Not sure what to do

rramsr

Mouseketeer
Hi all, we cruised for our first time ever this past August on Disney's Dream 3 nights. We want to cruise again but Disney's price tag is just outrageous for a 4 night or more when I can get an alternate cruise line for more than 1/2 the cost. I am looking on RC but not sure what ship is the best, 2 adults, 2 kids 10,7. Thanks in advance for any help

Hi all, we cruised for our first time ever this past August on Disney's Dream 3 nights. We want to cruise again but Disney's price tag is just outrageous for a 4 night or more when I can get an alternate cruise line for more than 1/2 the cost. I am looking on RC but not sure what ship is the best, 2 adults, 2 kids 10,7. Thanks in advance for any help
The "best" will vary. Here's what I would do...

1) Figure out when I want to sail (if that's an issue)
2) Figure out where I want to sail FROM (if that's an issue)
3) Figure out where I want to sail TO (if that's an issue)

Once I have any of those three pieces of information, I can see which ships RC has that fills those roles. Then I can look at the amenities of each ship... skating rink? Mini golf? Flow rider? Zip line? Shows? Basketball court? Pools? Movies? Food?

you might check out the Wonder out of Miami. We found it much cheaper than the Dream. For RCCL, I think the Liberty is a very nice ship and offers Dreamworks characters. Liberty or Independence (sister ship) offer 4-5 day cruises. We sailed at Christmas and found it perfectly fine. My kids loved the pizza parlor, playing putt-putt, and watching the ice skating show. We did miss the movie theater on the Dream, though. We took 6 persons for $2400 during the holidays!

DH & I sailed on Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral in February. They had rock climbing wall, flowrider, mini golf, ice skating, splash pad type kids pool area. They also had a little pizza place (complimentary). They had a Johnny Rockets (I think it was a $5 cover charge).

The "best" will vary. Here's what I would do...

1) Figure out when I want to sail (if that's an issue)
2) Figure out where I want to sail FROM (if that's an issue)
3) Figure out where I want to sail TO (if that's an issue)

Once I have any of those three pieces of information, I can see which ships RC has that fills those roles. Then I can look at the amenities of each ship... skating rink? Mini golf? Flow rider? Zip line? Shows? Basketball court? Pools? Movies? Food?

I think this is a good approach. I'll also add, figure out how long you want to sail. Most of the RCL ships are similar to one another, especially the newer ones. I personally have stuck with the newer ones.

Oasis Class - Oasis and Allure - Biggest and newest (for now) ships and lots a activities. Also come with a slightly higher cost.

Freedom Class - Independence, Liberty, and Freedom - 2nd biggest, but still lots to do.

Voyager Class - Mariner, Navigator, Explorer, Voyager, and Adventure - Next size below Freedom class.

All of these classes have the Royal Promenade, and are similar is design IMO. HTH

I would look at the Freedom class or the Quantum class if you are looking to save money over Disney. The Oasis class is also nice, but depending on when you go, the prices start approaching Disney.

Also, depending on your family and where you live, you may want to consider ships such as the Norwegian Breakaway.

Thank you all for your responses

looking for end of August 2015. Most likely out of PC.

Length anywhere from 4-7 nights will do,

2 adults, 2 kids 10 and 7 at time of sailing

Thinking of Eastern or Western Caribbean

Thanks

Thank you all for your responses

looking for end of August 2015. Most likely out of PC.

Length anywhere from 4-7 nights will do,

2 adults, 2 kids 10 and 7 at time of sailing

Thinking of Eastern or Western Caribbean

Thanks

Freedom of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) would work great then. They do both an Eastern and Western itinerary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter