Non-DVC WDW vacation

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
We are back from 8 nights at WDW - but not at DVC. We stayed 7 nights at POR and just wasn't ready to leave - so we moved to CR - north wing for one night. We had a great stay, but we really missed being in a villa! We went using an ap discount instead of DVC so that we wouldn't have to borrow points (still trying to recover after an extended family trip in 04). What did I miss the most? #1 - space to spread out #2 - the washer/dryer and #3 the kitchen. We packed light and therefore had to do laundry and I felt like I wasted a great deal of time walking to and from the laundry and waiting on it. Sure is easier to have it in the room. And even though I've never cooked a big meal in the villa - I sure did miss having a kitchen.
We tried Chef Mickey's for the first time this trip and had a great time there. We'll likely do this again! We were lucky enough to wake up Tinkerbell. We didn't get our hopes up, but were there about 10 minutes after park opening and were able to wake her. My 5 year old talked about it for days! Our only disappointments came from weather related cancellations. We waited until the last night for the parade & Wishes at MK and the parade was cancelled. By the time we sat there for an hour waiting and then being sad that it was cancelled - DH & kids were ready to leave. So I learned to not wait until late in the trip to do things you really want to do! The other lesson we learned this trip is to not catch the bus from DD Marketplace late in the evening. We left the marketplace about 11:00 p.m. and when the bus got to PI, we had to pick up the rudest, tackiest bunch of drunks. Their language was disgusting and their conversations were vulgar. Not to mention the ones still carrying their drinks and sloshing them over those of us on the bus. We used it as a teachable moment with our kids and tried to not let it ruin the magic of WDW. There were so many people on the bus with kids and the driver did all he could, but it was really a bad situation. So, I guess you live and learn and we will drive ourselves to DD in the future if we see we will be late. All in all, another great Disney vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter