ManicPixieDust

Earning My Ears
My fiancé and I currently have an offer accepted on a resale contract and are awaiting ROFR outcome. Magic Vacation Title have informed us that we will need to get documents notarized. We are looking for recommendations. We were wondering whether there was a UK-based notarization service that are familiar with DVC? Perhaps there are other UK-based resale buyers on here that can share their experience. Thanks!

*UPDATE* We got back in touch with our rep - they clarified that notarization is not required from us as a buyer.

Last edited:
We're from Canada and we just went with a notary familiar with real estate. For what they're doing, they don't really need to understand the ins and outs of DVC. We had no issues at all as they understand the general premise of timeshare but they're really just playing a notary role (not a contract law role). So in our case, a notary from a local real estate law office worked fine.

We're from Canada and we just went with a notary familiar with real estate. For what they're doing, they don't really need to understand the ins and outs of DVC. We had no issues at all as they understand the general premise of timeshare but they're really just playing a notary role (not a contract law role). So in our case, a notary from a local real estate law office worked fine.
That’s great to know. Thanks for sharing your experience! We’ll perhaps ask our solicitor that assisted with our home purchase.

Unless you are financing or buying Aulani, you should not need documents notarised as a buyer internationally.
That’s good to know! Our rep recently emailed the following: ‘your closing documents will need notarization so it may be wise to organize that ahead of time’

We are not buying AUL or financing so we’ll get back in touch with our rep to see if they can clarify further. Thanks!

That is a great place to start! Hoping yours goes as smoothly as ours :)
Which title company did you use? We were not clued up on the title company situation so we just steamrolled ahead with Magic Vacation Title since they were the default. They don’t seem to get a good write-up on here but I’m hopeful it’ll be a smooth process.

Which title company did you use? We were not clued up on the title company situation so we just steamrolled ahead with Magic Vacation Title since they were the default. They don’t seem to get a good write-up on here but I’m hopeful it’ll be a smooth process.
Mason Title.

I’m Canadian and also used Mason Title, but didn’t have to have anything notarized for my DVC purchase! Interesting.

How absolutely bizarre. A buyer’s proof that they’re for real is that they send over a gigantic sum of money to the title company. It’s the seller who needs to prove that they have the legal right to make the transaction.

Is there even a spot to notarize on the document?

I’m Canadian and also used Mason Title, but didn’t have to have anything notarized for my DVC purchase! Interesting.
Not for a purchase, but when you sell points (resale) you will need a notary. We have not required a notary for purchase, only when selling a contract.

I'm in the UK and have purchased 3 resale contract's, we have never needed to get them notarized, this is for selling a contract not purchasing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter