• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No quarantine required for Canadian travellers to Hawaii with negative test

Wow! Well that's a start of Hawaii reopening. I'll be watching with the rest of the world to see how Covid numbers move/don't move with this new policy.

Yes, that's great news! But since the language states "...all trans-Pacific travelers arriving in Hawaii from out-of-state...", can we infer that includes mainland US?

https://hidot.hawaii.gov/coronavirus/

🤔 I'm thinking yes but...

Reading it through, it seems like it does include the U.S. as they mention that due to high Coronavirus numbers in the US, they are not starting the program Aug 1 as they originally intended.

Yes, that's great news! But since the language states "...all trans-Pacific travelers arriving in Hawaii from out-of-state...", can we infer that includes mainland US?

https://hidot.hawaii.gov/coronavirus/

🤔 I'm thinking yes but...
Yes, this applies to everyone flying in to Hawaii, not just Canadians.

Actually, this announcement was made back in June, and (has been mentioned) was originally supposed to go into effect on August 1. The program has since been pushed back to September 1, and I expect (unfortunately) that it will be pushed back even further, based on how everything is progressing.

Even if it happens for Sept 1st (not looking great I'd say) as Canadians we still have the mandatory 14 day quaratine upon returning home. That is set to expire on August 31st, but I fully expect Trudeau to extend that again, probably til the end of 2020 at least.............

Even if it happens for Sept 1st (not looking great I'd say) as Canadians we still have the mandatory 14 day quaratine upon returning home. That is set to expire on August 31st, but I fully expect Trudeau to extend that again, probably til the end of 2020 at least.............

i doubt it. They will eventually make it so you need to quarantine until a negative covid test. So I expect them to extend it month by month

i doubt it. They will eventually make it so you need to quarantine until a negative covid test. So I expect them to extend it month by month
Yes true, but it varies by province how difficult/easy it is to get tested. In BC I've heard you can get tested if you are showing symptoms (ANY symptoms) but if you want a test done just to travel it will cost you like $250 per person (haha, read that on a Trip Advisor forum by the way so it could be wrong lol). Guess we'll see at the end of August how/when he extends it for.

Testing for travel isn't even available in some parts of Canada. You cannot just say you have symptoms to get the test, because they do actually follow up with those other symptoms and may require a second test in a few days if the first is negative. And then getting the test back promptly, so you can travel with results in hand, is another challenge altogether. Not to mention getting travel insurance right now is nearly impossible. And so, we wait... and I'm okay with that.

That said, aside from visiting family in Canada that we haven't been able to see, Aulani is top on our list of places to travel to once this is over. (Then Disneyland.)

No, it definitely does not include mainland U.S.

It probably includes Japan & other Pacific coast Asian countries.

I would have to agree with you. Trans Pacific typically includes Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea.

I would have to agree with you. Trans Pacific typically includes Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea.
Not correct.

Here is the exact language from the Hawaiian Airlines website:

"The state's pre-travel testing program has been delayed to now launch on Sept. 1, 2020. This will allow travelers arriving from the U.S. Mainland to be exempt from the 14-day quarantine by taking a valid COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to their flight and providing proof of a negative test result upon arrival. "

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/coronavirus
I feel quite confident this would not be on the Hawaiian Airlines website if those travelling from the U.S. mainland would still be subject to the 14-day quarantine. But YMMV.

Not correct.

Here is the exact language from the Hawaiian Airlines website:

"The state's pre-travel testing program has been delayed to now launch on Sept. 1, 2020. This will allow travelers arriving from the U.S. Mainland to be exempt from the 14-day quarantine by taking a valid COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to their flight and providing proof of a negative test result upon arrival. "

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/coronavirus
I feel quite confident this would not be on the Hawaiian Airlines website if those travelling from the U.S. mainland would still be subject to the 14-day quarantine. But YMMV.

I was only replying to the previous post that was discussing what Trans-Pacific typically means and I didn't mention anything about travel arriving from the mainland. I'm not sure what YMMV means but hopefully something nice? I'm hoping travel restrictions get lifted for everyone who is traveling all over the world when it is deemed safe :)

Very good chance 9/1 will not stand. Check that official site often. It changes daily. The inter-island quarantine does not meld with reopening transpacific travel. The hotel industry is being cautious before ramping up again. The governor delayed the August 1 reopening date with an announcement on July 13, and since then their situation has deteriorated further. Hotels are now moving cautiously expecting a repeat delay (it takes them 4 weeks to stock and prep for reopening). Long story short, make certain you have no penalties on potential cancellations (I lost $800 on my August trip myself).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter