No Sew Tie blanket?

MickeysMom

Earning My Ears
I hope nobody minds me asking here, but I read on a couple of posts about no sew tie blankets and would love to find out what these are and how to make them.

Hi Mickeysmom! I sent you an e-mail message with the instructions I copied from the Web site someone posted on another thread.

I made one for DS & it came out great! It took a LOT longer than I expected, though. DD helped me tie the fringe & decided she did "not want one after all" by the time we finished. ;)

Good luck with it. DS loves it & uses it all the time now.

d

Could you email me the instuctions also??

Here's a link from the Community Board with instructions and discussions. There are great graphics drawn by #1 Disney Fan on page 6 (not page 5, they are wrong). I've made 5 of them for Christmas presents and they were a great hit! Everybody loved them. They took me a very long time, maybe 2 or 3 hours each! :o :p But, then again, I'm not crafty!

Have fun!

Thanks for posting that link to the Community Board. After reading through all the posts and looking at the links and diagrams, I think I might have it figured out. I am going to try a tiny one tonight on scraps and see how it goes.

Candi

I just wanted to say that some of the directions I used said to cut the "fringe" to 1" width. That seemed kind of wide to me & wound up looking like bows, not fringe. Since I was making it for my DS (almost 21) I didn't think that would go over too well - too "girly". I ended up cutting them all in half & liked it much better. As someone mentioned on that thread - then you don't have to worry about having an even number either!

One other thing that wasn't clear to me with some of the directions . . . cutting it 3" smaller for each dimension means that the overall size of the smaller piece will be 6" smaller. The fringe is supposed to be 3" long.

d

Thank you so much for the information. I received your email and have checked out the links. I think I might try and make one for my DS who will be 17 next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter