Notification of Park Closure?

nyfinfan

DIS Veteran
Hi All. We just arrived yesterday and had a blast today at the MK. I'm assuming that if Jeanne doesn't turn by Sunday that the Parks will be closed but Im wondering what they did with Frances. Was the announcement put at the front of the hold recording when you call up? Also, how were you able to find out when they were re-opening if you are staying off-site as we are? Thanks for any help.

I wasn't there but many people's trip reports said they left notes under their doors and left messages on their phones. I'm sure someone who was there will respond though too. Stay Safe!

While down during Charley, WDW did an excellent job of keeping guests informed. We stayed at ASMo and when we returned from MK on Thurs (Charley was comin' Friday), we had a message on the phone waiting for us. So, check your phone to see if your message light is blinking. It should also be on your TV.... If the parks are going to close, you will definately know about it....thru phone or tv!!

SORRY--didn't realize you were staying OFF-SITE! well then, that's another story....... i would call your front desk and check your TV....sometimes they have the "running message" along the bottom...but, your front desk will probably be your best bet....Have fun!

we were at Wl during Frances wfor park closings we had a note under the door and it was on one of the TV stations that lists the park hours for the day I think like channel 19.... We did have phone messages but I do not rememeber one for park hours it was for other things like pulling in chairs/flashlights resort restraunt hours/pool hours etc..... Hope this helps we leave tomorrow AM for disney.. Don;t worry they do an awesone job That is why we choose to Ebacuate to them all the time our kids are use to it and I know that my kids willhave food water shelter......

We was there during Charley and it was announced on the news what parks were open and what hours.

Offsite the tv and radio will be your quickest source of news, or call them locally....Front desk will probably have info also, but no faster than the tv has it. The tv stations in Orlando pretty much cover non-stop hurricane coverage if there is one in the state, so you should have no trouble with current info...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter