Non-Existent Address?!

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
We are planning to do a quickie trip to Orlando (actually visiting Celebration), so we went through Priceline and got the Gaylord Palms. I am plotting out our route from the hotel to Celebration, but in all of the websites I have used (Mapquest, Lycos, etc.) the address of the hotel comes up as unknown!! It is: 6000 W. Osceola Parkway. It looks very easy to get there from the airport, but for Celebration I'd like to have directions in hand. Anyone know why that address wouldn't show or know of a nearby address I could use (maybe an adjecent hotel?).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

It's right there by the WDW gaes - exit 3 off Osceola Maybe. At a big intersection with signs showing celebration... Why address is unknown? It was initally going to be called Grande Ole Opry or something like that

Oh, now I know which one it is! I remember seeing the Grand Ol' Opry signs and then hearing that the name was changed. I have no idea why the address won't come up in Mapquest...I've never run into that before! I know it can't be too far from Celebration, since it is so near the WDW gates.
Barb

The address may be a brand new one on a brand new street. I opened a business 12 years ago and made up the address as One XXXXXXX, as it was the first building on the edge of town. The address stuck, the post office delievers mail, but I was out of luck when we went to web site for driving directions. Since this was not the official address, map quest etc. said unknown. It is now only causing problems because of these programs. My big mistake from 12 years ago - before internet!!!
The Gaylord Palms is very close to Disney and Celebration. It is actually the road right behind the Holiday Inn Family Suites if you know where that area is. It is the back entrance to WDW area near Epcot resort area and the Buana Vista Suites area. If you stay on I 4 you can see it from the road. It is very, very beautiful and classy. May I ask what the priceline price was? I have a convention there in May for $160 per night rate. I would love to try this for a weekend stay and save DVC points` What area and star did you bid? Thanks in advance for the help. We will be on the Wonder in 10 days...any messages for any of you friends aboard? You have been so helpful, would love to returnthe favor!

It sounds like that will be the same entrance we used when staying at the Marriott World Center.
On Priceline, I was actually hoping for the Swan or Dolphin...I bid $75 for a resort start level in the WDW area. There are great message boards at www.biddingfortravel.com that list the rates people are currently paying and the hotels they are getting. Although we would have liked the Dolphin or Swan, we weren't too fussy since this is just a quick weekend trip to visit Celebration...we may go check out the Osborn lights, but I don't have to worry about driving to the parks because the hotel has free transportation.
Barb

Niagara2,
I just realized that you said you are going on the Wonder very soon. If you happen to see Cruise Director Rick, please tell him we said hi! Also, please give our greetings to Karen the Assistant Hotel Director, Sasha on Cruise Staff, or Head Servers P.J. and Rita if you happen to see them...I'd send greetings to the captain, too, but I'm not sure which one is on the Wonder right now. We will be there on Thanksgiving weekend, and I can hardly wait.
Barb

Thanksgiving weekend - which cruise Barb??? I'll be on the 4 night on 12/01 or are you doing the 11/28?
You're not on my list because I guess you go too much :)

We're on the 28th (I sure wish we were on the 4 day!). I'll have to send our list for next year, but it's pretty obnoxiously long...7 on the Wonder and 1 on the Magic.
Barb

That's it - that's only 8 - there's 12 months :)

btw, I wanted the 28th (my b'day), but didn't want to spring for the "holiday" cruise (cheapskate) :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter