Not feeling the Magic - need help planning please

webbmom

Mouseketeer
We leave in 26 days but we do not have all of our ADRs made yet. I am also second guessing the some of the ones I have made. THis is what I have
Day one Epcot 4:30 Garden Grill
Day two DHS 5:30 Maya Grill
Day three DHS 3:10 Si-Fi
Day four (?) 9:50a Cape May
Day five - seven Nothing and no plan.

We so need a realxing vacation and would like to spend some time enjoying the pools etc. I would like to go to AK early one day and stay late at MK one night.

We leave in 26 days but we do not have all of our ADRs made yet. I am also second guessing the some of the ones I have made. THis is what I have

We so need a realxing vacation and would like to spend some time enjoying the pools etc. I would like to go to AK early one day and stay late at MK one night.
Of your list, the only one I've been to is Maya Grill. In my opinion, it was excellent, great staff, great food, great decor. It did seem a bit quieter and more laid back than other dinners we went to as well and not nearly as busy (heck, I got a 6pm walk up during free dining ;))

The only thing that would concern me is the travel, while you can use the Disney bus system to get to your ADR, it's not what I would call convenient. If you have your own car (or rental) then you're golden.

On a whole, it looks like a solid plan so far.

What day were you planning on doing AK and MK? If you plan an early AK, maybe try for Tusker House for breakfast instead of Cape May. You could do a before the park opens ADR or a late morning one, so you could tour for awhile and then break for a brunch. If Tusker House is full, maybe head over to Boma for a late morning brunch on AK day.

Have fun!

The day that you decide to go to MK for a late night, I would take a mid-day break from the park, and go to the Poly for Ohana's for an early dinner. Relax by the beach outside (I looove to lay in the hammocks there, soaking in the sun!!!!!!) :beach:
You can even get a nice view of the fireworks from there, if you stay late enough.

Then, afterward, head back to MK for the late night enjoyment!

Are you having trouble getting reservations? We're going to be there around the same time and there are a few ADR's that I plan on canceling...I'd be willing to PM you the details and you could choose a few if you like. Let me know your exact dates...:thumbsup2

Are you having trouble getting reservations? We're going to be there around the same time and there are a few ADR's that I plan on canceling...I'd be willing to PM you the details and you could choose a few if you like. Let me know your exact dates...:thumbsup2

I am having trouble getting some of the ADRs that I want as well as coming up with a plan B. I will PM you thanks

We loved Garden Grill- the food was good, but I feel the character interaction at GG is among the best! Not rushed at all...plus with a 4:30 ADR you will be done in plenty of time to get in many rides and see the sights over in WS before getting a spot for Illuminations.

I agree that maybe instead of Cape May you could get an early Tusker House breakfast and then already be in AK for your early day.
I like your Sci-Fi time...good time for a late lunch/early dinner.
For your late MK day, you could maybe look into a early evening Crystal Palace ADR- say 4pmish. This way by the time you're done with dinner you can spend the rest of the evening riding the rides and stuff before Spectro and Wishes...

THanks Smithkids, I will try Crystal Palace. I have been trying Tusker house with no luck. earlest I can get it 11:30 which is not totally horriable but I was looking forward to the characters. How is the food there for lunch?

We picked Garden for the characters my son is in love with chip and dale.

THanks Smithkids, I will try Crystal Palace. I have been trying Tusker house with no luck. earlest I can get it 11:30 which is not totally horriable but I was looking forward to the characters. How is the food there for lunch?

We picked Garden for the characters my son is in love with chip and dale.

While I am sure many people love the food at Tusker House, it just personally wasn't our cup of tea (so to speak)- it will depend on how adventerous of eaters that your kids are- curried rice, tandorri chicken, hummus, etc...of course there is usual kid food like mac and cheese and nuggets, but if you are going to pay that price I personally would want something different. Again, just my opinion...:hippie:

I would want the Safari breakfast because it has Donald, but I think that is why it is so hard to get ADR (only meal offered with the duck...LOL!!) Maybe you can check here to see if anyone is giving up a TH breakfast adr, or just keep trying and keep your fingers crossed! LOL!!

Can you get an early breakfast at Ohana- that has Lilo and Stitch. Plus, you just can't beat the Kona coffe over at the Poly...Yumm!! You could have an early breakfast and then take bus from Poly to AK...:confused3 It will be a bit of a hike, but if you get Ohana early enough you may have time to be to AK by mid morning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter