November 2007 Code Watch

Nov 3-7. Have AAA rate at BWI & tried calling several times for AP rate. I decided to be happy with my AAA rate.:yay: I could have gotten POR or CBR, but wanted deluxe & Epcot resort. From looking at other post haven't seen deluxe AP during that time.

I'm trying to apply the annual passholder rates to November 5-9.

CM is telling me that no annual pass rates can be used for that week???

Anyone else encounter this?

Anita

I got 8 to 13 at Pop. I couldn't get the dining card as that required a check in on the 11th and I didn't want to make 2 reservations for $20.

Okay, so it has been a crazy codes day. I had my mom call for me (she is traveling with us) as I had to be at work at 7. She said the codes weren't up at 7 so the CM told her to call back every 15 minutes. At 7:20 she got through and the nicest CM took the time to look at all the options. After about an hour they figured it out. We were originally booked at POP 11/18 to 11/24. POP wasn't available for those dates with the code. No Values were at the time (although I'll keep checking back). So, my mom decided that we should move to CSR and it'll cost us 100 bucks more for the trip. So, I'm trying to pretend I originally booked CSR to tell myself I'm saving money (because I would be). But, it's killing me that I am paying more in the end...even if it is a move to a mod. I had in mind that I would be paying less, not more. Oh well. I'm sure it'll be fine. Any thoughts?

Just checked on line for that very reason - did a mod (CBR water view) and CR Garden View...

Of course, AP rates are room only and the others are a pkg, but the one day base tkt can be saved and used toward an AP renewal or toward any tkt upgrade.

So, based on that..CBR AP came out to about $135 a ngt. CBR with a pkg code came out to about $127 a night, after deducting the cost of 2 one day base tkts. Make sense?

CR was not as good a discount - $287 a nght with code (minus tkts) and $264 a nght with AP.

So, it relaly depends on the Resort and the savings is not signifcant...neverhteless, it is a bit disappointing that the general public would get even a slightly better rate than AP holders.

Am glad when anyone gets a discount!:flower3:

Thanks for the info.:thumbsup2

Well after going thru the AAA agent and not being able to get anything, they said there was nothin gleft for our dates our children were sighing a sighof relief. All along they were hoping we could not upgrade to a moderate because they love the POP so much and they were afraid we would not be able to stay there. I was so looking forward to sleeping in a queen size bed instead of a full size bed.
Michele

I didn't even think of checking the website until I read about people doing that on this board. I decided to play around with it tonight, and it is down!

I wish I could do it the easy way online but since I already had a ressie, I had to call and go through switching everything.

I'm on hold right now and had to switch from Movies to Sports but I am saving $263 :cool1:

I didn't even think of checking the website until I read about people doing that on this board. I decided to play around with it tonight, and it is down!

I could never figure out where to put in the code to get the discount on the website.:confused3 :surfweb:

I could never figure out where to put in the code to get the discount on the website.:confused3 :surfweb:

I have a ressie, too. I was just going to play around with it. I finally got on the site, but now I can't figure out where to put a code in either.

And I thought the phone lines closed at 7pm! I just tried to call, but got the "wait times will be longer" spiel!

Well after going thru the AAA agent and not being able to get anything, they said there was nothin gleft for our dates our children were sighing a sighof relief. All along they were hoping we could not upgrade to a moderate because they love the POP so much and they were afraid we would not be able to stay there. I was so looking forward to sleeping in a queen size bed instead of a full size bed.
Michele

Good thing you didn't get upgraded. You would have been so disappointed to find full size beds in the moderates. You need to go deluxe to get a queen. Have fun at Pop!

Now if ONLY the Airlines will sync up with WDW and offer cheap airfares at the same time as WDW offers codes...THAT WOULD BE A REAL DREAM!

In order to see the code rates, you have to access the reservation system through the "special offers" link on the website. (Click on tickets and reservations and then on special offers on the left side. go from there). Alternatively, there's a direct link on the disneyworld main page right now (the cute pic of the little boys in the teacup). Going this way is the only way to see the discount availability.

Good luck.

Hubby just got of with CM after only fifteen minutes on hold. We were able to use the code to get a package at Coronado Springs for cheaper than Pop Century. Had to get refund for deposit on Pop reservation and put a new deposit down but no biggy! Getting a moderate for cheaper than a value is sooo worth it. Didnt commit to the dining package, great deal but way too much food for my family.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks so much for your great tips everyone!

Hubby just got of with CM after only fifteen minutes on hold. We were able to use the code to get a package at Coronado Springs for cheaper than Pop Century. Had to get refund for deposit on Pop reservation and put a new deposit down but no biggy! Getting a moderate for cheaper than a value is sooo worth it. Didnt commit to the dining package, great deal but way too much food for my family.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks so much for your great tips everyone!

It makes no sense. I just stayed on hold for 30 minutes to hear that they are undergoing "system enhancements."

In order to see the code rates, you have to access the reservation system through the "special offers" link on the website. (Click on tickets and reservations and then on special offers on the left side. go from there). Alternatively, there's a direct link on the disneyworld main page right now (the cute pic of the little boys in the teacup). Going this way is the only way to see the discount availability.

Good luck.

THANKS;)

Good luck.

I still don't see where you put in a code unless the offer is the same for general public and visa so a code is not needed.:confused3

Good luck.

Thanks. I'm playing around on the website, and I get availability at Sports for $319 less than my current Pop package, and at CBR and CSR for $3 less. But the one time I got through to a cm, after being on hold all morning, I was told I was in a blackout period. The other 2 times I've called the computers were down. I'm going to try again in the morning with the website info in front of me.

I just booked CSR for Nov with the AP rate. I know that you have to have the AP when you actually check in. We have the voucher for our AP, is that enough to check into the resort and still get the AP rate, or do we have to trade in the voucher and actually get the AP first? We will probably be getting in really late (like after 9p or 10p) and I am not sure we will be able to get the voucher exchanged before we check in. I wouldn't want to have to pay rack rates because we get in late and can't exchange our voucher until the next morning. Otherwise, we'll probably just cancel our Friday night and just go on Sat. TIA!

I'm checking out Nov 9-18 on the website, 9 nights, at CBR 2A - quote $2484.72 - a lot less than the $3203 quote I have saved from last night! That includes 10 day PH with WP, and dining...

ETA: I ran the same package for 9 nights in December, 8-17, and also 14-23, which are in value season as opposed to regular season for the November dates, and it gave me the same price I was quoted for November.... so it seems to be a greater saving for the November dates, even though it's the same price after discount! :)

:cool1: It is a better morning! I called yesterday morning and stayed online for 50 minutes to hear my dates were blacked out. Heard others were getting them, so I called yesterday at 4 and again at 8 to hear the systems were down. (about 40 minutes on hold total) I called at 6 am this morning (7am there) and went straight to a cm after the phone spiel! I could have upgraded to CBR or CSR for $3 less than my package at Pop, but switching to Sports saved me $339! I couldn't pass up the refund.

AllStar Sports 11/16-11/22 5 day base ticket Dining Plan
Me, ds10, dd8 $1548.21
Original Price at Pop for same package: 1887.21

With $59 airfare coming home ($119 going), even with MVMCP tickets this is truly a budget Thanksgiving trip!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter