Nomad Lounge and Walk Up List

Oh no that would be disappointing! We love getting drinks and apps there. They do have a walk up list you can join on the My Disney Experience app so maybe they just recently changed? I'll cross my fingers they are back to normal by my trip in May!
Yep, changed back to normal in Sept. And you can now also order off the full HBD restaurant menu. Or the lounge menu. I just researched it. LOL.

Oh no that would be disappointing! We love getting drinks and apps there. They do have a walk up list you can join on the My Disney Experience app so maybe they just recently changed? I'll cross my fingers they are back to normal by my trip in May!
Brown Derby Lounge started serving food again in September 2021.

I've been to both Nomad and HBD each trip last year. April, Sept. and Dec.

In April I was solo and got to Nomad Lounge about 10:30. Didn't have anything else to do so just sat and waited, was 2nd person in line (I was really first but a family with two kids sort of scooted in front of me and I didn't protest it). In Sept. I was there with my son, his SO and their 5 mo old daughter. The waited in line for FoP while I took the baby and went to get on the wait list, it was probably around 11:30. There wasn't a wait at the time but since I didn't know how long it was going to take them I just sat out front with the baby. After about 1/2 the hostess walked out to me and told me she would rather I take a table then sit on the curb with a baby so no wait list. In Dec. I got there around 11:30 and there was already a wait list, it was a hour wait but I could have sat at the bar right then. I gave her my number and walked around the Tree of Life trails and played with the puppets while I waited, it was probably a 45 min. wait. None of the times was the wait list on the app. active.

At HBD in April I just walked up and got a table right away. In Sept. we got on the wait list and were told it was a hour wait, it was probably about 30 min. In Dec. again wait list, again it was supposed to be a hour and it was about 30 min. In April they did not have the full lounge menu, in Sept. they did in Dec. you could order from the inside menu.

In the app just go to the Nomad Lounge page and there's an option for the walk up list. It may or may not be active.

View attachment 640390

ETA: When I tried this way it would tell me it was full, but I knew that couldn't be true because I had been on it literally right when the lounge opened. That's what I meant by "not active", not that the button wasn't there or didn't work. I think they hadn't actually opened the online list yet, probably because they had to process the line at the lounge first.
What time does the Lounge become available on the app?

If you’re happy to sit at the bar I’d say you’re in with a good shout. We joined the walk up list at 5:16 last Thursday and were called back at 5:21 and that was for a table.

One person, no cell phone... what do you think my chances are of walk-up?
If you are good sitting at the bar, I think very good most times during the day. Both times we went in August the wait was 30 minutes, but seats at the bar were available immediately. Both times there was one seat open next to us so a single could have been accommodated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter