Not happy with Mousekeeping...

Door tags used to be two-sided: do not disturb and please make up this room. If no sign is hung on check-out day, even though luggage is left in the room...that doesn't give a clear message to the trash person. You could be changing rooms or resorts. We learned a long time ago to leave the DND tag on ALWAYS...and make sure the door is double-locked if everyone is inside. We once had maintenance walk in on us because we did not hear them banging on the door...eerr...we were in a one bedroom...I think one of us was showering, the other lounging in the bedroom watching TV. They were pretty quick to enter the room before getting an answer.

Regarding rooms left really messy. if someone is renting points or staying as a cash guest....they don't really care about the condition they leave the room in if the "don't own a piece". I agree that it would be great if there was a check-list for in-coming/outgoing (there used to be). We've checked into rooms where frying pans were stolen, along with hair-dryer, oven mitts, pillows. Really ticks me off. And unfortunately I think DVC owners will see more of this in the future when more points are rented instead of used because of economic woes. Can't fault anyone for trying to make ends meet, but wish DVC had a better "check-up" policy regarding what is missing from rooms, along with "smoke smell"...and fine the owner accordingly.

The other side says "housekeeping needed" or something like that. I've used that when I leave.

I think those were changed at some point b/c in all our stays this year at AKV, SSR, BWV & VWL both sides of the tag say DND.

Well the morning at the park went extremely well... but when we got to our room mousekeeping had already been there and emptied our fridge (excluding beer and water) and threw out our bread, cold cuts and snacks for the plane, and took all the garbage away! :scared1:!!

:thumbsup2 Some of the maids at BLT are extremely aggressive. Our last stay on the day of check out our maid sat in the hallway (across from our door) and waited for us to pack and leave the room giving us the stink eye each time we walked by. Which would be reasonable if we were running late but this was 8 in the morning. I was getting real upset. Housekeeping at BLT needs a management change! (yes i know the CR supplies the maids but that was beyond rude)

Did not leave DND sign on door... didn't think we needed to since check out is at 11!! Lesson learned!

Next time, put the sign on the door.

A few stays with housekeeping showing up at 8 AM on the last day (and this is not even at the same resort each time) convinced me to put the sign on the door. They are FAST. It is not unusual for them to show up before 9.

Next time, put the sign on the door.

A few stays with housekeeping showing up at 8 AM on the last day (and this is not even at the same resort each time) convinced me to put the sign on the door. They are FAST. It is not unusual for them to show up before 9.

We leave our sign up 24/7.

:earsboy: Bill

Sorry that happened, OP! What a rotten surprise. Glad you got an apology on the phone, at least.

It seems like the Mousekeeping staff at BLT has this problem. We had the same exact experience last December, except the discarded items were my my daughter's wedding cake, crystal cuffs, floral bouquet and a couple of other things.

Here is my post about the subject:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2614261

The mousekeeping adventure starts at post #83, but the part before that was a lot more enjoyable.

We spoke to everyone we could find, sent letters, called various peole after we got home, spoke with DVC brass, etc. After a few months of discussions, we received a small monetary credit for my daughters next visit and a new cake top which they could not ship home...... but never an apology or any admission of wrongdoing by the mousekeeping staff.

Hard to believe it is almost a year ago............

mac_tlc

Augh....

Courtyard Marriott housekeeping was in the process of throwing away all of the leftover cake from our wedding, when DH walked in.

We had rented two suites; one for me a few days before the wedding, and one for him for the 2 nights before the wedding. We actually stayed at a completely different place for the wedding night, but had late checkout put on both of our suites. My aunt stayed in mine; hubby's was empty of people, but had all the tuxes there, and of course the fridge was FULL of cake.

When he walked in, he just about fainted (that cake was expensive and delicious, and there was a lot of it leftover). Got her to stop, sent her away, called management immediately.

We ended up getting a free weekend wheenver we wanted it, got them to supply us with a new cake top for our anniversary (chose to not get it from our baker as she was great but a pain in the rear, and a more local bakery had just as good of a reputation for making tasty cakes), and a refund for DH's suite.

And we actually did have cake that wasn't put into the garbage can!

It's nearly impossible for me to fathom Disney not doing something even bigger for your daughter, considering they threw it ALL away.

We also leave everything very neat on our departure day....all towels in tub, bed unmade, but, covers left down so it's obvious it has been used....also if we use the sleep sofa we do leave that out with blanket neatly folded. The last thing we do is load and start the dishwasher and we do also take our trash to the trash room (which we do every morning anyway). Another poster mentioned something about not understanding how floors could be disgusting.....well, when we checked in at BWV this past Oct.....the bath floor was disgusting.....and obviously housekeeping very blindly either didn't notice or didn't care.....quite obviously the people who used the room (1 bdrm) before us must have had children with them because the floor around the pedestal sink and the sink base (about 18 inches up the base actually) and the wall next to the sink were completely splashed and spotted with some type of reddish pink stuff (think Koolaid or fruit punch)....the entire floor had a sticky feel to it....not obvious spills, but, not cleaned well either....but around the base of sink and the wall were indeed "disgusting" and the kitchen floor also had a very non-clean sticky feel to it.......it appeared to me that maybe the mop that used to quickly wipe the bath floor was then used on the kitchen and redeposited the sticky feel there also......it was not very pleasant upon check-in....also, while we were at BVW we walked by one of the GV's which had just been vacated.....several housekeepers were standing at the door and we overheard one say "Oh this is disgusting....awful.....did you call a manager"? to another housekeeper....as we walked by one of them pushed the door closed a bit more so we couldn't see into the room....so yes I do believe some people really do leave the rooms disgusting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter