Northern Europe 11 day- is it worth it?

My_Pooh

Earning My Ears
We are thinking of taking the 11 day Northern European trip with our 2 DD (10 &14). It would be our 5th Disney cruise but first in Europe. Is it worth it? Did the kids have a good time? Any regrets? Thank you!

I haven't done Northern Europe, but my family did a Baltic cruise to/from Copenhagen and visiting Tallin, Stockholm, Helsinki, and St. Petersberg when my kids were 12 and 16. They both really enjoyed the cruise and the ports. They liked it better than the Mediterranean cruise we'd done 2 years earlier, because we didn't need long bus rides to get to "interesting" areas near the ports. If your family likes Disney cruises, I'd say a Northern European cruise would be a great way to expand your kids' understanding of other places while in a fun environment.

We took our DS on a B2B Norway/Iceland/Scotland DCL Magic cruise in 2015 when he was 7 years old and, yes, it was worth it! We all loved exploring the ports each day but having a home base to return to each afternoon/evening. My DS loved decompressing in the kids' club on sea days and in the evenings. IMHO, it's a great way to see a lot of Europe without the stress of driving and switching hotels - I found this especially helpful when traveling with children. My DS is now 15 years old and we are booked on the 11-night Northern Europe on the Dream - he is SO excited to go to the teen club this time. I'm also excited that we will be on the ship for so long so we can really settle in, relax and enjoy all the ship has to offer.

We did an 11 night Northern European last August that went to Norway, Iceland and Scotland. It was such a great trip. The sights are amazing. I'm sure you'd be able to find something at each port that your kids would enjoy.

So worth it! We have done two Med cruise, a Baltic cruise, Northern Europe with Iceland, and a Western Europe and are doing another Med cruise this summer with our kids. They have enjoyed every one of them! They have been various ages from 3 months to 16. All were great experiences. Enjoy your time with your family.

We are thinking of taking the 11 day Northern European trip with our 2 DD (10 &14). It would be our 5th Disney cruise but first in Europe. Is it worth it? Did the kids have a good time? Any regrets? Thank you!
We did this cruise last year. It was disappointing not going to Finland, Sweden and Russia, but it was the best cruise I've done. Iceland may edge it out by a bit. Your kids will love it. The GT prices they just dropped our really good. We booked a GT last year and this years is 1200 less.

When I saw the price I considered doing the cruise again, but we decided on the 12 night Holy land cruise on Odyssey of Seas instead. I doubt DCL will ever go to Israel or Turkey so no regrets not being on Disney.

I hope it's worth it, we are booked on it as well and taking our two girls who will be 12&14 (she turns 15 ON the cruise).

With two more Triton class ships on the way, plus the Global Dream, Disney will be expanding where they operate. Heck, they just added Australia for next winter.
I'm not willing to wait years for something I can do now.

Absolutely fair decision. Just saying that 4 or 5 years from now, Disney will be cruising to quite a few places that they haven't been to yet.
DCL tends to be pretty risk adverse and the middle east is hit or miss. Our last med cruise pulled out of Turkey due to the coup against Erdogan.

Our cruise is in May....fingers crossed it doesn't turn into a Greek Isles cruise. That being said, I haven't been to the Greek isles. I'm going to have a good time whatever happens.

Just reading your thread now but we are also booked on this cruise and my son will be turning 15 so looking forward to seeing you all!

We did a 12-day Baltic in 2015 which was one of our favourites (Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Russia, Estonia, Finland) - out of Dover. No children so I can't speak to that but one of the nice things about those ports is that, with the exception of Germany, all of the best things to see are right at the port. On Med cruises, you are always at least 2 hours away. So you don't have to get up insanely early, you can spend a reasonably good amount of time in the port to see what you want and still be back on the ship at a reasonable time to spend on deck, relaxing, and doing a few things before dinner.

Temperatures were also really good (we went in early July). About 22-25 celsius every day and sunny. It was warm enough to go to the ports in light clothing, though you did need a sweater when sitting on deck because it did get very cool with the breeze but you could walk around all day without dying from the heat or freezing.

We did a 12-day Baltic in 2015 which was one of our favourites (Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Russia, Estonia, Finland) - out of Dover. No children so I can't speak to that but one of the nice things about those ports is that, with the exception of Germany, all of the best things to see are right at the port. On Med cruises, you are always at least 2 hours away. So you don't have to get up insanely early, you can spend a reasonably good amount of time in the port to see what you want and still be back on the ship at a reasonable time to spend on deck, relaxing, and doing a few things before dinner.

Temperatures were also really good (we went in early July). About 22-25 celsius every day and sunny. It was warm enough to go to the ports in light clothing, though you did need a sweater when sitting on deck because it did get very cool with the breeze but you could walk around all day without dying from the heat or freezing.
That sounds awesome! Our ports of call will be (Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium). Learn something new everyday, I didn't know about Med cruises having things of interest 2 hours away from port... And the weather sounds absolutely perfect (especially given the avg temp across America this summer!).

We did this a few years ago, boarded in Copenhagen, Denmark; visited Norway, Iceland, Scotland, and disembarked at Dover, England.

There were six of us and we all LOVED it. Can't answer to how small children will handle a long cruise; the two youngest in our party were in their twenties. But to be fair, one child to the next will handle it differently. No saying how they will like it until you try it.

This is a cruise (or similar) I would highly recommend!!!

We've done Norway and two Baltic DCL cruises. All three were fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter