Not all that thrilled with the 50th tour....

two-foxes

DIS Veteran
In case some of you were planning on taking the 50th tour, here is a general review of my opinion of my tour in particular.....

We took the 6:00 pm Imagination to Celebration tour on 08/29. DH and I met up with our tour group right at the AAA booth on Main Street and we had 10 others in our group. It all started out great as we headed to get our photo taken, then to the Opera house for some Disney history and the 50th movie. It all slowly started going downhill from there (although never hit rock bottom :) ) Our tour guide was super friendly, although VERY easily distracted...to the point where she would begin to answer a question or begin a sentence, then get sidetracked by the crowds, other CM's and the 4 year old in our group and never finish what she was saying. Although, even when she did stay on track, the group only heard 3/4 of what she was saying because her microphone cut out for several seconds at a time regularly. She did her best to try to adjust it, but it continued through out the entire tour. Plus, the timing of the tour with the attractions just didn't make sense.....we headed up Main Street leaving the Opera House right as the Parade was headed around the flag pole area, so we had to wait for a break in the parade to cross, making sure our entire party stayed together. We first took on Buzz (we can never get enough of this ride!) Then we headed to POC (then BTM) through Adventureland/New Orleans Square during the final set up for Fantasmic, again fighting some of the thickest crowds in the park. There was no time to linger and enjoy some of the things she was trying to tell us about, which was a shame. Then, we had cut the time so close that when the RR was delayed just a few minutes from FL to the Main Street Station, our tour guide kept saying with her microphone on to the Conductor, "We need to make it back, we might not make it back for the fireworks. When are we leaving?"

I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get to learn much more about DL than I already knew, although we did learn some interesting personal things about Walt, discovered some hidden Mickeys and learned our tour guides entire work history from her beginnings at Nordy's :bitelip: (Someone in our group asked, but she gave us the long story....learning more about Walt and DLR would have been better ;) ) Don't get me wrong, the seats for the Fireworks show were good, and the pin and the E - ticket book was great, and heck, so were the snacks....I just could have done with out the two and a half hours in the beginning! All in all, it was just okay, and not worth the money, IMHO.

I am sorry you did not have a good experiance. How was the view of the fireworks?

JenJen said:
I am sorry you did not have a good experiance. How was the view of the fireworks?

The view was very good, although I would bet closer to the castle would be a bit better, but you couldn't beat the seats and no crowds where we were at!

Love the pic of your daughter.....we got there on the 28th and it was certainly an interesting sight to see! I heard the Snow White show was funny when a large group of Goths attended....poor Snow White got booed! I bet that threw everyone for a loop! :rotfl2:

Thanks we had fun on Bats Day! I am tempted to take the 50th tour just for the VIP firework seating becasue both my kids will not sit for hours thanks for the information

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter