pass cm's but the "regular" attraction cms feel powerless to make any calls or do anything about fast pass b/c they aren't on fast pass.

So I hope this works out like we hope it will-

DR

The Fast Pass machines still fail to return park passes once in awhile. There is still a great need for someone with the proper know how to be on hand in the distribution area to unjam the machine. Otherwise some guest might go for help and somebody else comes over to the machine and succeeds in getting the park pass out and then steals the pass.

Cutting back on personnel connected with Fast Pass may lead to operational problems such as more guests cheating or cutting in line. The cast members collecting the Fast Passes and moving guests through the lines need to know what proportion of Fast Pass versus regular guests to use and this can change during the day. THey also need to quickly verify that the Fast Pass time window has not expired.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

A few years ago, when the Boston MBTA (the Kingston Trio's MTA) removed the token sellers from a few subway stations to cut costs, having people pay on the train instead, crime increased at those stations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter