Not So Scary Halloween

rlwaggoner

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been to the Not So Scary Halloween night in the past 2-3 years? If yes, was it worth the $, are all the rides open, do you need a costume, any other thoughts on the subject??

We went in 1999. We did not think it was worthwhile, but we seem to be in the minority. It was much more crowded than we had anticipated (think non-EE morning), and a lot of the crowd appeared to be unsupervised adolescents who did a lot of unwarranted pushing and shoving. The little kids we had in our party only got to ride a couple of rides (and that particular Dumbo wait was the longest we've EVER waited for Dumbo in 3 trips to WDW). Our kids were also very disappointed at the lack of characters and candy. They each got a few SweetTarts, a couple of Butterfinger BBs and a miniature Nestle's Crunch (bite size) bar. The youngest of the ones in the party (we had a couple of families together) were scared by the spooky music and the parade. The older ones really enjoyed seeing the Wicked Witch fly from the castle before the fireworks. Not all the rides were open. I'd say about 1/2 were open. Overall we thought it was not at all a decent value for the money and would rather have spent the $$ on tickets to Blizzard Beach or a good character meal or two. Again, though, we are in the minority and I completely respect that everyone has their own opinion!!!

No costumes are required, but nearly all the kids and at least half the adults dressed up. The key is to make sure your kids can move freely and that you can move freely enough to chase them (if you have kids)! Ha ha!

Have a great time if you do decide to go!!

I took my 2 dd's (then 4 and 6) 2 years ago. Also along were my dh, my 2 sisters, one BIL and a friend. We all loved it. My daughters were in costume (Tinkerbell and Belle). We loved the parade , especially the Poohs dressed as ghosts.

We were disappointed in the candy but the rest of the night overshadowed that. We found many characters on the side streets to Main St. We have many pics. Also the yr we went the whole group got a free 5x7 photo (per adult or couple) that was taken and later shipped to each of the houses.

My MIL just announced we wants to take my family to Disney this month 10/18 to 10/22. I will be getting the Halloween tickets again.

Thank you for your input. Bought tickets today and will be there 10/18 with DW & 3 DD's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter