Nothing Can Stop Us Now! The End! Well almost, quick recap of Jan 22 trip! Update on April trip 4/21*

Oh my goodness, I really don't even know how you did that That is quite the walk on a bum ankle!
It really was and I think it may have hindered my healing a little!
I love that Hagrid's. I'd love to take my kids back to UO specifically to ride it!
There is certain areas at Universal that I love so much and The HP areas are my favorite and this ride is spectacular!
Ummmm….HELLO!! ME!! I've loved him ever sine Shakespeare in Love! That is one of my all time favorite movies nd if you haven't watched it, you MUST do so now!
Oh my gosh I have to watch this. He is such a good actor!
Also, I couldn't even make it through season 1 of The Handmaid's Tale…it was too depressing to watch. I read the book so I already know what's going to happen but watching it was just too gloomy and somber.
I get it. I almost quit watching and the acting was so awesome I couldn’t stop or look away, haha 😂 a big rabbit hole I jumped into and just couldn’t get out. I have to say the 4th season at the end was a little disappointing and very weird!
Yes, you should have! If my MOM can drive one, then anyone can!
I know, never again will I hesitate if one is needed!
I'm so sorry. I know how it feels to have a less that healthy trip. I hope you're on the mend?
I am back to walking about 2.5 miles a day and very little to no pain. I sure hope it stays this way! Overall much better, Thanks for asking!

When do you think you will travel down to Florida again? I miss your prop pictures on Splash Mountain :rotfl:
I really am not sure. Elle (oldest DD) is owed a graduation (B.Ed.) trip there. So hopefully this summer. But not really sure.
I love living so close to Lake Superior. I often sit in my car at the water’s edge and just take it all in!
That sounds wonderful. I live fairly close to the water too.... but... it's the Red River and it looks like... well... muck. Not a very picturesque river at all.

I am back to walking about 2.5 miles a day and very little to no pain. I sure hope it stays this way! Overall much better, Thanks for asking!

Thank goodness!

Now go watch Shakespeare in Love! It's on HBO Max or rent it from Prime Video :goodvibes

I was glad I did. Andi has a subtle way of steering me away from things I want to do, not this time! She actually loved it 😍

My family does the same thing to me. I have to put my foot down occasionally.

Once you start watching it is a rabbit hole you can’t get out of!

I read the book so I really need to see the show.

Thanks so much for joining in, so nice to have you here!

I really enjoy your reports and it was great getting to know you here.

Now go watch Shakespeare in Love! It's on HBO Max or rent it from Prime Video
I have HBO max and I plan to watch this weekend!
My family does the same thing to me. I have to put my foot down occasionally.
Of course and we do all the planning and in my case I pay for everything lol
I really enjoy your reports and it was great getting to know you here.
Me too! I hope we can meet up at Disney one day and I also hope you write a report for your upcoming trip!

Join me for Resort Roulette!

Hello Everyone 👋

I wanted to add a post about our upcoming trip. Andi and I will be traveling to Florida on 12/1/21 and staying until 12/7/21.
When I started to plan for this trip, there literally was ver few resort options available.
I was disappointed at the time and booked The Swan Reserve at Disney and Portofino Bay at Universal Orlando.
I was all set, except as time went on resorts starting opening up, what is a girl to do:confused3
Well, she starts to play resort roulette and book many different resorts :surfweb:
Now I want you all to pick which resort you believe we ended up with!:poop:
Here are the resorts in the running
Swan Reserve
IMG_Nov212021at90558AM.jpg
Pop Century preferred room
IMG_Nov212021at90727AM.jpg
Polynesian Village Resort, standard room
IMG_Nov212021at90652AM.jpg
French Quarter, garden view

IMG_Nov212021at90858AM.jpg
I will let you know which one I ultimately decided on. My friends Karamie and Lesley got numerous texts about all the changes I made, lol 😆

What I didn’t change is our first couple nights at Portofino Bay Resort. We got an awesome AP rate for this resort. Disney needs to take some advice from Universal on how to treat your AP holders! Disney’s AP rates for rooms now is absolutely dismal. Hardly any at all! Ugh 😩
Portofino Bay
IMG_Nov212021at91222AM.jpg
Our plan is to arrive around 1pm on 12/1/21, we will take an Uber to Universal and check in
We will get our express pass, check our luggage (room will likely not be ready), and head to the parks. We will need to eat something. I am hoping for a snack on Citywalk before we head into the park.
We, of course, have to hit up Diagon Alley, the AP lounge, and ET. Some of my favorites!
IMG_Nov212021at91401AM.jpg

IMG_Nov212021at91457AM.jpg

We do have a reservation for our second night at Bice, this is an Italian restaurant at our resort. The menu looks very good and it does get really good reviews.
I don’t have a reservation for our first night yet. I am thinking the Mexican place Antojitos with the delicious margaritas maybe a choice. I will definitely order a different entree. The chips, salsa, and margaritas are what will daw us back.
I will definitely be picking up Vodoo donuts and the macarons at Toothsome’s. I love these macarons! Thanks to my wonderful dis friend Ariane for reviewing these. I have been hooked on these now! These are so good and will be my treat for the rest of the trip!
IMG_Nov212021at91557AM.jpg

IMG_Nov212021at91709AM.jpg

We plan on watching the Macy’s Christmas Parade and taking in all the wonderful Christmas decorations.

IMG_Nov212021at95302AM.jpg

I do want to have a distance meet and greet with The Grinch! I really want to try the warm butter beer this trip!:drinking1
Andi will hit all her favorite thrill rides while mom waits safely on the ground!:rotfl:
I hope to meet up for a quick hello with the famous Carole, from the Universal boards, and her husband Tom. I have been reading Carole’s reports for years now and love them.
I am so excited for this trip, my ankle is good now and we plan to have so much fun!
Stay tuned for my Disney days coming up soon and the resort I picked for the Disney stay!
Thanks google for some of the pictures

Join me for Resort Roulette!
:laughing: Okay!
Andi and I will be traveling to Florida on 12/1/21
Whoa! That's coming up really soon!!
except as time went on resorts starting opening up, what is a girl to do:confused3
Well, she starts to play resort roulette and book many different resorts :surfweb:
::yes::
I'm gonna pick.... POFQ.
What I didn’t change is our first couple nights at Portofino Bay Resort. We got an awesome AP rate for this resort. Disney needs to take some advice from Universal on how to treat your AP holders! Disney’s AP rates for rooms now is absolutely dismal. Hardly any at all! Ugh 😩
:sad2:
Yeah... Uni is definitely drawing Disney guests away, I think.
Not enough to put much of a dent into the juggernaut that is Disney, but...
I really want to try the warm butter beer this trip!:drinking1
Oh! Yes! I do too!
my ankle is good now
That's great!! :)

Ooh I'm first to play resort roulette woohoo! Amazing what being housebound can do for a body-I'm all caught up on the dis reports and then some lol
I'm going to guess you picked the poly so you'd have monorail access to 2 parks though I am wavering between it and Swan Reserve as it allows you to walk to 2 parks :confused3 Can you tell I'm decisive :rotfl:
Ok Poly it is!

We paid under $30 to get over to Universal. I really like the convenience of Lyft and I have never found it very expensive

Okay! Good! I have to Lyft to WDW from Uni twice (well 4 times, I guess) which will add, but I went with a value resort over there, so in the end would be less than what I would have spend ANYWHERE at Disney.
Andi says it is very smooth, still can’t convince me

I have Express Pass so I'll see.

It is very good and lots of outdoor seating

I wanted to eat there last time, so will see...

This was the best margarita I have ever had, yum!!

I think I'll aim for there!

yes a pineapple one it complimented the jalapeño margarita

Mmmm!!!!
You have to go out on the web to a separate area, not on the app, which is weird. There are directions on the app to follow!

Okay, that is so weird!!

I remember you keeping it real and talking about it. i know what you mean now!

It super sucked, but as they say, the worst day at Disney is better than the best day at work.

Thanks to my wonderful dis friend Ariane for reviewing these. I have been hooked on these now! These are so good and will be my treat for the rest of the trip!
You are very welcome! I wanted to get some so bad last week when I was there but the day was SO full I had no time for CityWalk :sad: I should be back in March though and that will be my first stop. Eat a few for me!
We plan on watching the Macy’s Christmas Parade and taking in all the wonderful Christmas decorations.
I truly LOVE this parade so much. They also changed the lights on the tree this year and it's so pretty!
I do want to have a distance meet and greet with The Grinch!
Last week some of the characters were actually doing non-distanced meets for those who were ok with it :thumbsup2 Beetlejuice and Grinch included!

Oh no it is awful! How are you doing? I’m sorry you have to deal with this. My came out of nowhere!
I am okay...it is a constant ache and my ankle makes a weird popping sound. I have to be careful with the shoes I wear. I just had my second shockwave treatment and have one more to do. Plus I am icing it and stretching. Hopefully it will be better soon.
I really am not sure. Elle (oldest DD) is owed a graduation (B.Ed.) trip there. So hopefully this summer. But not really sure.
Keeping fingers crossed that you get back soon!
Now I want you all to pick which resort you believe we ended up with!:poop:
My vote is either the Poly or POFQ.
From what I hearing, Universal is upping the game on customer service all around. Disney still has my heart but there are some poor decisions being made these days.

So many great resorts to pick from.

I'm going to go with the Poly. It just so lush.

Great plans for your Uni time. Danielle just crossed over to the dark side and got an annual pass there. I think that's where she will be on Thanksgiving or the day after.

Looking forward to your Disney plans.

Whoa! That's coming up really soon!!
I know, even closer now!
I'm gonna pick.... POFQ.
Ding Ding Ding, winner winner chicken dinner! You are correct sir! I owe you a drink!
Yeah... Uni is definitely drawing Disney guests away, I think.
Not enough to put much of a dent into the juggernaut that is Disney, but...
Disney is so darn expensive now, it is hard to go as often as we did before.
Makes me sad!
Oh! Yes! I do too!
I’m excited for the hot version of the butter beer, yum!

Ooh I'm first to play resort roulette woohoo! Amazing what being housebound can do for a body-I'm all caught up on the dis reports and then some lol
I'm going to guess you picked the poly so you'd have monorail access to 2 parks though I am wavering between it and Swan Reserve as it allows you to walk to 2 parks :confused3 Can you tell I'm decisive :rotfl:
Ok Poly it is!
The little things we look forward to when we are trapped indoors on quarantine :rotfl:
I love all your reasons for choosing the Poly but at 745.00 a night I had to pass. I also passed on the Reserve after reading how many peoples reservations were just canceled at the last minute:( I think it was not quite ready but I didn’t want that to happen to us!
We went with POFQ, we love it there and our last visit there was a couple years ago! Plus I want Mickey Beignets, yum!

Okay! Good! I have to Lyft to WDW from Uni twice (well 4 times, I guess) which will add, but I went with a value resort over there, so in the end would be less than what I would have spend ANYWHERE at Disney.
I think it works great and we have done it numerous times now!
have Express Pass so I'll see.
Yay, we do too for this upcoming trip! Right now Velocicoaster is not included in the express pass but if you go in at opening it is a short wait!
I wanted to eat there last time, so will see...
It is a really good pizza for the price and I loved the outdoor patio eating area
It super sucked, but as they say, the worst day at Disney is better than the best day at work.
I agree with you so much on that one!!
You are very welcome! I wanted to get some so bad last week when I was there but the day was SO full I had no time for CityWalk
I didn’t get any in August and it is a must this trip, which is your favorite?. I have a hard time choosing. I love the tiramisu and birthday cake ones the best I think, 😆 they are all so good!
I truly LOVE this parade so much. They also changed the lights on the tree this year and it's so pretty!
The tree is huge there. I’m so excited to see it. We have never been in early December so I am very excited!
Last week some of the characters were actually doing non-distanced meets for those who were ok with it :thumbsup2 Beetlejuice and Grinch included!
Very cool, Grinch is so much fun to interact with!
I am okay...it is a constant ache and my ankle makes a weird popping sound. I have to be careful with the shoes I wear. I just had my second shockwave treatment and have one more to do. Plus I am icing it and stretching. Hopefully it will be better soon.
Mine is still not like it was before I developed the tendinitis but it is 90% better, honestly nothing really helped other than time for me, ugh! I hope yours get better soon!
Keeping fingers crossed that you get back soon!
I sure hope @pkondz gets back soon, I love his reports, very interactive!
My vote is either the Poly or POFQ.
FQ it is and we are so excited. I would have loved the Poly, it was 745 dollars a night for a standard, yikes. I remember paying 250 a night with the August deal we used to get! Wow the cost is crazy now!
From what I hearing, Universal is upping the game on customer service all around. Disney still has my heart but there are some poor decisions being made these days
Our Deluxe room with the express pass at Universal was less than 250 a night, can’t beat that! Disney has been making me sad these past few months with the price gouging just crazy!

So many great resorts to pick from.

I'm going to go with the Poly. It just so lush.

Great plans for your Uni time. Danielle just crossed over to the dark side and got an annual pass there. I think that's where she will be on Thanksgiving or the day after.

Looking forward to your Disney plans.
Haha 😂 another Poly guess. I had it booked for a few days and told myself you can’t justify that price! I really would have loved to stay there but wow to expensive!
We love the dark side, it isn’t quite a Disney love but we are very fond of it! The decorations at Uni look so awesome this year , I can’t wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter